Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!
  • Announcements

• Alex Brecher

New BariatricPal Facebook Group!   02/10/2018

Hey BariatricPal Members! I am excited to announce the new BariatricPal Private Facebook group ! We are an exclusive group that is open by invitation only – and you’re invited! You can get the support you depend on from BariatricPal over on Facebook, too. We’re here for advice, encouragement, and companionship as you make your way through the WLS journey. To join the group, just click or tap this link. Then click or tap “Join Group.” And hurry! If you join within the next 15 days, you’ll be entered into a drawing to win a 1-year subscription to the BariatricPal Box of the Month Club – a $300 value! See you on Facebook!
    • Alex Brecher

Bariatric Box of the Month Club has launched!   02/12/2018

The BariatricPal Store supports your weight loss and health goals, and we have a fun new way to do that! We are introducing our monthly BariatricPal box! Each month, you will receive a box of goodies. The box is different each month. Get the box delivered to your doorstep for $39.99 each month. You'll love discovering and trying new surprises. Your subscription continues until you cancel it, so you will never miss a month. We also offer an annual subscription to the BariatricPal box. You get the same box, plus a reduced cost of $34.99 per month and a free Yunmai smart scale! Learn more or subscribe here!   What’s in the box? It changes each month, so you 
      will find out when you open it! You might get… Top-selling store products. Samples of our newest products so you can be first to try them! Great-tasting protein bars and shakes in both classic and daring flavors. Ready-to-eat snacks and/or instant meals – all high-protein, low-carb. Samples of vitamins, minerals, and health-boosting supplements. Other weight loss helpers, such as measuring aids. You can count on at least 8 to 10 items in each Box. You’ll get at least $50 worth of top-quality products and exclusive coupons every month. Getting the Box is the only way you could try all of these products without buying bigger quantities of them. Boxes begin shipping around the 24th of the month. Who is it for? YOU, if you want: Great-tasting, fun products. Exclusive discounts every month on the products you try. Variety, taste, and protein on your pre-op diet or solid foods post-op diet. Help losing weight with or without surgery. More protein, less sugar, and more flavor. Samples of new and delicious products without committing to an entire box. High-protein, nutritionist-developed menus to help you lose weight.

Weight Loss Surgery Success Stories

Congratulations! You made a life-changing decision and are now benefiting from your new, positive lifestyle. Please share your Weight Loss Surgery success story with our community. You deserve to celebrate, and your story may make the difference in someone else's life.

9,964 topics in this forum

• 2,285 replies
  1. 8 years post op next month

• 6 replies
    • 14 replies
  2. Onederland

• 2 replies
    • 71 replies
  3. NSV shout outs

• 1,590 replies
    • 50 replies
  4. Success!

• 1 reply
    • 10 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 2,593 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 29 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 21 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 25 replies
    • 29 replies
  5. My VSG success!

• 14 replies
    • 34 replies
    • 41 replies
    • 19 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 21 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 18 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 19 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 53 replies
  6. Nausea

• 2 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 2 replies
  7. Almost to my Goal!

• 32 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 19 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 44 replies
    • 25 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 23 replies
    • 24 replies
  • Featured Surgeons

1. Masoud Rezvani

Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

2. Lisa Medvetz

Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335
      800-282-0066

• Recent Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Newme17

So, getting finances in order, I managed to sell my 2016 Toyota Avalon. It was a beautiful car, of which surprisingly, I’m doing fine without and I actually don’t miss it; and also of which resulted in having a one-vehicle household, which resulted in me HAVING to walk 2.2 miles everyday 5x a week to get my daughter to school. I’m actually quite glad, I’m feeling better/stronger again, and I dropped almost $20,000 of debt. WIN-WIN! 
      · 2 replies
      1. Sleeve1stFitNext

Awesome sauce!!!

2. FluffyChix

Yay!!! That's incredible on so many levels! Yay you! (You wouldn't have been able to do it if you didn't have the surgery and re-birth!"

Maybe you should look at practicing your nutrition stuff from home?

• allwet

so a newborn giraffe:  no wonder i am tired today
      Looking forward to complete Oxford English Dictionary
      Dam wish i hadn't missed that Gold brick.  Just my luck
      well got to fed the Giraffe. Catch you all later
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • istytehcrawk

Tonight's experiment: wonton wrapper lasagna (made with ground turkey and a Greek yogurt cream cheese/mozzarella/cheddar/spices mix instead of ricotta, which I don't like) and tacos (made with taco meat pilfered from my sister's supper). In the oven now!

· 5 replies
      1. istytehcrawk

Haven't tried the taco ones yet, but the lasagna ones are DELICIOUS!

2. Charity G

I'll have to try these! What's the carb count like for the wontons? After surgery, what guidelines did your surgeon and/or nutritionist give you regarding calories and carbs?

3. istytehcrawk

The wonton wrappers are 31 carbs (1 fiber and 1 sugar) for eight wrappers; each lasagna/taco uses two wrappers. At my one-month follow-up, my surgeon said just to worry about protein/liquids, not the other macros, and she said to work toward 1,000-1,200 calories per day, but that it'd take a while to get there (I'm averaging 500-700 per day currently, with at least 60 carbs).

4. FluffyChix

How were they? They look great!

• istytehcrawk

My jeans were literally starting to fall off me, so I caved today and bought a pair of 26/28s to hold me over until capri weather hits, hopefully in the next few weeks.
      The important part, though, is that I bought them at WALMART! I haven't been able to buy pants there in YEARS because they didn't go to my size. Unfortunately, I still had to pay $17 (so much better than the $60ish at Catherine's though), because the 26s that were on clearance for $9 were still too small to be comfortable. SOON, though!
      · 1 reply
      1. Newme17

I almost caved today at Walmart for some pants, but I just couldn’t do it. I keep thinking how many times will I actually wear them before I have to go down a size. Technically I could have gotten some for about the last two months, cause I have been staying about the same. But since my workouts were upped again, I figured to just keep my money and wear the leggings (I have been buying these in smaller sizes...they’re cheap at walmart!) I’ve been wearing for the past year! So, good for you! Enjoy your pants and yay...they’re much cheaper atwalmart and yes, they’re just as good too, IMO. 😊

• istytehcrawk

Just made Eggface's mini chocolate protein muffins, minus the chocolate topping. They're pretty tasty, albeit a little bit dry; I think when I reheat them I'll spray them with a tiny bit of butter spray to help with that. Not bad, considering they help satisfy the sweet tooth for roughly 30 calories and 2 grams of protein (my mix made 14 instead of the 12 hers did).
      · 1 reply
      1. Orchids&Dragons

Thanks for the link! Those look great!

• Trending Topics

• Magazine Articles

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs