Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yummy soups when on full liquids

This really isn't a recipe but it was good, thought I would share specially for those on full liquids.

Campbell's as a Thai Tomato coconut bisque but it's a little fattening but I love Thai flavors and really wanted to try it so I bought a regular tomato Soup and cut down the Thai one by mixing about 50/50 with reg tomato and it was really delicious filled with plenty of the good Thai flavor and cut down the cals and fat.

Also Target carries an organic roasted red pepper Tomato Soup that only has 110 cals and 2 grams of fat and is also crazy good!

Trader Joes has really good cartons of healthy organic cream Soups. Luv the Tomato basil one! When I was on the liquid diet for 4 weeks in 2009 after lapband surgery, I ate the same thing every single day (1 can of Campbells Tomato Soup (broken up into 4 meals),a couple containers of Jello, a few cups of chicken broth, and a few popsicles). I couldn't look at tomato Soup for at least a year.

Now that I' looking forward to (NOT!) another 4 weeks on liquids (revision to sleeve coming up), I've found more yummy Soups that I plan on enjoying. I'm sure I'll be sick of them soon enuf tho!

Thai tomato sound good. Right now I'm into Progresso Creamy Tomato Basil. Yummy and 140 cals per 8 oz!

Trader Joes has really good cartons of healthy organic cream Soups. Luv the Tomato basil one! When I was on the liquid diet for 4 weeks in 2009 after lapband surgery, I ate the same thing every single day (1 can of Campbells Tomato Soup (broken up into 4 meals),a couple containers of Jello, a few cups of chicken broth, and a few popsicles). I couldn't look at tomato Soup for at least a year.

Now that I' looking forward to (NOT!) another 4 weeks on liquids (revision to sleeve coming up), I've found more yummy soups that I plan on enjoying. I'm sure I'll be sick of them soon enuf tho!

Thai tomato sound good. Right now I'm into Progresso Creamy Tomato Basil. Yummy and 140 cals per 8 oz!

I don't ave a trader joes in south Florida but I do enjoy some of the box varieties at target! I love tomato basil as well. I don't enjoy plain tomato soup too much but the kicked up varieties I love. I a, going to whole foods tomorrow and will check their selection as well! I also enjoy butternut squash soup but am not a lover of cream soups. I think you will find better options this time around!

I went to Whole Foods 2 nights ago for dinner off their hot bar. I mixed 4 of their different Soup broths together to make a yummy Tomato beef stew vegetable bean thing that was to die for! Yep, I just took the time to take only the broth off these Soups. It was so worth it!

I went to Whole Foods 2 nights ago for dinner off their hot bar. I mixed 4 of their different Soup broths together to make a yummy Tomato beef stew vegetable bean thing that was to die for! Yep, I just took the time to take only the broth off these Soups. It was so worth it!

That's a great idea! Might have to do that too

These all sound great!!! Going to target ASAP!

Get the roasted red pepper Tomato from target- its a large box Soup and is organic. It's so good. The Thai tomato is by Campbell and its in a box too! Enjoy

Get the roasted red pepper Tomato from target- its a large box Soup and is organic. It's so good. The Thai tomato is by Campbell and its in a box too! Enjoy

I didn't make it to target today. How are the calories and carbs with the Soups? I mean we eat so little with the liquid diet already, would it even matter? Also, what's your serving size from the box or say a can? Can you eat a whole can?

I didn't make it to target today. How are the calories and carbs with the Soups? I mean we eat so little with the liquid diet already, would it even matter? Also, what's your serving size from the box or say a can? Can you eat a whole can?

I personally dislike canned Soup so I stick to the boxes (I taste the metal in canned). The calories in the roasted red pepper Tomato is 110, 2 grams of fat and 16 carbs and 5 Protein which is way better than Campbell regular Tomato Soup (at 22 carbs!). I seem to have more capacity than others and can eat a full serving (8 oz) or close to it but considering what I sed to eat and given my total calories for the day are 800, I don't worry too much about the soups.

Let me know how you like it or what soups you find. I am in mushy stage but am also eating fish (chew really well) but still love soup for dinner.

I made Ina Garten's roasted Tomato basil Soup with out the fat. Also a black bean soup from epicurous, puréed to death. Both strained through a fine sieve. I'm hoping to enjoy post op.

These do not work for preop diet.

You can make your own Bone Broth for your preop. Tons of recipes on google.

I am currently 3 weeks post op of getting the lap band. So i am of course on Full liquids only i'm trying my best to switch up a bit with the cream Soups. Did anybody else do Tomato Bisque or Roasted tomato Soup? Is it okay I'm really getting tired of Cream of chicken lol

1 hour ago, Sward06 said:

I am currently 3 weeks post op of getting the lap band. So i am of course on Full liquids only i'm trying my best to switch up a bit with the cream Soups. Did anybody else do Tomato Bisque or Roasted tomato Soup? Is it okay I'm really getting tired of Cream of chicken lol

I've been getting whatever flavor Soup I want and just putting it through a fine sieve. My favorite right now is vegetable beef! It makes for a lot more variety. Also some bone broths are pretty good. Kettle & Fire is pricey but I like their Thai flavors.