Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PRE-Operation Weight Loss Surgery Q&A

Congratulations! You made a life-changing decision and are now benefiting from your new, positive lifestyle. Please share your Weight Loss Surgery success story with our community. You deserve to celebrate, and your story may make the difference in someone else's life.

58,682 topics in this forum

• 5 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 19 replies
    • 5 replies
  1. Here we go again.

• 17 replies
  2. Second thoughts

• 6 replies
  3. Anticipation

• 8 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 212 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 1 reply
  4. Pre Op HELP!!!

• 3 replies
    • 8 replies
  5. Liquid diet

• 2 replies
  6. Pre op diet

• 17 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 7 replies
  7. Water

• 3 replies
    • 1,837 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 12 replies
    • 167 replies
    • 182 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 1 reply
  8. Phys evaluation

• 12 replies
    • 68 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 35 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 18 replies
  9. Milk problems

• 6 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 12 replies
  • Featured Surgeons

1. Masoud Rezvani

Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

2. Lisa Medvetz

Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335
      800-282-0066

• Recent Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• CrankyMagpie

I'm going to hit my stall now. I can tell, because 1) almost everybody stalls when they start moving on to real foods, in addition to the liquids, and 2) I'm at 302 pounds, lol, and the scale knows I want to see the 2 in the first digit.
      I'm fine. It's not going to freak me out or really even upset me. Honestly, I could stand the reconfiguration of inches that always comes with a stall, for me.
      I'm posting here in between bites of refried beans, which (knock on wood) seem to be going pretty well for me, so far. I'm so happy. Between ricotta (with a little sauce and a little seasoning) and refried beans (with a very small amount of low-fat cheese melted in), I can live without chewable foods for a pretty long time. (I'm also eating yogurt and ricotta cheese.) I do want to upgrade to the ricotta bake, because it has better protein and might cut down the number of protein shakes I need in a day. It's probably a bit more firm than ricotta alone, so I held off at first, but I think it's time, don't you? Plus, my spouse can put it over pasta and enjoy it with me.
      I'm eating 2.5 ounces of ricotta in a serving and maybe that much in beans? (this is my first attempt, but that's how much I served myself) I can eat 4 ounces of Greek yogurt in half an hour, which feels like a lot before the 2 week anniversary of my surgery. But I still haven't really figured out my body's "full" signal. I felt a little sick and stopped eating, one time, which made me think I'd overdone it. Other times, I just take tiny bites, sometimes a few minutes apart, for half an hour. And then I refrigerate or throw out what's left, because that was the guidance the nutritionists gave me. But other people talk about a sore shoulder or something as their signal, and I haven't found that yet.
      I guess it'll come with time and practice.
      · 4 replies
      1. CrankyMagpie

Prediction: ACCURATE! I was up .2 this morning. Here's hoping my thighs are smaller after this stall, so I can finally wear smaller pants. (The waists of pants that "fit" are too loose, but the thighs are still tight. And belts are uncomfortable on my incisions.)

2. Orchids&Dragons

Don't talk yourself into a stall. They're common, but not everyone has them early on. I honestly haven't had one yet. I've only had 3 "up" weeks in almost 8 months and none of them was from a stall. (One was from vacation, two were recovering from losing 13 lbs in 10 days because I was prescribed too much diuretic and ended up dehydrated in the er ☹️) You're unique, just let it go.

It is early for you to recognize a "full" signal. Pretty much all the foods you're eating right now are sliders that just pass through your pouch. Other than the refried beans, most of them won't stay long enough to trigger a "fullness" feeling. Don't worry, it will come. You're doing great!

3. CrankyMagpie

If it's a stall, it's only in comparison to the ridiculous speed with which I lost during immediate pre- and post-op. I'm still down like half a pound from when I posted this. (Half a pound in four days is slow for this stage of the journey, but it's still good!)

Thanks for the reassurance! It's good to be told I'm doing well. ❤️

4. Orchids&Dragons

Yeah, we love that non-linear weight loss when we have a 4-pound week. Not so much with a 1/2-pound week. I only weigh twice a week (and only write it down on Saturday) in an attempt to keep the insecurity monster at bay 😉

• Leia

211!!! Randomly super excited to have read that on the scale this morning! It almost doesn't feel real!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • AshMarie794

Haven't hit a stall but this week with only a 2 lbs loss after hitting the gym for 5 days is really getting to me.
      · 2 replies
      1. GB in CA

I had a stall for 2 weeks, lost a couple pounds, then started the gym and now I'm stalled again!

2. GreenTealael

Think of your gym time not for weightloss but as preplastic surgery. I promise the more you work out (whether you lose fat or gain muscle through it) the better your skin tone, tightness and elasticity will look in the long run... (Learning that now, too late after taking a break from the gym during a recent very active losing phase, I HAVE TO GO BACK)...

YOU'RE DOING GREAT!!!

• GreenTealael

Alright. No more adulting. Burned my nose, broke my espresso maker (officially), stubbed my toe, and cracked my phone screen all before 8am.
      Going back to bed.
      · 2 replies
      1. AshAsh1

Ouchhhhh. Virtual hugs for sure!

2. sillykitty

I'd definitely be done for the day! Back under the covers and Netflix for sure!

• GreenTealael

Bought fleece lined tights today. I really need fur lined pants...
      · 5 replies
      1. MargoCL

I love my fleece lined tights.... :)

2. sillykitty

Hmmm .... tell me more about this?? I'm a Cali girl, but spend a lot of time in colder climates. I like the idea of these!

3. FluffyChix

See. I read this ^^^ as, "I'm a Call girl..." and I'm like, well, I bet plenty of call girls would appreciate the thermal effect of fleece lined tights. :D

Here you go! Trying to wrap my head around these, btw, but in Houston Texas, there are about 2 weeks in February when I would possibly need them. :D

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=347672022&CAWELAID=120299900001964849&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=59094339069&CATCI=pla-531501973658&tid=onpl000017&kwid=1&ap=7&gclid=CjwKCAjwu5veBRBBEiwAFTqDwZCZW-TNnHzknUG7ykj-uqnaeGPZJDiQEzWXOD9gThPJZrcfbRxkdxoCcMsQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

4. GreenTealael

Ahahaha eyes playing tricks on us!

They are thicker than regular opaque tights and are just so cozy...

5. sillykitty

Ok ... I have some in my Amazon cart .... :)

• Trending Topics

• Magazine Articles

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs