Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

Just now, JennyBeez said:

Happy 6wk anniversary!! :D

It doesn't help in the bathing suit / swimming costume part of things (cause those often have to fit more snuggly to prevent flashing other swimmers), but for clothing I've found some fantastic clips to help when you're mid-size, or don't want to spend too much while you're still losing so quickly. Cardigan clips with rubber / silicone teeth (so they don't harm the fabric). I used to only see the fancy ones for the front of cardigans, but there's a bunch of elasticized fabric ones online that are much more comfortable on the back of a loose shirt to make it a bit more form fitting. I've still had to buy a few items here and there (which is honestly part of the 'hurrah' for losing weight anyway), but it's helped me fit into some tops better without having to sew them.

Thank you!

Oooo I shall have a look at that then - I didn't even know such a thing existed! Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SleeveToBypass2023 said:

bless yer heart = you're an idiot

yonto = do you want to

ya'll = you all

gimme some sugar = give me a kiss

touched in the head = crazy

use-ta-could = use to be able to

ain't = am not or isn't

you best not = you better not

The list goes on and on lol And the madder I get, the thicker my accent gets LMAO And don't ask us for directions, cuz WE know what we're talkin about but you'll never figure out where we're directing you to go LMAO

I knew bless your heart was an insult 😳 Plus others I have learned from reading/watching such as Sweet Magnolias. Love learning other people’s sayings and things.

We also say cossie, swimmers and togs in our household too @Arabesque Hubby lived in Aus in his late teens/early 20s and he has family out there too. He still has the occasional’twang’ 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JennyBeez said:

Happy 6wk anniversary!! :D

It doesn't help in the bathing suit / swimming costume part of things (cause those often have to fit more snuggly to prevent flashing other swimmers), but for clothing I've found some fantastic clips to help when you're mid-size, or don't want to spend too much while you're still losing so quickly. Cardigan clips with rubber / silicone teeth (so they don't harm the fabric). I used to only see the fancy ones for the front of cardigans, but there's a bunch of elasticized fabric ones online that are much more comfortable on the back of a loose shirt to make it a bit more form fitting. I've still had to buy a few items here and there (which is honestly part of the 'hurrah' for losing weight anyway), but it's helped me fit into some tops better without having to sew them.

I’ve just bought some of these off Amazon - 6 or 7 different types, some fancy, some quite plain and all for around £8. I bought them to help with cardis, jackets etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

There are some cute ways to put a rubber band on the inside of tops too that creates a cute design while pulling it in to be more form fitting. I’m sure you can find some of the fancier ways if you poked around online but the easiest I’ve seen is to turn it inside out and put a small hair tie or whatever off to the side around the belly button area. You can also do it in the back and near the bottom then tuck it under. It actually looked really cute in the tutorial. They also sell waist tightener clips for pants.

Edited by ShoppGirl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I was doing grocery pickup earlier so I couldn’t look it up but this link shows what I was trying to describe for baggy shirts. I guess it’s a little about the belly button.

https://insideoutstyleblog.com/2015/01/how-to-style-your-loose-tops-with-a-rubber-band-the-kimtuck-revealed.html

Edited by ShoppGirl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, SleeveToBypass2023 said:

bless yer heart = you're an idiot

yonto = do you want to

ya'll = you all

gimme some sugar = give me a kiss

touched in the head = crazy

use-ta-could = use to be able to

ain't = am not or isn't

you best not = you better not

The list goes on and on lol And the madder I get, the thicker my accent gets LMAO And don't ask us for directions, cuz WE know what we're talkin about but you'll never figure out where we're directing you to go LMAO

Knew all these - watch too much American tv I think 😂.

Don’t believe 3/4 of the Aussie slang people stereotypically think we use like I’ve never said gidday to anyone or called anyone a cobber (a friend). Most aren’t commonly used at all or haven’t really been in use for a long time. Many words are abbreviations or shortened forms of words - we’re great at doing that. Like cossie is short for swimming costume. In general, we’re more English in our vocabulary (& spelling). Except the young ones are adopting more & more Americanisms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Arabesque said:

Knew all these - watch too much American tv I think 😂.

Don’t believe 3/4 of the Aussie slang people stereotypically think we use like I’ve never said gidday to anyone or called anyone a cobber (a friend). Most aren’t commonly used at all or haven’t really been in use for a long time. Many words are abbreviations or shortened forms of words - we’re great at doing that. Like cossie is short for swimming costume. In general, we’re more English in our vocabulary (& spelling). Except the young ones are adopting more & more Americanisms.

so you don't put shrimp on the barbie??? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

I was doing grocery pickup earlier so I couldn’t look it up but this link shows what I was trying to describe for baggy shirts. I guess it’s a little about the belly button.

https://insideoutstyleblog.com/2015/01/how-to-style-your-loose-tops-with-a-rubber-band-the-kimtuck-revealed.html

I had seen something similar to this but using a coin and an elastic band.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, SleeveToBypass2023 said:

so you don't put shrimp on the barbie??? lol

Nope. We don’t even call them shrimp. They’re prawns. Shrimp was used in the original ad solely for the tourist market so you’d know what was being barbecued. You were all lied to. 😂

PS - There aren’t kangaroos hopping down our streets either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Arabesque said:

Nope. We don’t even call them shrimp. They’re prawns. Shrimp was used in the original ad solely for the tourist market so you’d know what was being barbecued. You were all lied to. 😂

PS - There aren’t kangaroos hopping down our streets either.

Well now I just feel like my whole life has been a lie!!! Next you're gonna tell me all of Australia isn't remote bushland with extremely large animals around every corner trying to kill me the second I set foot outside in the 135 degree heat!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SleeveToBypass2023 said:

Well now I just feel like my whole life has been a lie!!! Next you're gonna tell me all of Australia isn't remote bushland with extremely large animals around every corner trying to kill me the second I set foot outside in the 135 degree heat!!!!

I second this 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Luis E. Lara

      Hi everyone, I'm nerw here ☺️
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Liz R

      Trying to update my ticker - I'm down 100 pounds!! 
      · 1 reply
      1. Alisa_S

        I don't know how to update the ticker, but CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    • Alisa_S

      I joined BariatricPal in 2008 & I FINALLY made the descision to have WLS!! I'm so excited & not sure what I need to do to get the ball rolling, but I made an appointment with my PCP for 7/19. It's a start I guess.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Elnaz

      Losing weight is my dream
      · 1 reply
      1. Alisa_S

        I've been dreaming about it for 30 years or so. It's time to make it happen!

    • OhMyGawdItzKla

      I joined yesterday when I was struggling with this preop diet... 
      It typically comes and goes, the hard times and easier times. I'm on day 6 of 14  shakes, water, sf Popsicles and jello. And I might actually be losing my mind. But, oh dear lord has the fear set in. Not about the surgery itself, but life afterwards. If I feel this crappy on the preop diet, am I going to feel like this forever after? 
      I know most of the answers are no, not forever. It might be worse after for a while, then get better. I know it's a more of a mental challenge than physical after the first couple weeks of healing. I get all of that. But I'm starting to feel scared about losing myself afterwards. 
      It might be my hormones or desire to chew something salty talking.. It may go away soon or tomorrow.. I can hope, anyway. But right now.. The fear is real. 
       
      And this liquid diet can bite me. 
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

        Fear is normal, but if it makes you feel any better, I'm 4.5 months post-op and the pre-op diet was by far the hardest part of the whole process. There will be challenges and a lot of new things to learn, but I can honestly say at this point I feel so much more "back to normal" and was even able to go on a week-long vacation with my kids without stressing over it. It's so worthwhile.

      2. OhMyGawdItzKla

        @NickelChip This actually does make me feel better! Thank you so much! After the onslaught of Covid, we've all had to deal with a "new normal", so I know it's possible. It's just the fear and frustration in this moment that makes me question if I can find another "new normal" afterwards. The thought of just a few more months seems daunting some times, but I really do appreciate input and real experience. I'll use that to get me through for a few more hours! LOL. Thank you so much! And I'm glad everything is going so well for you! ❤️

  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×