Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos



Recommended Posts

This is my first "meal" since surgery, day one of phase 3. One egg scrambled with one teaspoon of whole milk, a sprinkle of black pepper and paprika and 1/4 of banana. Unfortunately this is the post pic as I forgot to take a pre pic but gotta tell you it was not that much larger. I only had about 4 SMALL bites of the egg and started getting that good old feeling right at my sternum area. The 4 bites were over a period of about 10-15 minutes. Very odd feeling to eat such a small amount and have a full belly. This is going to be weird getting used to.

20180726_091256.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, J San said:

This is my first "meal" since surgery, day one of phase 3. One egg scrambled with one teaspoon of whole milk, a sprinkle of black pepper and paprika and 1/4 of banana. Unfortunately this is the post pic as I forgot to take a pre pic but gotta tell you it was not that much larger. I only had about 4 SMALL bites of the egg and started getting that good old feeling right at my sternum area. The 4 bites were over a period of about 10-15 minutes. Very odd feeling to eat such a small amount and have a full belly. This is going to be weird getting used to.

20180726_091256.jpg

That is pretty impressive for 2 weeks post op....I was on purees until 6 weeks and I do not think I could have gotten that down. For some bizarre reason, eggs or eggbeaters was not allowed until 6 weeks post op for me. I am always amazed at the different recommendations people get. I agree, the speed at which you get full is pretty amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I looked at it when I first put in the bowl and thought man I'm gonna kill this and want more. Nope. Sliced the banana and added to the baggy in the freezer with the rest of it and my dog was more than happy with that leftover egg. Insane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 07/26/2018 at 06:31, Tealael said:

Dannon Oikos triple zero 5.3oz with hemp hearts, chia seeds, matcha powder, toasted edamame and raisins

Fin!

image-0.0100135803222656.jpg


image-0.00798702239990234.jpg

I just bought some matcha powder and was wondering what to do with it! Thanks! Hard to find it without sugar in it, had to order online!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, jess9395 said:

I just bought some matcha powder and was wondering what to do with it! Thanks! Hard to find it without sugar in it, had to order online!

After reading the post about Chia Seeds, I looked into Chia Seed pudding recipes. It has matcha powder as one of the additives. So I've got that and chia seeds on on my next grocery list.

https://wellnessmama.com/59344/chia-seed-pudding/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 07/26/2018 at 12:38, jess9395 said:

I just bought some matcha powder and was wondering what to do with it! Thanks! Hard to find it without sugar in it, had to order online!
Very very true, I use ceremonial grade matcha just two ingredients

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 7/25/2018 at 9:55 AM, SueperGal said:

I love chicken pad Thai so much, but I haven't had it in months. I used to eat a full order in a sitting at least once a week. Last night i asked if they could replace the rice noodles with bean sprouts and ate 1/4th of an order (about 1 cup). My husband's full order is included for comparison. It was amazing! 20180724_191045.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

I never would have thought to replace the noodles with sprouts. Thank you! I miss Pad Thai so much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 07/26/2018 at 08:15, MIZ60 said:





That is pretty impressive for 2 weeks post op....I was on purees until 6 weeks and I do not think I could have gotten that down. For some bizarre reason, eggs or eggbeaters was not allowed until 6 weeks post op for me. I am always amazed at the different recommendations people get. I agree, the speed at which you get full is pretty amazing.


Probably bc eggs don’t agree with a lot of us for a while. It took me several months before I could tolerate them even though they were allowed during mushy food stage at 3 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still have trouble gauging how much to serve myself even at five years out. Especially when I am eating things I don’t often eat (in this case quinoa and corn). They filled me up more quickly.

This is ancient grains and sautéed onions (about half and half) with leftover tri tip that I braised in red wine and wosterchire on top and then topped with a little bit of corn and green onions and cilantro. My fifteen year old ate what I didn’t. I added some power greens slaw on the side optimistically but didn’t eat any so cropped them out of the pic.

I will eat the slaw tomorrow for lunch.

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jess9395 said:

I still have trouble gauging how much to serve myself even at five years out. Especially when I am eating things I don’t often eat (in this case quinoa and corn). They filled me up more quickly.

This is ancient grains and sautéed onions (about half and half) with leftover tri tip that I braised in red wine and wosterchire on top and then topped with a little bit of corn and green onions and cilantro. My fifteen year old ate what I didn’t. I added some power greens slaw on the side optimistically but didn’t eat any so cropped them out of the pic.

I will eat the slaw tomorrow for lunch.

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

This looks pretty good, also you have done a great job with your weight for all these years what's your secret for keeping your weight in check so well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 07/26/2018 at 19:19, SummerEssence said:





This looks pretty good, also you have done a great job with your weight for all these years what's your secret for keeping your weight in check so well.


Thank you! Well... just doing what I know works. For me that’s avoiding simple/refined carbs, learning the difference between eating because I’m hungry and eating because I’m angry/hurt/frustrated, and staying active. I run 20+ miles a week and do a lot of yoga. I’m lucky in that my restriction is still great and I never really got the hungries back like I did before once I got my acid under control post op.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • newsam1154

      Hi I'm Sam, currently 7 seven years out of VSG and looking into revision due to weight gain. 
      I'll be the first to say I lived life a little too hard and am looking for a second chance at a healthier life. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Vitra  »  Garnold03

      Lololol...sad but true.. make sure you have probiotics in your diet daily. It helps your b m not have the horrible odor since we do not have the duodenum. I don't understand why they take that part out but they shouldn't leave it. Everything you eat and you can smell. But when you get back to normal eating it is off the chain.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • UniquelyMe28

      Exciting news for me. Found out I will be having my surgery October 25th! 
      · 1 reply
      1. Alyssa Dalrymple

        Goodluck on your big day

    • Jrule

      Any od 63 years old  or older having weight loss surgery or have had weight loss surgery.
       
       
      · 2 replies
      1. Ladidi

        I’m 67 and will be 68 when I have my surgery at the beginning of next year.

      2. Maylin

        I’m 67 and had surgery in September.

    • HeBrokeTheChains

      I had surgery on September 27th and I am one of the very blessed ones that have had no pain to speak of besides a couple days of gas pain. I have lost 9 lb since surgery, and I am feeling a little like I should have lost more by now. Is that realistic? Or am I being too fussy?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×