Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Western Ne/ Eastern Co

Anybody out there. Im about 3 1/2 hrs from denver. Feeling kinda alone out here on the plains. : ) lookin for support buddies. I have 2/6 months left for insurance prereqs. And then hopefully end of september early october i will be a brand new sleever. Im 23 5'7 295. Very excited. Cant quit thinkin about it.

Hello! I'm in downtown Denver and would love to be your buddy haha. Trust me I didn't know how bad I wanted someone else who had gone thru this until I went to pay for my surgery and the accounting lady told me she had had it done! It was like she was exactly what I needed. She got me so excited just by the fact that we could chat openly and not be embarrassed. And then again when I found this site, no one truly understands unless they are going thru it or have gone thru it. Everyone is unique but we also need to relate to someone. So guess what - you have a new friend!!

Oh btw I'm Nikki, I am 1 week post op!

Looking forward to getting to know you. :-)

Hows life been in ur first week? A friend of mine had hers done on June 19 and is already down over 30 lbs. So i have a couple of people locally as well as our local weight loss surgery support group which consits of 8-10 people but oddly enough alot of them are male. Im pretty open about my weight with family and close friends but the embarressment is still there with strangers. I cant wait to change my life and be able to wear normal clothes like all the other ppl my age.

Btw im kendra :)

Hi Kendra,

Nice to meet you. My First week has been a roller coaster. Initially I was shocked how easy things were, very little pain, didn't feel full, was hungry all the time but couldn't consume large amounts in one sitting. To be honest I was aggravated, I want the feeling of full, no longer able to eat, I even want the dumping syndrome because to me that would make me obey my body and forgo over eating. So what did I do... Cheated. Started with some saltines then went to blending stew so I felt fuller. I was frustrated and hungry. So then I spoke to my doctor and he graduated me to puréed foods. So I pushed that, ate black Beans, ground taco meat and a tortilla. The next morning I felt stretched and tired. Slept most the day and then ventured out, I threw up but very little - this I chalked up to the fact that I get motion sickness very easily and just needed to relieve that feeling and minimal Water in my stomach. But then I cracked, I needed potatos, so I went to a deli and got a loaded baked potato with broccoli Soup on top. Justified this by blending 2 large scoops with milk and making it mush. So Sunday I woke up very unhappy. My drain was painful, my stomach was hard, sensitive to touch, my chest hurt, I was still hungry but not happy. Several calls to my doctor, him reassuring me I was fine, I was starting to feel pain. Yet, I was still eating soft foods, not even puréed. I was pushing myself, and for what to feel full? For a craving? So dinner came and I ordered Thai food (really!!) and literally 2 bites in I started crying and realized I am risking my life, not only because I could hurt my new sleeve but also because I just spent $20k and am disregarding it like the surgery never happened. I vowed then and there to go back to liquid diet and follow my diet starting immediately.

(Hun, pain killers are kicking in, I'll finish my last 24 hours in another post) :-)

Hi Kendra,

Nice to meet you. My First week has been a roller coaster. Initially I was shocked how easy things were, very little pain, didn't feel full, was hungry all the time but couldn't consume large amounts in one sitting. To be honest I was aggravated, I want the feeling of full, no longer able to eat, I even want the dumping syndrome because to me that would make me obey my body and forgo over eating. So what did I do... Cheated. Started with some saltines then went to blending stew so I felt fuller. I was frustrated and hungry. So then I spoke to my doctor and he graduated me to puréed foods. So I pushed that, ate black Beans, ground taco meat and a tortilla. The next morning I felt stretched and tired. Slept most the day and then ventured out, I threw up but very little - this I chalked up to the fact that I get motion sickness very easily and just needed to relieve that feeling and minimal Water in my stomach. But then I cracked, I needed potatos, so I went to a deli and got a loaded baked potato with broccoli Soup on top. Justified this by blending 2 large scoops with milk and making it mush. So Sunday I woke up very unhappy. My drain was painful, my stomach was hard, sensitive to touch, my chest hurt, I was still hungry but not happy. Several calls to my doctor, him reassuring me I was fine, I was starting to feel pain. Yet, I was still eating soft foods, not even puréed. I was pushing myself, and for what to feel full? For a craving? So dinner came and I ordered Thai food (really!!) and literally 2 bites in I started crying and realized I am risking my life, not only because I could hurt my new sleeve but also because I just spent $20k and am disregarding it like the surgery never happened. I vowed then and there to go back to liquid diet and follow my diet starting immediately.

(Hun, pain killers are kicking in, I'll finish my last 24 hours in another post) :-)

I know how that feels i just had acl/miniscus surgery and when my pain killers kick in i dont want to do much of anything. Lol