Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 Years Out W/ Band...now Looking At Gastric Sleeve

Geez, so comforting to come to a place where there is commonality. I read your post and was like, omg, it is so my story too. I am waiting for my insurance approval. All of the Fluid is out of my band and my weight is increasing by what feels like the hour. I try, I try and I try. My surgeon's office submitted the paperwork in a timely manner however when the insurance company requested additional information, it was like my file went under the "do not touch list." I call respectfully every so many days bouncing from insurance company to doctor's office. It is so frustrating to feel like my life is on hold. I go on this site and it is comforting to read the various posts yet I feel like will I have the opportunity for the sleeve. I mean, there is no guarantee the insurance company will approve me......I just feel they should and they will. I am eating better and trying to exercise because regardless of approval or not, I have to do that anyway. Sighing as I wait. Sighing as I look at me slimmer, better, happier but waiting on someone to write "approved." So thankful to read people like yourself and the others on this site that knows exactly how I feel. Comforting.

Keep a positive outlook...I know how frustrating the wait can be. Oddly enough, when I got home last night, after having written this post, there was the pre approval letter from my insurance company sitting on the table. I had to read it at least 5 times to understand what they were telling me. They are approving the sleeve but denying the removal of the band...BUT then in typical insurance double talk state that it is a matter of "coding' and that dependent upon how the surgeon writes up the procedure, which obviously removing the band is a necessary part of getting the sleeve. So go figure.

Hang in there. Keep doing what you are doing - which is way better than me. Once my doctor removed all the restriction from the band it was almost like a freedom feeling - the freedom to swallow food without fear of throwing up or having to walk around feeling like something was stuck allowed me to lose sight of staying on track.

Fingers crossed you receive the green light soon!!