Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Greek yogurt

Anyone out there with a Greek yogurt recipe that doesn't contain fruits? I am extremely picky and rely on certain foods for my Proteins. I usually blend frozen fruits with plain greek yogurt, but lately the fruits give me sugar spikes and makes me hungry. I hate the taste/ texture of yogurt. So I need a low carb replacement for my frozen fruits.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Ok, so here's what I do. :) And this is my new flavah fave these days!

Plain Nonfat Fage Greek + Orange Bitters + liquid vanilla Stevia (Vanilla flavored) + 14g frozen blueberries (or you can do Walden Farms Blueberry pancake Syrup OR you can add a small scoop of flavored Protein Powder or any of the fruit flavored Premier Protein drinks OR you can add about a 1/2 - 1 tsp of sf flavored Jello powder. :) But I'm SOOO digging on the orange bitters. They have other flavored bitters that are zero or close to it carbs. Oh and add some slivered almonds and hemp hearts and chia. DELISH!!!

Edited by FluffyChix

Ok, so here's what I do. [emoji4] And this is my new flavah fave these days!
Plain Nonfat Fage Greek + Orange Bitters + liquid vanilla Stevia (Vanilla flavored) + 14g frozen blueberries (or you can do Walden Farms Blueberry pancake Syrup OR you can add a small scoop of flavored Protein Powder or any of the fruit flavored Premier Protein drinks OR you can add about a 1/2 - 1 tsp of sf flavored Jello powder. [emoji4] But I'm SOOO digging on the orange bitters. They have other flavored bitters that are zero or close to it carbs. Oh and add some slivered almonds and hemp hearts and chia. DELISH!!!

Thanks will have to try some of these

So I put 4 oz plain greek yogurt, 1/3 packet SF strawberry Jello, and a couple of ice cubes into blender. Results deliciousness it tastes awesome! Thanks for the idea

This is what I do...I buy the plain greek yogurt. I take one cup of it, and mix a trial size bag of the Syntrax Nectar Protein powder in with it. It makes the yogurt have a nice fruity flavor without any added sugar, and 20 some extra grams of protein in addition to what's already in the yogurt. Yum!

8 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

lain Nonfat Fage Greek + Orange Bitters + liquid vanilla Stevia (Vanilla flavored) + 14g frozen blueberries (or you can do Walden Farms Blueberry pancake Syrup OR you can add a small scoop of flavored Protein Powder or any of the fruit flavored Premier Protein drinks OR you can add about a 1/2 - 1 tsp of sf flavored Jello powder. :) But I'm SOOO digging on the orange bitters. They have other flavored bitters that are zero or close to it carbs. Oh and add some slivered almonds and hemp hearts and chia. DELISH!!!

I wish i had the time FLuffy has to make this stuff! - Try adding ground up Peanut Butter nuts or seeds - I hate greek yogurt but can handle it with two scoops of peanut butter powder

Edited by AJ Tylo

4 hours ago, AJ Tylo said:

I wish i had the time FLuffy has to make this stuff! - Try adding ground up Peanut Butter nuts or seeds - I hate greek yogurt but can handle it with two scoops of Peanut Butter powder

Haha. Takes 2 minutes. :) Try the orange bitters and liquid stevia. So DANG good! :)

Where in the store would I find bitters? Thanks!

1 minute ago, Lynda486 said:

Where in the store would I find bitters? Thanks!

Liquor store. LOL. There are so many bitters! Read the back of the bottle to make sure no carbs. I got Fee Brothers Orange Bitters. I think they also make grapefruit, peach, and so many more. It's expensive for a bottle (around $10?) But you only use 1-2 dashes (about 1/4tsp or less) per time. And then you need liquid stevia drops. I like the vanilla ones. :) But chocolate would also be awesome! :)