Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 lbs short of being eligible. :/

So I'm 10 lbs short of being eligible, I really hate the thought of gaining more weight.

So I'm 10 lbs short of being eligible' date=' I really hate the thought of gaining more weight.[/quote']

I know that's crazy!

That is ridiculous! I hate to say it, but with the holidays, ten pounds can be pretty easy and if you could put it on, they put you on a liquid diet anyway that you will lose the ten in a week easy. Just a thought ;)

If not, maybe try jsut going to Mexico...

Ankle weights, and maybe a couple gold bars in your pockets

Ankle weights, and maybe a couple gold bars in your pockets

OMG! That is a great idea! I don't know if you were serious but if I was 10 pounds away I'd strap those suckers on and no one would ever know the difference!!!

I was 8 pounds shy of being eligible. Ankle weights and flare legged jeans did the trick. Also I slumped a little when getting my height measured because the shorter you are the less you have to weigh and one inch makes a difference lol

It's so crappy that you have to meet a certain requirement... Considering you have to lose weight before you can actually have your surgery anyway! (Or at least that's one of my requirements). So frustrating. You pay so much for your insurance... And then have to jump through so many dang hoops...

Yes it is a pain no doubt! I had to stay on a 6 month "supervised" diet... which I intentionally avoided losing weight. It was a ton of hoops but my surgery cost my insurance company $42,000 and I only paid $375. For that.... I would have jumped through several more hoops. Lol

The reason for the BMI requirement has to do with the risks vs. benefits of surgery. At a BMI of 40, regardless of comorbidities, the benefit outweighs the risks of having surgery. Below a BMI of 40, this is not the case (according to current scientific literature) unless you have a comorbidity. Insurance companies, while I agree are evil in many ways, are not really saving money by denying the procedure. Those who are at high risk save the insurance company money down the road by having the surgery because they cost less with other health problems. I do clinical health research in academia so I am completely impartial to who benefits financially but I did do a substantial amount of background research on this for well over a year before having this surgery. With that said, there is still much to learn about the risks and benefits of having this surgery. None of us here know the long term outcomes of the sleeve and we are the cohort that will inform future generations of its pros and cons.

I am going to mexico! Lol. Ten pounds is no problem, I'll just tack them on before I go considering I'll be on vacation the week before. We all know you don't lose weight on vacation.