Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

<800cals a day - >6months out - what are you eating?

I see people all the time say they are eating about 800 calories per day AFTER 6 months. What's a typical day's food look like for you? I can't get under about 1100 calories and meet my Protein goal. What are you eating? Please answer if you are 6 months out or more.

I'm 6.5 months out and I'm pretty consistently between 1000-1200 cals per day. I feel much better when I'm not below 1000. I eat a lot of dairy, esp greek and regular yogurt, eggs, plus loads of different meat to get Protein in. Also beef Jerky is my weapon of choice when I'm low for the day. Good luck!

I stay between 600-800 calories by eating mostly lean Protein and less than 30 carbs. I eat 3 oz of fish or shrimp for Breakfast, snack on a slice of turkey, have scallops or tuna for lunch with 1/4 cup spinach or broccoli, have 7 or 8 almonds for afternoon snack, 2 oz steak for dinner with a veg side, and a low-sodium V-8, a few red grapes, or half a Protein Shake for bedtime snack. I usually get in between 70-85 gms of protein and around 685 or so calories. I don't eat Pasta, rice, potatoes, bread, junk food, fast food, or sweets unless it's a special occasion and those come around infrequently. I don't drink alcohol either. I am 56 and tired of being fat so I wanted to get to goal as quickly as possible and this way is working for me.

I am 6 1/2 months out and I eat around 800 calories per day, and get in my Protein. Here is what I eat in a normal day

Breakfast at 5:30 am

smoothie consiting of 25g Protein powder (Nectar's Fuzzy Navel or Vanilla), 1/3-1/2 frozen bannana and 6 frozen strawberries, mixed with Mylanta powder, benefiber powder, 1T of Flax oil and crushed ice and Water. I use my Magic Bullet. (210 callories, 24 1/2 g Pr, 26 g C 1g F)

snack at 10:00 am

Baby carrots or raw sugar snap peas or cherry tomatoes (40 cal for 10 grams C) or 1 baby bell cheese (56 cal 6 g Pr, 0 g C, 6 g F)

lunch at noon

tuna (one of those packages of white Tuna) mixed with 2 T of dill relish and 2 T of lite miracle whip (130 Cal 18 Pr, 4 C, 5 g F)

Either the carrots, snap peas or tomatoes (40 cal , 0 gr P, 10 g C, 0 g F)

Snack at 4 pm

1 baby bell cheese (56 cal 6 g Pr, 0 g C, 6 g F)

If I don't get in the snack at 4 and don't eat anything until driving home, I munch on a snack of beef Jerky (120 C 22 g P, 5 g C, 1.5 g F)

dinner around 7:30

3 oz broiled chicken or fish (163 c 25 g Pr, 7 g F)

or 3 oz beef or pork (max would probably be 223 cal 22 g p 15 F)

or 8 shrimp (boiled with the tails on) (40 cal 8 g P )

about 1/2 c cooked veggies (asparagras, squash, etc) (20 calories 5 g C)

Depending on which choice I make during the day - this can be from 700 - close to 900 calories. Depending on what Protein I eat at 4 or driving home, I select the protein choice I eat for dinner to get me to the total protein I want for the day. I try to hit around 800 calories and get my protein in.

I I choose a day where I eat Activia yourt for a snack, I back of on the veggies so I don't go crazy for the carbs that day.

I don't eat white carbs very often - and when I do it's a tablespoon of rice with my chinese food.

I am 6 1/2 months out and I eat around 800 calories per day, and get in my Protein. Here is what I eat in a normal day

Breakfast at 5:30 am

smoothie consiting of 25g Protein Powder (Nectar's Fuzzy Navel or Vanilla), 1/3-1/2 frozen bannana and 6 frozen strawberries, mixed with Mylanta powder, benefiber powder, 1T of Flax oil and crushed ice and Water. I use my Magic Bullet. (210 callories, 24 1/2 g Pr, 26 g C 1g F)

snack at 10:00 am

Baby carrots or raw sugar snap peas or cherry tomatoes (40 cal for 10 grams C) or 1 baby bell cheese (56 cal 6 g Pr, 0 g C, 6 g F)

lunch at noon

tuna (one of those packages of white Tuna) mixed with 2 T of dill relish and 2 T of lite miracle whip (130 Cal 18 Pr, 4 C, 5 g F)

Either the carrots, snap peas or tomatoes (40 cal , 0 gr P, 10 g C, 0 g F)

Snack at 4 pm

1 baby bell cheese (56 cal 6 g Pr, 0 g C, 6 g F)

If I don't get in the snack at 4 and don't eat anything until driving home, I munch on a snack of beef Jerky (120 C 22 g P, 5 g C, 1.5 g F)

dinner around 7:30

3 oz broiled chicken or fish (163 c 25 g Pr, 7 g F)

or 3 oz beef or pork (max would probably be 223 cal 22 g p 15 F)

or 8 shrimp (boiled with the tails on) (40 cal 8 g P )

about 1/2 c cooked veggies (asparagras, squash, etc) (20 calories 5 g C)

Depending on which choice I make during the day - this can be from 700 - close to 900 calories. Depending on what Protein I eat at 4 or driving home, I select the protein choice I eat for dinner to get me to the total protein I want for the day. I try to hit around 800 calories and get my protein in.

I I choose a day where I eat Activia yourt for a snack, I back of on the veggies so I don't go crazy for the carbs that day.

I don't eat white carbs very often - and when I do it's a tablespoon of rice with my chinese food.

Thank you for such a specific reply! I need specifics :)