Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters 2009

Missy - thank you! I needed to hear that!

You are welcome, Tracy. Have a good day!

My latest victory...I have finally gone down 10 BMI points!!! Next goal is to just be obese!

Where is everyone? It's been slow but I am finally at 30 pounds lost. I knew with a low BMI I would slower but I can't wait to hit 50 pounds.

It took me four months to have REAL restriction so now that I have it maybe it will come off faster.

Good luck everyone.

Im here! I'm at 43 1/2 pounds lost. It seems to be coming off faster now.

Im still here too .. I'm at 100 lbs now !

I'm still here.. Lost 60 pounds, but I just found out I am pregnant, so my weight loss will be at a stand still until Feb 2011..darn it.. I was doing soo well.

My surgery was 12/19/2009. Since the day of surgery (13.5 weeks ago) I have lost 24.5 lbs. Most of it right after surgery. For seven weeks, I did not lose a pound. I just went up and down between 1 and 5 pounds. Last Friday, I had my 3rd fill and I have finally started losing a little. 3 lbs since Friday. But I know that this is not the green zone. I have another fill on April 2nd and hopefully that will give me restriction.

I still dont regret having the surgery. I have just realized that it is not going to be as easy as I thought.

Ive been documenting my journey on youtube if anyone wants to watch.

YouTube - ccee30's Channel

Hey :Jim here. sugery Dec. 2 in Mexico. 11 cc band-- first fill-- mexico---2CC.Second fill to 3 CC[-10 lbs.]--- last fill---- May 21 to 4.5 CC I have lost 33 lbs. since the start of the journey and I am ecstatic. I wanted the band to do the work which is the wrong concept. We work together! I am in control!! It only helps me to help myself. This I believe wholeheartedly! Night! JB

I finally got my restriction about 3 weeks ago and have been losing 2lbs a week since. I'm down about 35lbs which is nice, but I can't wait to lose more.

I struggle with what I should eat. It seems like I can't eat anything. Junk food goes down fine unfortunately but chicken and other meats I really have to eat slowly.

Oh. By the way, I just found out that my BMI is at 29.3 which means I am no longer considered obese, but now just overweight. YAHHOOOOO!

Edited by bellyfatgone

Gosh! All I've lost is 12 lbs!

I can't seem to lose any weight!

I'm starving all the time!

Had my second fill this past Friday and I'm still starving!

How does everyone do it and not starve?

I wasn't this hungry before the surgery.

ARG!:thumbup:

I'm still here.. Lost 60 pounds, but I just found out I am pregnant, so my weight loss will be at a stand still until Feb 2011..darn it.. I was doing soo well.

Congrats!! I'm in the same boat. It was really hard for me to eat more and not be able to exercise like I had been. I still have not gotten my band unfilled, but I do have an appt in a couple of weeks. Since I am having twins, I want to make sure I am getting all the calories I need in.

Best of luck!

rbaily = you have only just had your second fill? I had 4 fills by March. Can I ask why they are taking so long to fill your band? No wonder you are starving.

I am down 36 pounds as of this morning. I am getting my 3rd fill on Monday! It is my fault that I am just now on my 3rd fill. I should have had my 3rd fill at the beginning of May!

braydens_mommy...congrats on the weight loss!!!!

Hello all you beautiful 'Delights', my you are all doing so well.

Two little W/L pluses I have notice lately: - I can now wrap a regular bath towel around me and tuck it in, haven't done that in a long time. Also, bras fit so much better, instead of feeling like a cracker on a fried egg!

@ Mel - how are you Mel, after your surgery, sorry I have not asked before now, but you were in my thoughts.

@ RBailey - Your doc really needs to up your fills, you have done well to keep 12 lbs off with so little restriction. Push for another fill to help you.

Although my W/L is slow, I'm nervous about getting another fill because I am so tight in the mornings and can only have a shake for Breakfast. I don't want to push it over the top. Exercise is going well, bike ride in the mornings (not every day as it is just so hot now) and treadmill in the afternoon. I just feel so healthy with the lbs I have loss gone for good. I posted a couple of 'six month post-op' photos in my album - I think you can see a difference from the other photo of me a year before surgery.

Hugs to you all.

Question: When does "real" restriction come? Also, when you get that real restriction, do you notice your loss is faster?

My W/L Plus: I put on some old pajama bottoms last night and my goodness...they FELL off lol I was like "Oh no, my favorite pants!" HAHAHA It was a great feeling!

The doc felt I wasn't ready for a fill due to me "choking." I sent the doc an email today indicating to him I'm starving still (I wasn't hungry like this before my surgery) so I 'll see what he says.

Vivinthewoods...when I had my 2nd fill a week ago today, the doc would make me drink (gulp) Water down as he was filling and if I felt the water was getting "stuck" he would take out a little. Wierd but when I eat, I kinda get full quicker than before the surgery but I'm still hungry. So I feel full but my stomach is still growling!