Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"Cottage Doubles" by Breakstone

I'm just starting out mushies and picked up a few "Cottage Doubles" which is cottage cheese w/ a fruit topping (I don't eat the big chunks). Since practically everything I read is all about "no sugar" I'm wondering if I should be avoiding these.

Calories: 130

Saturated Fat: 1.5g

Total Carb: 17g

Sugars: 15g

Protein: 11g

The above stats are for the strawberry flavor. I ate 1/2 of it for lunch and finished up the other half for dinner.

Can anyone provide feedback on that carb/sugar count? My NUT didn't give me any guidelines other than "if you eat anything w/ carbs, make sure it has a good amount of Protein in it." In addition, pretty much all my food suggestions are sugar-free (I'm not diabetic) so I'm not sure if I should be avoiding these.

Thanks in advance!

For my guidelines, that is way too many carbs and sugar. But, not everyone consider fruits as carbs like I did. A carb was a carb for me, and I just didn't have room for them. For me, if the Protein count wasn't 4-5 times the amount of carbs, I didn't eat it during my losing stage. You could maybe mix in the sugar free coffee syrups, or some sugar-free Jello or pudding powder packets to avoid the carbs, but still get good flavor in cottage cheese.

I wasn't diabetic either, but I did all sugar free and as low on the carbs as I could get during my losing stage. It's what worked for me. Plus, I had read that our bodies will burn those sugars instead of the fat and eating sugar could spur cravings. You'll probably get different replies because everyone kind of does what works for them, but for me, these would have been a "no go" only because the carbs outnumber the Protein grams.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 1 reply
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!