Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food and Nutrition

This forum is for questions about food and nutrition before and after all types of surgeries. Check out the sub-forums to see if there is a more specific place for your post, to help people find information more easily.

Subforums

1. Pre-op Diets and Questions

This forum is for questions about the pre-op diets before all surgery types. This is not for recipes. Use the Recipe Sharing forum and sub-forums instead.

This forum is for questions about your post-op diet. The post-op guidelines may vary by surgery and by surgeon. This is not for recipes. Use the Recipe Sharing forum and sub-forums instead.

This forum is for questions about protein shakes and powders, vitamins, and other supplements.

This is a place where the emphasis is on supporting vegetarian and/or vegan styles of eating in terms of bariatric surgery and nutrients. No meat vs. non meat bashing, trash talk or the like are allowed. All are welcome in support of getting in your healthy veggies and fruit. Please feel free to ask questions.

The sub-forums here are for sharing recipes. There are two different main sections: diet phase and special diet needs. Note that in most cases, a higher diet phase allows foods from lower phases (you can have a full liquid even if you are on solids), so put the recipe in the minimum phase where it can be eaten.

5,451 topics in this forum

• 8 replies
  1. :(

• 2 replies
  2. :(

• 3 replies
  3. ?

• 7 replies
  4. ?

• 4 replies
    • 9 replies
  5. ..

• 20 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 4 replies
  6. "Allowed" Foods?

• 9 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 18 replies
  7. "Good" Fast Food?

• 41 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 4 replies
  8. $ For Protein Shakes Etc?

• 10 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
  9. 1 Month Post-op: I Miss Veggies So Much!

• 16 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 4 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 2 replies
  10. 1 year food poisoning?

• 4 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 27 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 4 replies
    • 18 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 13 replies
  11. 100 Percent Juice

• 2 replies
    • 20 replies
    • 7 replies
  12. 1000 Calories

• 3 replies
  13. 11 days

• 2 replies
    • 9 replies
  14. 11 month Stall

• 1 reply
    • 9 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 5 replies
  • Featured Surgeons

1. Masoud Rezvani

Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

2. Lisa Medvetz

Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335
      800-282-0066

• Most popular:

• Recent Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• MFaulk3

I am new to bariatric pal and find it a bit overwhelmed .... where to start? I’m deciding between gastric sleeve and gastric bypass, have fatty liver, hyperaldosteronism, hypertension, sleep apnea... I hope to decide this fairly soon and get my  surgery scheduled. Glad to be here and getting around a bit. I a 279 and have about 120 lbs to lose as I’m 5’ 7”. Thanks for listening!
      · 1 reply
      1. The 56 Bypass

Welcome. Just keep coming back and posting. You'll figure it out. 🙂 Best wishes on your journey. I started wanting sleeve, but because of a hiatal hernia, had to get bypass. I've absolutely no regrets.

• MrsGamgee

The scale still isn't liking me but AF is in full force, so I'm trying to cut myself some slack. The cravings for protein are still hard core, which is frustrating. I've re-upped my activity levels, which I think is contributing to my increased hunger, but I'm trying to stay busy and not think about food too much. The first two weeks of this liquid diet went so smoothly, I should have expected to hit a wall, now I just have to push past it. I can do this... I will be an outlier. 
      · 1 reply
      1. The 56 Bypass

Are you pre or post op?

• The 56 Bypass

I've made sure my video is shorter....this is simply a status update and some NSVs. 🙂 I am going to save a lot of the ancillary talking for my "Can We Talk?" series. By splitting up what I talk about this way, it should keep my videos to about 10 minutes each. Thank you for watching! 🙂 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Lelina

I had LapBand surgery in 2004. I lost 100 lbs. maintained weight successfully, but I vomit a lot, regurgitate and I have severe acid reflux. If I loosen the band, I don't have the issues, but I gain weight. I have been thinking about revision surgery from LapBand to mini gastric band. I am trying to find out how that would work.
      · 1 reply
      1. The 56 Bypass

Many people revise to bypass with much better longterm success. Keep is updated.

• Bella0630

May 8th, get ready for me!
      · 1 reply
      1. The 56 Bypass

Woohoo! Congrats! What surgery are you getting?

• Trending Topics

• Magazine Articles

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs