Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, as much as it scard me I am done and home! It hurts a lot worse than I thought it would; Maybe because of the hernia repair. My drain is annoying but will only be in for a week. I had morphine after surgery and it did nothing at all so it was 16 hours of hell before they realized to switch me to dilodid which worked like a charm. I am now on the liquid lortab. I am going to open a new thread about it I think because everyone needs to be prepared for the night terrors from this medication! I woke up in the middle of the night sweating and seeing double and halucinating for about 2 minutes! After that I realized when it was happening so it didn't freak me out. The first one I was having tunnel vision and no lie it looked like the "tunnel" because thats what I was terrified of. So now I am just concentrating on healing and sipping almost non stop.

OMG!!!! That's terrible. I'm glad to see your doing better. Sip sip sip!!!

Wow! I'm sorry for that bad experience you had, right after surgery they had this pain medication attached to my IV and they said when I feel pain press the button and it will release the medication but when I did I had the worse dry heaves I have ever had and when you have just had surgery on the stomach that is dry heaving, Blahh I thought the rest of my stomach would come through my mouth, but I don't think that is as bad as night terrors, that would freak me out, and after they put me on percocet and that worked great! On the bright side in a couple of weeks when you see that weight start coming off you will find how some of that pain was worth it. I kinda look at it as labor, when the baby is out you forget all about the pain and look at the achievement you have made.

Best of Wishes and I hope you healing will be smooth sailing for now on! Welcome to the Losers Bench :D

Yes I am glad you are better. I can not imagine the ordeal with the pain meds. I thank God the pain meds did good for me. The pca pump was amazing. I did not have any vomiting or night terrors. It is a different experience for everyone. Hopefully your will be improving every day from now on.

A lot of people have a pain pump. None of the surgeons here do that...i wonder why. Yeah the night terror's sucked but i will say my dreams are really vivid noe the difference is some of them r just plain cool

I am going on 4 days post-op. I got one of those pain-pump balls and it is great. The only thing I had that resembled pain was gas. I had a little IV pain med the first 24 hours, but it really wasn't necessary. Then again pain perception is really personal. Your mileage will vary.

But the pain ball Rocks!

Sent from my iPad using VST

I had a Qball pump too, but I still needed a pca pump to control the pain, They removed the Qball before I want home.

just had my one week post op and the drain is out! Now I am home and resting with some pain meds and i think i am going to sleep most of the day. The trip to the doc wore me out! I had to travel an hour to the hospital, then walk for ten minutes to get to the surgeons office, had my appointment, walked all the way back to the car, stopped at the bank, stopped at my pcp office to pick up a script, run to the pharmacy and now home. I feel like I ran a marathon!