Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post-op Diets and Questions

This forum is for questions about your post-op diet. The post-op guidelines may vary by surgery and by surgeon. This is not for recipes. Use the Recipe Sharing forum and sub-forums instead.

2,662 topics in this forum

• 6 replies
    • 2,568 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 3 replies
  1. Coffee

• 4 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 41 replies
  2. Best Time

• 2 replies
    • 7 replies
  3. Cereal!

• 0 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 7 replies
  4. Hunger

• 3 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 7 replies
  5. Hard day?!!

• 4 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 4 replies
  6. Clear Protein

• 5 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 5 replies
  7. Puree Diet

• 5 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 12 replies
  8. Calories & Crossfit

• 1 reply
    • 85 replies
    • 0 replies
  9. wls and vegan

• 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 1 reply
  10. Chili

• 4 replies
    • 26 replies
    • 8 replies
  • Featured Surgeons

1. Masoud Rezvani

Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

2. Lisa Medvetz

Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335
      800-282-0066

• Most popular:

• Recent Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ProudGrammy

Georgia on my mind - off to grand-daughters high school graduation - she's smart and cute as a button, just like her grammy,☺️
      kathy
      · 1 reply
      1. SusieQ2019

Congratulations to her Proud Granny, and wishing her a bright and successful future.

• *Meaghan*

Went to my initial consult with the Bariatric surgeon/ program I chose. Came home with a folder full of information & helpful organization of all the testing that needs to be completed while I complete the required nutritional counseling. She also let me know my insurance typically takes 6 weeks to reply with authorization when submitted, so that puts my potential surgery date near the new year if all stays on track  I felt comfortable with her, in our discussions she agrees that I am a good candidate for the Gastric Bypass. I appreciated the 'introduction' class that was given after the consult with the surgeon where I was given this binder of every referral (from her, not my pcp referrals), & contact information for all the testing needed to make my contacts/calls tomorrow morning even easier I start my nutrition classes on June 5th, so that's when the clock will start toward insurance approval & getting the tool to help me reach my goals
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Torie Faye

I had my Bypass Surgery on 04/25/2019 I'd weighted before surgery 308 and now 285. I get depressed because I thought it would be more. I follow all instructions from Dr.. Green walk every day work out and eating solid foods 
      · 1 reply
      1. ProudGrammy

welcome welcome - 23 lbs pre/post op is great. you are doing fine. keep up the good work. kathy

• MrsGamgee

Day 5 post-op... didn't sleep great last night, lots of gas pain and it was my first night without using the rx pain meds. I'm tired and feeling rather stupid. My nurse is supposed to call today for a check in, so I'm debating taking a nap now and risk missing her call, or forcing myself to stay awake and pray she calls soon. Also, showering should be considered a workout... just doing the basics used up all my energy. Weight is slowly working its way down. I know that I shouldn't be on the scale yet, but I couldn't resist. I'm down almost 9lb down since surgery. Yay!
      · 1 reply
      1. Emilia Danciu

You are allowed to feel tired, take naps and only do the minimum this soon after the surgery. Listen to your body and be good to yourself at this time. Most important things to care about at this time is hydration and protein. It is a full-time job to stay on top of that and prioritize your energy there for now. Just give your body the time to heal and adjust, don’t rush the recovery.

• jrmolina2006

seems like the biggest issue right now is consistency in my bowel movement, what are yall using. I've tried probiotics but no luck,
      · 1 reply
      1. domi

I use benefiber everyday in my water. it is flavorless. On days when I get a little backed up I use Miralax. It works great without any cramping.

• Trending Topics

• Magazine Articles

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs