Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

(Former) Cereal junkies unite!

Ok so I am starting my 6th week and I have a ton of almond milk left over from my cream of wheat days. The nurses at my doctors office aren't awesome about answering the phone or calling you back. So has anyone tried a little bowl of Cereal yet? I know most cereal is junk but has anyone tried the kashi or Special K cereals with Protein in them?

I tried the Special K Protein and I honestly think a cardboard box would taste better. However my hubby liked it.

I'm not there yet but my nut said at 6 wks I could have Cheerios, rice crispy and or Special K cereals! I've had the Special K in the past and thought it was good.

I do enjoy a bowl of Special K Protein cereal every now and again! I like it with some cinnamon and a packet of sweetnlow on it! Otherwise it has a bland taste.

I tried Cheerios 1/2 cup and it has worked for me. I have them once every two weeks or so so not every day. I tried shredded wheat but did not agree with me.

Much better habits than the overflowing bowl of coco crispies every morning.

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

I tried Cheerios 1/2 cup and it has worked for me. I have them once every two weeks or so so not every day. I tried shredded wheat but did not agree with me.

Much better habits than the overflowing bowl of coco crispies every morning.

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

Cheerios sound great, I will have to try them soon. I agree about it being a much better habit than the coco crispies overflowing!

I like Special K Protein which was ok, and tried kashi and it was like eating a tree branch.

Hahaha awesome description. I tasted it and had to make sure I didn't eat part if the box.

I like the Special K Protein & some of the kashi flavors. I eat Kashi a few times a week cause it seems to keep me full the longest of any Breakfast type food. For me, I'm mindful of carbs but am not neurotic about them, but only do whole grains. I've lost 80 pounds at 6 months. I also eat one serving of fresh fruit a day, and have a 2nd snack of either cut up fresh tomatoes or a third of a red bell pepper every day, all,of which are carbs. I stick with hi nutrient value carbs, and for me, none of them have been a gateway. Plus, the Kashi, fruit & veggies help with the all important Fiber intake!

I like the Special K Protein & some of the kashi flavors. I eat Kashi a few times a week cause it seems to keep me full the longest of any Breakfast type food. For me' date=' I'm mindful of carbs but am not neurotic about them, but only do whole grains. I've lost 80 pounds at 6 months. I also eat one serving of fresh fruit a day, and have a 2nd snack of either cut up fresh tomatoes or a third of a red bell pepper every day, all,of which are carbs. I stick with hi nutrient value carbs, and for me, none of them have been a gateway. Plus, the Kashi, fruit & veggies help with the all important Fiber intake![/quote']

That is awesome! I think the way you are losing is a great healthy way. This is how I want to be, because if not then we could get into trouble later if we are terribly anti-carb.

Ok so I am starting my 6th week and I have a ton of almond milk left over from my cream of wheat days. The nurses at my doctors office aren't awesome about answering the phone or calling you back. So has anyone tried a little bowl of Cereal yet? I know most cereal is junk but has anyone tried the kashi or Special K cereals with Protein in them?

I'm on 5th wk. I eat special k high Protein. I'm a cereal junkie. So I just eat a little.