Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric Sleeve Surgery Forums

In a gastric sleeve surgery or vertical sleeve gastrectomy (VSG), the surgeon removes most of your stomach and forms the rest into a tube-shaped sleeve from your throat to your small intestine. These forums are for sleevers, potential sleevers and revisional sleevers! Talk about the VSG diet, nutritional supplements, weight loss and sleeve complications.

37,705 topics in this forum

• 10 replies
  1. Insomnia

• 8 replies
  2. Where is Hope?

• 4 replies
  3. Long term data??

• 5 replies
  4. Respect the tummy!

• 2 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 12 replies
  5. Today's the day!

• 11 replies
  6. What do I say??!?

• 13 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 17 replies
  7. Xmas pics

• 2 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 16 replies
  8. New Year's Resolutions?

• 17 replies
  9. Boughie Size?

• 2 replies
    • 7 replies
  10. I'm scared

• 7 replies
  11. Merry Christmas

• 3 replies
  12. Thinking DS

• 4 replies
  13. Houston area sleevers?

• 12 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 5 replies
  14. What can you eat 1 week post op?

• 5 replies
    • 32 replies
    • 58 replies
    • 2 replies
  15. Very Sad, Please Read

• 30 replies
  16. Two-week Stall?

• 11 replies
  17. Sleeve 99.9% sure.

• 2 replies
  18. 1 week post op question

• 21 replies
  19. Relationships???

• 6 replies
  20. The Perfect Storm

• 9 replies
  21. Looking for a buddy!

• 2 replies
  22. I am in the hosptial

• 55 replies
  23. Wonderful site for Gastric Sleeve

• 27 replies
    • 3 replies
  24. 100+ Club

• 14 replies
    • 50 replies
    • 15 replies
  25. How much is too much??

• 3 replies
  26. Finally home

• 8 replies
    • 29 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 2 replies
  27. Thanksgiving

• 3 replies
  28. Massages

• 4 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 9 replies
  29. My surgery in Mexico

• 11 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Most popular:

• Recent Status Updates

• MrsGamgee

Well, long time no see. 
      It's been a rough couple of weeks. I should have been expecting the other shoe to drop after having it so easy for the first three weeks post op. I was getting my water and protein easily, had no pain, nausea, or vomiting.
      But as soon as the soft foods really started in earnest I started having problems. Pain, foamies, slimeys, vomiting galore. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it. Something that I ate easily yesterday causes pain and vomiting after the first bite today. Sometimes it's my pills, other times they go down easy. I just don't get it. 
      I'm trying to stay positive. I know this is a season in my life, and things will eventually even out. I'm just so tired of being afraid to eat, not knowing what kind of response my body will have. I'm mostly hitting my protein target, thanks in large part to protein shakes (which I hate, but look at as medicine). I missed my water targets by a lot over the weekend, due mostly to feeling awful, which I know is a terrible cycle... throw up, don't feel like drinking anything, get dehydrated, get constipated, feel like crap, repeat. 
      The three-week stall is also still here. I thought I had busted through it, but I've been bouncing between 216-219 for the last two and a half weeks, which is a contributing factor to my mood and frustration level. And add in wee-lings who are going crazy with end of the school year insanity, friends with busy schedules who I haven't been able to see in weeks, and I'm an unhappy girl. 
      Things will turn around. I know they will. Just not feeling it at this moment. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • dmadms  »  ARMoma45

I saw the post where you were denied the first time because you lost to much weight.  How much did you lose?  I lost 1 # my 2nd month and 6# my third month and scared to death I have screwed up.  

Thanks
      Dana
      · 1 reply
      1. ARMoma45

I lost 11% of my body weight and they wanted me to fail to lose 10%. I even called the insurance company and asked them to clarify because the wording was confusing. I didn't know if they wanted me to lose the 10% or fail to lose the 10%. I was told to lose 10% so I did and apparently the person that I spoke to wasn't correct. But also this was in December and my company was scheduled to change to a different division of BCBS after the first of the year. So that probably played more into the denial than anything.

I continued my monthly visits and they clearly showed that I plateaued about month 5/6 and began to regain. I originally lost from 333 to 298 and regained back up to 330 but have now lost back down to 318.

• allwet

· 1 reply
      1. Orchids&Dragons

As a tea-a-holic, I'm happy to hear this. Thanks!

• JamesL73

One week post-revision, down 5 lbs since surgery day.....which puts me back under 300. VICTORY!!! Still a ways to go but I'll take every little win I can get. Feeling great other than minor abdominal discomfort.
      · 1 reply
      1. ARMoma45

That's awesome....keep up the great work :)

• danieocean

I am officially under my ultimate goal weight...holy cow! Just wanted to share an update on my progress. I didn't take a whole lot of progress pics. The before is the oldest one I have and its 2.5 months post op and the right photo is of me today! Thrilled with my progress. Hoping everyone is happy, healthy and doing great!

· 5 replies
      1. ms.sss

you look great!

2. danieocean

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I can't believe it happened so fast. 8 months have really flown by!!!

3. GreenTealael

🙌 Looking GREAT 🙌

4. oldbriannomore

looking phenominal! congrats!

5. Orchids&Dragons

Congrats! You look fantastic!

• Trending Topics

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs