Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vitamins

Does anybody know what is the fastest way to get my body and mind back after yes I know, horrible neglect on my Vitamins. I just felt so good, sold my house, moved, relocated and 5 months later I realize this week it got me like a ton of bricks. I had been feeling some symptoms but been so busy that just disregarded the small amount of brain fog, some aches and pains and slight headaches. This week it went from 0-9. Anyone else has had this issue and what’s the fastest way to recover? I am eating super well 24/7 now and foods dense in lots of nutrients but it’s been 4 days and still have some plugged heating, tired, Migraine has somewhat subsided and brain fog as well has subsided. Suggestions please!

Make an appointment with your surgeon so they can order Vitamin study labs to see where your levels are now, and then they can advise you what supplements you need.

2 hours ago, I♡BypassedMyPhatAss♡ said:

Make an appointment with your surgeon so they can order Vitamin study labs to see where your levels are now, and then they can advise you what supplements you need.

I agree.

While you're waiting for your appointment, you could start back on a bariatric Multivitamin once a day and calcium citrate three times a day. I've linked the bariatric Vitamin I use. It has Iron in it, so you should wait two hours before taking the Calcium.

They tell me that chemically, iron and calcium are both anions. Our post-surgery bodies have a limited capacity for absorption, so if you take two anions at the same time, the amount of each that's actually absorbed is unpredictable. (My last chemistry course was almost 50 years ago, so it was a stretch to remember this stuff.)

You need calcium citrate because more easily soluble than the more common and cheaper calcium carbonate. If you need more iron, you'll need ferrous gluconate rather than ferrous sulfate for the same reason. Your doc will tell you whether you need iron based on the blood work.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HZ3YQ5X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by Dave In Houston

On 8/28/2022 at 2:01 PM, I♡BypassedMyPhatAss♡ said:

I was wondering if I can take the Vitamins and meds with applesauce , I know my elderly mom does makes them easier to go down. I need to ask my team about the vitamin patches. How much would you say you spend for Vitamins a month after surgery? Thanks so much for your feedback!

3 hours ago, Giginc said:

I was wondering if I can take the Vitamins and meds with applesauce , I know my elderly mom does makes them easier to go down. I need to ask my team about the vitamin patches. How much would you say you spend for Vitamins a month after surgery? Thanks so much for your feedback!

My multivitamin is $27 for a three month supply. My calcium citrate is $12 I think? There's 500 in the bottle, from costco, so that's a little more than a six month supply for me.

Vitamin costs can vary greatly. And as you get further out post op, and get your vitamin/mineral levels checked, the vitamins/supplements that you take can change, depending on what your lab results, so expect a possible change in what supplements you will take and costs to change.

My surgeon doesn't recommend the vitamin patches. So I can't comment about those.

I'd ask your dietician about the applesauce. Not sure about that. I was on chewable vitamins early post op and had no trouble transitioning to the capsules.

I use BariatricPal Multivitamin ONE “1 per Day!” flavorless capsules from https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/bariatricpal-multivitamin-one! BariatricPal has a special offer where it’ll cost you only $99 for an entire year's supply! Check it out at https://store.bariatricpal.com/99

With just ONE convenient & affordable BariatricPal Multivitamin ONE each day, you can get the bariatric Vitamins and minerals you need to stay healthy! BariatricPal Multivitamin ONE was designed and developed by a team of the world’s leading Bariatric medical professionals.

Please take a Calcium supplement separately to prevent interference with the absorption of Iron. You can view a large selection of bariatric-friendly Calcium supplements at https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/calcium.

You can also find MANY other brands of bariatric Multivitamins at https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/multivitamins.