Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food and Nutrition

This forum is for questions about food and nutrition before and after all types of weight loss surgeries. Check out the sub-forums to see if there is a more specific place for your post, to help people find information more easily.

Subforums

1. Pre-op Diets and Questions

This forum is for questions about the pre-op diets before all weight loss surgery types. This is not for recipes. Use the Recipe Sharing forum and sub-forums instead.

This forum is for questions about your post-op weight loss surgery diet. The post-op guidelines may vary by surgery and by surgeon. This is not for recipes. Use the Recipe Sharing forum and sub-forums instead.

This forum is for questions about protein shakes and powders, vitamins, and other supplements for weight loss surgery patients.

This is a place where the emphasis is on supporting vegetarian and/or vegan styles of eating in terms of bariatric surgery and nutrients. No meat vs. non meat bashing, trash talk or the like are allowed. All are welcome in support of getting in your healthy veggies and fruit. Please feel free to ask questions.

The sub-forums here are for sharing recipes. There are two different main sections: diet phase and special diet needs. Note that in most cases, a higher diet phase allows foods from lower phases (you can have a full liquid even if you are on solids), so put the recipe in the minimum phase where it can be eaten.

5,733 topics in this forum

1. Protein

• 5 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
  2. Nutrisystem post-op?

• 3 replies
  3. Food

• 4 replies
  4. salads

• 6 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 6 replies
  5. Food tracking

• 1 reply
    • 6 replies
    • 4 replies
  6. Carbs and fats

• 6 replies
  7. Yougart

• 2 replies
    • 2 replies
  8. Liquid ideas

• 4 replies
  9. Meal Kit Services

• 2 replies
  10. Bartric

• 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 9 replies
    • 3 replies
  11. What Are You Eating At 4-5 Weeks Post Op?

• 14 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 13 replies
  12. Tah-Ketos lol

• 2 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 0 replies
  13. Food makes me sick

• 1 reply
    • 17 replies
  14. Vegetarian.

• 6 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 8 replies
  15. Greek yogurt

• 9 replies
  16. Pre workout

• 1 reply
    • 1 reply
  17. Sweetner

• 4 replies
    • 8 replies
  18. Diet questions

• 4 replies
    • 841 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 3 replies
  19. LOVELY DESSERT

• 0 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 12 replies
  20. Food Scale

• 4 replies
  21. BariMelts

• 11 replies
  • Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Depressed lately...
      Losing very slowly because I'm not doing anything I'm supposed to be doing. No motivation to eat properly or go to gym. Scared....
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • stanley_imarc

IMARC Group’s report titled “Alternative Sweeteners Market Report by Product Type (High Fructose Syrup, High-Intensity Sweeteners, Low-Intensity Sweeteners), Source (Natural, Synthetic), Application (Food, Beverages, and Others), and Region 2024-2032”. The global alternative sweeteners market size reached US$ 4.9 Billion in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 7.0 Billion by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.05% during 2024-2032.
      Grab a sample PDF of this report: https://www.imarcgroup.com/alternative-sweeteners-market/requestsample
      Factors Affecting the Growth of the Alternative Sweeteners Industry:
      Health Consciousness: The increasing awareness among individuals about the health issues linked to high sugar consumption, such as obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases, is supporting the market growth. Consumers are becoming more health-conscious and seeking products that can provide sweetness without the negative health effects associated with sugar. This shift in consumer preferences is leading to a greater demand for low-calorie and natural sweeteners like stevia, monk fruit, and erythritol. These sweeteners offer the added benefit of having minimal impact on blood glucose levels, making them suitable for diabetic and health-conscious individuals.
      Technological Advancements: Innovations in the production and formulation of alternative sweeteners are impelling the market growth. Advancements in biotechnology and food science are leading to the development of high-intensity sweeteners with improved taste profiles and functional properties. Innovations in fermentation processes enhance the production efficiency and quality of natural sweeteners like stevia and monk fruit. These technological improvements are making alternative sweeteners more appealing to both manufacturers and consumers. Enhanced stability, solubility, and sweetness intensity allow these sweeteners to be used in a wide range of products, ranging from beverages to baked goods.
      Consumer Trends and Preferences: Evolving consumer trends and preferences are playing a significant role in driving the alternative sweeteners market. The growing demand for clean-label products, which are healthier and free from artificial ingredients, is offering a favorable market outlook. Consumers are increasingly seeking natural and plant-based sweeteners, aligning with broader trends toward plant-based diets and veganism. Besides this, there is an increase in the demand for low-calorie and sugar-free alternatives that support weight management and overall wellness. Food and beverage companies are responding to these trends by innovating and expanding their product lines to include options sweetened with alternative sweeteners, thereby catering to changing tastes and health concerns of modern consumers.
      Alternative Sweeteners Market Report Segmentation:
      By Product Type:
      High Fructose Syrup High-Intensity Sweeteners Low-Intensity Sweeteners High-intensity sweeteners represent the largest segment as they require only a fraction of the quantity to achieve the desired sweetness.
      By Source:
      Natural Synthetic On the basis of the source, the market has been bifurcated into natural and synthetic.
      By Application:
      Food Beverages Others Food accounts for the largest market share due to the rising utilization of sweeteners in a wide variety of food products.  
      Regional Insights:
      North America (United States, Canada) Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Others) Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, Others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Others) Middle East and Africa Asia Pacific region enjoys a leading position in the alternative sweeteners market on account of changing lifestyles of individuals.    
      Global Alternative Sweeteners Market Trends:
      Governing agencies and health organizations of several countries are implementing policies to reduce sugar consumption as they recognize its detrimental health impacts. Various regulatory bodies are approving alternative sweeteners for use, ensuring their safety and efficacy. These approvals provide food and beverage manufacturers with the confidence to incorporate alternative sweeteners into their products. Additionally, initiatives like sugar taxes in several countries are pushing companies to seek healthier alternatives to traditional sugar.   
      Furthermore, advancements in production techniques are making some alternative sweeteners more cost-competitive than traditional sugar. Consumers are becoming more concerned about the environmental impact of traditional sugar production and preferring more sustainable alternative sweeteners.
      Note: If you need specific information that is not currently within the scope of the report, we will provide it to you as a part of the customization.
      About Us
      IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
      IMARC Group’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
      Contact US
      IMARC Group
      134 N 4th St. Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
      Email: sales@imarcgroup.com
      Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
      United States: +1–631–791–1145 | United Kingdom: +44–753–713–2163

· 0 replies
    • Luis E. Lara

Hi everyone, I'm nerw here ☺️
      · 1 reply
      1. Alisa_S

Welcome!

I've been a member since 2008, but just now decided to go ahead with surgery. Barely getting started 😁

• Liz R

Trying to update my ticker - I'm down 100 pounds!! 
      · 1 reply
      1. Alisa_S

I don't know how to update the ticker, but CONGRATULATIONS!!!

• Alisa_S

I joined BariatricPal in 2008 & I FINALLY made the descision to have WLS!! I'm so excited & not sure what I need to do to get the ball rolling, but I made an appointment with my PCP for 7/19. It's a start I guess.
      · 0 replies
  • Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1,202 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    adriacosta81
    Newest Member
    adriacosta81

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news