Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters 2009

I was banded Dec. 16 and I've lost 24 pounds so far. Getting the lapband was the best thing that I've ever done. I feel so much better and have more energy. Best wishes and much success to you during your journey.

Banded on 12/15/09. Lost 25 so far. I am disappointed with the fills and feel far from the proverbial "green zone." They squirt in about 1cc at any given fill up stop and I feel like I couldn't even swallow a shot glass of Water. Then by 3 days at the most, everything slides on down. I've had 3 fills so maybe I am expecting too much too soon and the doc is just being careful. I feel like I am doing this on my own without benefit of the working band and pouch. Any thoughts and experiences out there on this?

I had my surgery on December 7th, 2009. On November 9th I started my pre-op diet all together I have lost 39.5 lbs., three clothing size and around 7 points off my BMI. I had my first fill on Feb. 9th he put in 4cc and I'm on Clear Liquids for the next 72 hours. Would not change a thing best thing I have ever done for myself. Just make sure that you do what your doctor tells you to do. Good luck it is wonderful to lose the weight.:rolleyes2: Not sure how to update the tickerfactory.com

Edited by lackey4

I was scheduled for December 22, 2009 and I chickened out. I am rescheduled for next Tuesday, February 16, 2010. I want to know how much all you December Bandsters have lost???

I've lost 30lbs so far and haven't had a fill. I go in Friday Feb 12th for the first one. I haven't lost any in quite a while but have maintained the 30lb loss for 3 weeks. Really looking forward to the first fill. The Doc said he will try for 5cc the first fill - in a 10cc band.

Good luck to you. :rolleyes2: It will work.

I think it's a great move as nothing else was working for me.

The quote below was from a success story I read on LAP-BAND®.com from a guy who had lost over 100lbs and I think it's something we all can strive for.

I was banded 12/22/09 and when I went to my PCP on Monday I was down 14lbs since surgery. 5 lbs of that was in the previous 2 weeks since my first fill. My advice to you is to expect the unexpected and don't compare your weight loss to anyone else's. I did and got myself really down because of it. You have to realize that everyone is different and will lose weight at different rates even if they eat the same thing, excercise, the same, and/or have the same amount of Fluid in their band. I will even gain/lose up to 3lbs in a single day, which has prompted me to weigh myself only once a week (I try to anyway, lol) because that alone was driving me nuts! Best of luck!

I was banded on 12/4 and have lost 26 pounds so far. Clothes are loose and my body seems to be rearrangi9ng itself. I've only had one fill (3 ccs) and am looking forward to my next one, since I only feel restriction with certain foods (i.e., tuna and chicken). On Tuesday, I had an umbilical hernia repaired, which is really hurting now, worse than the lap-band surgery did. I need to wait til I'm healed from that before I get another fill.

Banded on 12/15/09. Lost 25 so far. I am disappointed with the fills and feel far from the proverbial "green zone." They squirt in about 1cc at any given fill up stop and I feel like I couldn't even swallow a shot glass of Water. Then by 3 days at the most, everything slides on down. I've had 3 fills so maybe I am expecting too much too soon and the doc is just being careful. I feel like I am doing this on my own without benefit of the working band and pouch. Any thoughts and experiences out there on this?

Sluggo, You can ask for an aggresive fill. This is where you kind of set the limit (within reason). I asked last Monday and was given what I asked for. I'm now at 5ccs in a 10 band. I have some restriction now but am still not at my sweet spot. Hang in there and ask them to, "filler' up" :scared2: You will know when the band begins to work. Best wishes!!!

I've lost 30lbs so far and haven't had a fill. I go in Friday Feb 12th for the first one. I haven't lost any in quite a while but have maintained the 30lb loss for 3 weeks. Really looking forward to the first fill. The Doc said he will try for 5cc the first fill - in a 10cc band.

Good luck to you. :angry: It will work.

I think it's a great move as nothing else was working for me.

The quote below was from a success story I read on LAP-BAND®.com from a guy who had lost over 100lbs and I think it's something we all can strive for.

I was banded 12/28/09 and have lost 34lbs so far. I have my first fill March 3rd and I am getting anxious. I was nervous at first as well but it has been the best decision I have ever made. I am starting to feel normal again. I still have a ways to go but an loving this band. There are things you have to do to re-adjust your eating habits but something needed to be changed because what I was doing wasn't working. The changes are things I can live with so it isn't that bad. You will do fine and get through it wonderfully. You will lose I am certain. I am excited to see how the weight will come off after my first fill. :hurray: Good Luck to you!

Fellow December 2009 bandster here. I was banded on 12/30/2009. I lost 16 pounds before the band and have only lost 16 pounds since the band. I just had my 2nd fill on Monday. Hopefully I will start losing more now. I definitely don't feel like I am in the "green zone." I battle with the same pound all week long. I gain a little bit, lose a little bit etc until that pound finally goes away. Then on to the next. I know they said to expect to lose 1-2 pounds a week to be healthy, but I really wish I was more towards the 2 pounds a week end! But, I feel much better now than I did 32 pounds ago that is for sure!!

Fellow December 2009 bandster here. I was banded on 12/30/2009. I lost 16 pounds before the band and have only lost 16 pounds since the band. I just had my 2nd fill on Monday. Hopefully I will start losing more now. I definitely don't feel like I am in the "green zone." I battle with the same pound all week long. I gain a little bit, lose a little bit etc until that pound finally goes away. Then on to the next. I know they said to expect to lose 1-2 pounds a week to be healthy, but I really wish I was more towards the 2 pounds a week end! But, I feel much better now than I did 32 pounds ago that is for sure!!

I know how you feel. I just got my 3rd fill on monday and still don't feel restriction. I haven't lost any weight since the middle of January. My doc said it could take 5-6 fills for me to get to that sweet spot. How frustrating huh? Hang in there...we'll get there one day!

I know how you feel. I just got my 3rd fill on monday and still don't feel restriction. I haven't lost any weight since the middle of January. My doc said it could take 5-6 fills for me to get to that sweet spot. How frustrating huh? Hang in there...we'll get there one day!

I, too, know how it goes...I have gained 3 pounds, which I am TOTALLY pissed off at myself. It's because I feel like I'm able to eat more than I should, and I think I'm (secretly) trying to force the food down...like reverting back to my old habits. I don't want to have this depressed, dissapointed feeling anymore. I am going for a fill in April and I've decided to jumpstart things again by doing liquids, softs, etc...like before surgery. Do any of you feel like this is a good idea and it will work? Thanks for your help...this forum is a true support system for me. (Which, I have neglected for a few weeks...I also think it contributes to my insane acts of not getting back on track.):thumbup:

I too am a slow loser - 18 lbs since being banded and like you I play with that same pound all week. Don't loose hope, it will happen for us, it may just take a few months longer. I have decided to accept a-pound-a-week lost as being OK and try not to get frustrated over it (hard to do I know). I go for my third fill this morning, so just hope to move closer to that elusive sweet spot.

Hang in there - your not alone:rolleyes2::thumbup::rolleyes2::):rolleyes2:

Well I'm glad you're here and posting! It's a good way (for me) to keep the focus. And when I'm not focused, I'm dangerous to myself! 32 pounds is nothing to sneeze at! Congratulations!

I just wish I was at the sweet spot already. I only got 2 fills included with the cost. I already had to pay for my band completely out of pocket because my insurance didn't cover it at all. From now on, any adjustment will cost $200 each. I really hope it doesn't take too many more fills before I reach the right fill level.

Thank you all for responding. I already feel somewhat better knowing there are others out there that are having the same struggles. Go bandsters!

My surgery was 12/19/2009. Since the day of surgery (13.5 weeks ago) I have lost 24.5 lbs. Most of it right after surgery. For seven weeks, I did not lose a pound. I just went up and down between 1 and 5 pounds. Last Friday, I had my 3rd fill and I have finally started losing a little. 3 lbs since Friday. But I know that this is not the green zone. I have another fill on April 2nd and hopefully that will give me restriction.

I still dont regret having the surgery. I have just realized that it is not going to be as easy as I thought it would.

Ive been documenting my journey on youtube if anyone wants to watch.

YouTube - ccee30's Channel