Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters 2009

I had my first experience being "stuck" today. I swallowed a piece of chicken, must not have chewed well enough and it was a little dry....it got stuck and I had a hell of a time. It was honestly one of the worst feelings ever. I tried to drink some Water to get it down and the water came right back up...."sliming" I think it's called. A word to the wise. Chew well and eat slow!!!

I had my surgery dec 28th and am on the liquid diet still. I hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be but I do get hungry. I get full after about a cup or so of liquid which a big change for me. I will be anxious to see how I feel after my first fell in Feb. Don't get frustrated, the pounds will come off in time. It didn't come on overnight and they same for losing it. :tt1: I have lost a total of 13 lbs since my surgery and 22 lbs since start of the pre-op diet. I am very excited to know that I will not be this chunky girl forever. Very happy with the results so far.

Hi Im Ms diva I was just banded Dec 22 I could sure use some newly banded friends to help me stay on the right track how do I join this forum. Im new at this

Hi Diva welcome, how's your progress?

Just wondering how all the december delights are doing and who has had their first fill????

It hasn't even been a month since your surgery. You are supposed to lose 1-2 pounds a week. If you have lost 10 pounds, you are ahead of schedule :eek: 10 pounds is a LOT. I know it doesn't seem like it when you have a lot to lose but go look at a bag of potatoes and imagine how big that would be attached to your body. 10 pounds is a great loss!

I had my surgery on Nov 31. I have started eating food and while I haven't had much of a problem keeping food down, I do feel full faster but feel like I could eat anything without a problem. Carbonation made my tummy burn. I also notice that some foods feel like glue in my mouth and don't break down (some breads). When I feel it, I just spit it out, rather than risk a PB or a STICK. I have gotten stuck twice, both were times that I probably didn't chew well and the food was either too dry or too doughy.

What I have noticed most since being banded is a freedom from my weight obsession. I don't beat myself up for being hungry anymore. And when I start to hate on myself for being fat, I remind myself that I have a LAP-BAND® now and I AM losing weight and the thought disappears so I can go on with my business.

I have lost about 15 pounds to date. I am losing about 2 pounds a week. My biggest hint to all of you is to stay off the scale! It will only freak you out. I have been visiting a friend for the past couple of weeks and she had a scale. I couldn't stay away from it and I let what it said determine my entire day. It's silly. I happen to be one of those people who won't show a loss for long time and then lose several pounds at once. This is why I can't keep a scale at my house. Look and listen to your body instead. It is something we all have to learn anyway.

I go for my first fill next wednesday... I am still losing and will be starting an exercise program when my surgean oks it on wednesday... I also am hungry but expected it... I have started to make vegtable juice for my Snacks to up my fruits and vegtables and try to keep my Protein up... My hubby bought me the juicer for christmas... I love it... I have been experimenting with it... Fun stuff.. and it is not so bad to clean up.....

We are all doing awesome the first 6 weeks were for healing not for losing.. After the first fill I will be gunho again and back to losing more steady..

Keep you chin up if you girls posted before are frustrated...

:tt1:

I had lot's of female problems growing up,...I was on lot's of med's for diabetes, choles, blood presure...I needed to take on a new healthy path so I did it....Glad I did so far...Smooches

Hey,

Don't feel so bad about the scars. There are lots of creams available now to help with that. My son was hit by a car and got burned really bad in the fac and legs by the exhaust pipes. I thought he would be scarred for life. I mixed up a cream with pure Vitamin E oil, coco butter and shea butter and let me tell ya, it took some diligence in applying it but you would never know he was scarred. His face is all cleared up now. I don't remember how long it took but just stay diligent and you will definitely notice the difference.

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to share that I found a new substitute for grits. I really like grits, especially with liver and onions (I'm from the south). Anyway, we all know that grits add hips. High in calories. WEll, the Italian dish, Polenta, is alot like grits and only 70 cal per serving. I can only eat 1/2 serving though because a full serving is a lot. I smothered some calves liver tonight with lots of onions and I had just a small piece of the liver (PROTEIN) and the onion gravy with the polenta and it was delicious. Kept me satisfied for over 4hrs too! Now that's a meal!:tt1:

Hey,

Don't feel so bad about the scars. There are lots of creams available now to help with that. My son was hit by a car and got burned really bad in the fac and legs by the exhaust pipes. I thought he would be scarred for life. I mixed up a cream with pure Vitamin E oil, coco butter and shea butter and let me tell ya, it took some diligence in applying it but you would never know he was scarred. His face is all cleared up now. I don't remember how long it took but just stay diligent and you will definitely notice the difference.

Speaking of scars....when can we start applying creams to them? And does anyone know of a good cream to use? Just thinking about that lately.

Dont fret! My Doctor said that restriction wont happen until 2nd or 3rd fill. Fortunantly my doctor is agressive and I just had my first fill. (Banded Dec 10th, 1st fill Jan 5th), but I can still eat anything and as much as I want.I havent lost any weight yet. My lovely husband got me a icecream maker for christmas. I think he wants to keep me fat!

I get my first fill next Wednesday the 20th - woohoo

Speaking of scars....when can we start applying creams to them? And does anyone know of a good cream to use? Just thinking about that lately.

My son came home from college with a friend in tow, a little dog he rescued from a puppy mill. He could not keep her at college, but knew where two suckers lived (mom & dad)! This poor little dog had been abused, including being burnt along her back. The vet recommended rubbing human scar cream into her hairless back, but said Sassy's hair may never grow back. I rubbed the cream in twice a day and in two weeks Sassy's scars looked better and we could see tiny hairs coming thru. Today you would never know she had such a horrible back. The cream I used is call 'Scar Zone', which I found in the pharmacy dept at the supermarket.

So, I highly recommend this cream, but also hope it does not produce hairy bellies!!!!!:smile2:

Went for my first fill today and they said they couldn't do it, have to much heartburn. They still gave me a Novacaine and inserted the syringe into the Port to make sure it was empty. It was, so tomorrow have to have the Upper GI test. Worst case scenario the band has slipped and will have to repeat the surgery. Oh please no. Terri

Oh, Terriamn, I certainly hope you don't have to redo the surgery, once was enough. Please keep us posted and good luck!

Went for my first fill today and they said they couldn't do it, have to much heartburn. They still gave me a Novacaine and inserted the syringe into the Port to make sure it was empty. It was, so tomorrow have to have the Upper GI test. Worst case scenario the band has slipped and will have to repeat the surgery. Oh please no. Terri

Wow keep us updated with that... Praying everything works out for you....