• Announcements

• Alex Brecher

New BariatricPal Facebook Group!   02/10/2018

Hey BariatricPal Members! I am excited to announce the new BariatricPal Secret Facebook group ! We are an exclusive group that is open by invitation only – and you’re invited! You can get the support you depend on from BariatricPal over on Facebook, too. We’re here for advice, encouragement, and companionship as you make your way through the WLS journey. To join the group, just click or tap this link. Then click or tap “Join Group.” And hurry! If you join within the next 15 days, you’ll be entered into a drawing to win a 1-year subscription to the BariatricPal Box of the Month Club – a $300 value! See you on Facebook!
    • Alex Brecher

All-inclusive weight loss surgery $4,600! Plastic Surgery $2400!!   02/12/2018

Don't compromise your health because weight loss or plastic surgery costs are too high! BariatricPal Hospital MX offers All-inclusive weight loss surgery packages starting at only $4,600 and Plastic surgery starting at only $2400! Begin a new chapter in your life in BariatricPal's brand-new, state-of-the-art hospital designed specifically for bariatric and plastic surgery patients. Visit BariatricPalHospitalMX.com for more information and to receive your free surgical consultation.  
    • Alex Brecher

Bariatric Box of the Month Club has launched!   02/12/2018

The BariatricPal Store supports your weight loss and health goals, and we have a fun new way to do that! We are introducing our monthly BariatricPal box! Each month, you will receive a box of goodies. The box is different each month. Get the box delivered to your doorstep for $39.99 each month. You'll love discovering and trying new surprises. Your subscription continues until you cancel it, so you will never miss a month. We also offer an annual subscription to the BariatricPal box. You get the same box, plus a reduced cost of $34.99 per month and a free Yunmai smart scale! Learn more or subscribe here!

Weight Loss Surgery Forums

Forums

1. PRE-Operation Weight Loss Surgery Q&A

Congratulations! You made a life-changing decision and are now benefiting from your new, positive lifestyle. Please share your Weight Loss Surgery success story with our community. You deserve to celebrate, and your story may make the difference in someone else's life.

2. POST-Operation Weight Loss Surgery Q&A

This is the place to talk about post-op questions. Discuss recovery, the post-op Weight Loss Surgery diet progression, nutrition, complications, medical tests, and other Weight Loss Surgery issues.

3. General Weight Loss Surgery Discussions

Talk about anything related to weight loss surgery, such as choosing a surgery and surgeon, preparing for surgery, pre-surgery and post-surgery diets, weight loss, exercise and mental challenges. Exchange recipes, find weight loss surgery buddies, get exercise advice, ask about cosmetic and reconstructive surgery and share your weight loss surgery story!

In a gastric sleeve surgery or vertical sleeve gastrectomy (VSG), the surgeon removes most of your stomach and forms the rest into a tube-shaped sleeve from your throat to your small intestine. These forums are for sleevers, potential sleevers and revisional sleevers! Talk about the VSG diet, nutritional supplements, weight loss and sleeve complications.

The Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGB) is restrictive and malabsorptive. You get a smaller stomach pouch, which attaches lower down your small intestine. In these forums, talk about dumping syndrome, nutrient deficiencies, weight loss, the bypass diet and complications. Forums are for pre-WLS patients and those already have the RYGB.

The adjustable gastric band (LAP-BAND) is a less invasive type of weight loss surgery that works through restricting your stomach size. Discuss LAP-BAND related topics such as fills, LAP-BAND diets, nutritional supplements, complications and band over bypass. Share your experiences and be supportive!

This is the place to share your Weight Loss Surgery journey with other members. Please start your own thread to tell us more about yourself. Do you have weight loss surgery? Who was/is your surgeon? How much weight have you lost, what changes have you noticed, and what challenges have you overcome?

Congratulations! You made a life-changing decision and are now benefiting from your new, positive lifestyle. Please share your Weight Loss Surgery success story with our community. You deserve to celebrate, and your story may make the difference in someone else's life.

This forum is for questions about food and nutrition before and after all types of surgeries. Check out the sub-forums to see if there is a more specific place for your post, to help people find information more easily.

This forum is devoted to discussions, questions, and answers dealing with fitness and exercise, routines, habits, etc.

This forum is the place to share your personal experiences and discuss surgery costs, length, and quality of hospital stays, surgeon recommendations, and anything else related to weight loss surgeons and hospitals. You can search our Weight Loss Surgeon Directory to find a local Bariatric Surgeon here.

This forum is for discussions related to weight loss surgery insurance coverage and financing options. Gain from learning from others’ experiences!

13. Mexico & Self-Pay Weight Loss Surgery

A forum for discussing travel to Mexico to have Gastric Sleeve, Gastric Bypass or another type of Weight Loss Surgery, as well as for discussing self-pay for weight loss surgery

facebook-group-icon.jpg

Congratulations on achieving or approaching your goal weight! Are you thinking about skin removal, cosmetic, or reconstructive surgery? This is the forum dedicated to discussing tummy tucks, brachioplasty (arm lift), mastopexy (breast lift), and inner thigh lifts, and other cosmetic procedures after losing a lot of weight with weight loss surgery.

Been around BariatricPal for a while? Then chat with other old-timers who also know the drill! Sometimes it just feels more comfortable to kick back and shoot the breeze with familiar faces. So, come on into the Vets Forum for some serious WLS talk or just to hang out. We're old pals here!

NOTE:  You must be 18 months post-op to participate in the WLS Veterans's Forum.

Want debate? Get it here. Gripe, complain, moan, fight, rant and rave. Enter at your own risk!

This forum is for general conversation, sharing interests, having a laugh or discussing anything not specifically related to Weight Loss Surgery surgery.

This is a place for ladies to discuss everything from Weight Loss Surgery complications, diet, and concerns, to any other off-topic subjects.

This is the place for support for pregnant, trying-to-get-pregnant, and new parents after weight loss surgery. Share your tips and support here regarding breastfeeding, good nutrition, and taking care of yourself and your baby.

This is a place for men to discuss everything from Weight Loss Surgery complications, diet, and concerns, to any other off-topic subjects.

Looking for that special someone? Once you start on your weight loss surgery journey, everything from your lifestyle to your body to the way you think about yourself and the world changes. Here is a forum to meet other weight loss surgery singles who know what you’re going through and who are have the same health goals and lifestyle as you do. Have fun!

22. Other Types of Weight Loss Surgery & Procedures

The Gastric Plication (sleeve plication or greater curvature plication), Duodenal Switch (DS), Mini Gastric Bypass (MGB), Gastric Balloon (intragastric balloon), and other Endolumenal Bariatric procedures are also options for treating obesity. This is where you can talk about these weight loss surgeries and procedures. Share your experiences and ask questions in these forums!

23. Weight Loss Medications & Popular Diets

Before or after weight loss surgery, you may be following one of the popular diet plans to guide your eating. This is the place to talk about the Paleo diet, Atkins, Jenny Craig, SlimFast, Weight Watchers, South Beach, and any other diet. Talk about recipes, meal plans, do’s and don’ts, and how to get your popular diet to fit into your weight loss surgery diet.

Use these forums to find out about meetings in your area and contact your Local Chapter leaders. Keep up with your BariatricPal Local Chapter friends in between your regular face-to-face group meetings, and find out what other BariatricPal Local Chapter groups are up to.

Weight Loss Surgery Magazine is an online publication made up of informative articles written by weight loss professionals who have experience with weight loss surgery.

WLS Magazine covers many aspects of weight loss surgery and is written by health professionals from across the healthcare spectrum, including: Physicians/Surgeons, Dietitians/Nutritionists, Health & Wellness Experts, Psychologists, Life Coaches and Others who are at the forefront in the fight against obesity.

BariatricPal News, a regular newsletter to keep you up to date on our community. We’ll tell you all about our exciting new features, programs and anything else you need and want to know about BariatricPal.com. Our goal is to make sure you know everything.

Technical questions? Comments about BariatricPal? We welcome feedback and suggestions on any aspect of BariatricPal.com. This is also the place to visit for updates about new features and updates.

1. Masoud Rezvani

Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

2. Lisa Medvetz

Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335
      800-282-0066

• Recent Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Sleeve1stFitNext

My gym is closed on the weekends. I feel sad. I wish I could just go workout. I miss it. President's Day they are closed too. I am like  . This interferes with my workouts. Now, I have to workout at home. Well, I have a jump rope and a medicine ball. 

· 2 replies
      1. Newme17

You can do it!

2. Sleeve1stFitNext

I just miss my gym. I am like, can yall be open on weekends?

• Shells_Almost_There

The week 3 stall is no fun! Come on!!! 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Sleeve1stFitNext

Gave my back sweat a smiley face 😊. Isn’t she adorable? Her name is Sweatie. Lol, I am annoying. Lol
      I got back down to 189.6 lbs. I have increased my cardio with weight lifting, as well as consistently worked on my Abs. 

· 4 replies
      1. Newme17

Yay for you! Look at all that sweat! That’s me girl...my sweat comes out like rain, and not a light drizzle, downpour!! Lol

I too am upping my cardio. I’m going to limit my weights to twice a week and do cardio three times. That is, if I make it most everyday.

Keep at it! Feels so good working out like a beast! Yeah! 💪🏽

2. Sleeve1stFitNext

Lol, I use sweet sweat and a neoprene to help me sweat. I honestly have a hard time sweating to it makes my tummy pour down. That's where I hold most of my water and feel bloated.

Since upping my cardio, the weight has been coming down. I think the key for me is equilibrium lol. That is the the key to everything. Also my diet has equaled out. I have no more than 40g of carbs with 120g of Protein. Limiting the fats a bit to no more than 20g. Also increasing my water intake by another 10 oz getting me up to 74 oz. This has been working and I see and feel the change.

Yayy for being strong.

3. Newme17

Never had an issue of not sweating! Lol. Yes, I’m glad you upped your water intake for using the sweat gear. I’m glad it’s all working out for you too!

Soooo....weights are on hold. Goodness even holding my phone is hurting. I slipped and fell on a grape at the grocery store! Hahahaha. Lol. It was quite comical. I can even hear the cartoon like noise when I went down. Well I tried catching myself and landed on my left hand. Feels sprained. I had it documented with the store as well, for the just in case. But I think it’ll blow over in a day or two, I hope!!! So, just cardio for me. My doc will be happy about that part...wants me to focus on cardio more. Haha.

I was a victim but I choose to not stay the victim!!! What a glorious day!!! 😊

...some guy ran in to my car yesterday as well. Haha. My house alarm goes off and have to dispatch the police, all at the same time!!!! What chaos...but it’s all good. Funny too.

4. Sleeve1stFitNext

I hope your wrist gets better. While I was reading your post, I couldn’t help but imagine the fall and the cartoon sound. I would hold off on weights for a little too.

Nope there are no victims here. Just strong people reclaiming their lives each and everyday.

You had such an eventful week. Oh man, someone hit your car, police get called. I am sure you were like what else could possibly happen. Whop Whop!! PoPo knocking at the door. It’s crazy how so much can happen in a short period of time.

The amazing thing is how we can laugh about the craziness now instead of turn to food.

Yeah that stuff has my tummy looking like a waterfall when all is said and done.

• Little Green

Been feeling pretty bummed all day since it was supposed to be my surgery date. Trying to stay positive and think about the big picture!
      · 5 replies
      1. Newme17

Ah....I'm sorry! Not to add to your bumming, but I would be too. I try to look at things like this...when the time it comes, it was appointed, like it is supposed to happen then/or not. Does that make sense? I don't believe everything happens for a reason though, to make it even more confusing. LOL But anyhow, it'll come around and when it does, the bummed out original date won't even matter anymore! :) Hang in there hon and be blessed today, okay.

2. FluffyChix

Awwww! ((hugs)) I'm so sorry! I totes agree with @Newme17! I would feel the exact same way. It sucks monkey peeps! :( But her advice is sage!!! She's a tricky one! Keep your eye on her! ;)

I want to add, that the 2 months will fly by. It's so weird. Like Christmas: when we were kids it took FOREVS to come around, and now I'm like, "FUUUUUUUUUUCCCCC*, It's already mid-February. Only 10more months to Christmas." Seriously, where did the last 6 weeks go while I was busy fartin' around?

Hang in there sweetie. Do something good for yourself today. Prepare a lovely meal. Celebrate you!!!

3. Creekimp13

Sorry, Little Green. That stinks.

4. proudgrammy

I'm sorry too!! do you have a new date?? bummer, bummer, bummer - the day will come. i can only imagine your pain and sadness:(kathy

5. Nessy76

Sorry Little Green, hang in there, your day will come. -_-

• gilahava

Tomorrow. It's tomorrow and I am terrified. (I'm also incredibly excited, but right now terrified is winning the day.)
      As of last night, I've lost 12 pounds on the pre-op diet. Literally a pound a day. How does that even happen?
      I'm bummed that we couldn't have a nice Valentine's Day dinner last night. R ate before I got home; I had some tomatoes. 
      I'm afraid of pain. That's mostly it; I'm afraid of pain. And, of course, of something going wrong during surgery. But mostly pain.
      · 1 reply
      1. blizair09

I can't settle your nerves, no one can, in fact, but, trust me, nothing about it is as bad as you imagine it to be. I was the same way. Wishing you the best! Optimize this tool and your life will change exponentially.

• Trending Topics

• Magazine Articles

1. 8 Behaviors to Start Next Week to CHANGE

Posted in: Post-Op Support
      Dr. Colleen Long
    2. Love Yourself First

Posted in: Post-Op Support
      Alex Brecher
    3. 6 Tips to Prevent Hair Loss After Bariatric Surgery

Posted in: Food & Nutrition
      Kristin Willard, RDN, CSG, CLT
  • Together, we have lost...