Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters 2009

No I have not but I like Chinese food and there is a dish called hot pot wich is kind of like a stew. It has different styles but I tried Chiken and salted fish and tofu altogether and it went down fine. It sounds weird but is very good.

I may have to try that. At this point we are game for anything right? lol Do you have a Moe's there? It's kind of a southwestern/mexican restaurant and they have the best Tofu. I've decided that once I get to soft foods I might have to go get an 'open' burrito there with some tofu!

Ocra - I, too, made it through to the other side. The biggest problem I seem to be having (besides getting up and down due to sore stomach muscles) is a growling tummy! Feel's like "I'm hungry" pains, and goes away when I drink something, but I promptly burp after drinking, so that makes me think it's gas in my stomach. I don't feel like I could eat anything more than the Soup stock I'm drinking, but my tummy says FEED ME all day long!:thumbup:

...Until one day I woke up and tried to eat and COULD. That dreaded day really happened. I am working hard to manage, but am really looking forward to the fill.

Good luck!

Okay, I don't remember which board is pre-op and which board is post-op, so I'll just post this here (perhaps we can adjust the titles to add pre-op and post-op so we don't forget).

Anyway, here are my stats. Weight yesterday is from my support group meeting:

Summer visit to PCP (highest weight): 294

1st visit to surgeon - 11/2/09: 288

Pre-op visit - 12/7/09: 282

Day of surgery - 12/17/09: 268

1/5/10: 261

Weight lost since this summer: 33 pounds

Weight lost since 1st visit: 27 pounds

Weight lost since pre-op visit: 21 pounds

Weight lost since surgery: 7 pounds

Their scales had me at 261, fully clothed, where my scales show me 261.4 naked. So I guess my scales are just a tad over? That's okay, I'll take either one!

Hi Im Ms diva I was just banded Dec 22 I could sure use some newly banded friends to help me stay on the right track how do I join this forum. Im new at this

Anyway, here are my stats. Weight yesterday is from my support group meeting:

Summer visit to PCP (highest weight): 294

1st visit to surgeon - 11/2/09: 288

Pre-op visit - 12/7/09: 282

Day of surgery - 12/17/09: 268

1/5/10: 261

Hey Melinco,

Looks like we are right in there together. My pre-op weight was 282...day of surgery 268 and today I was at 265. You have me beat by 4 lbs but I am working on it. My doc told me to wait another 6 weeks for a fill. Can you believe that? I can say though, it really is this head hunger that is kicking my but. I work from home on a computer all day and I just want to snack. I have been fighting it, but BOY is it hard. Anyone has any suggestions on how I can fight this constant thought of food? Am I really that greedy?:(

I can't believe you only have 2 incisions, I have FIVE!!! I'm so jealous. Next summer you'll be a bikini model and I'll be all scarred up...Must go pout now....

Well I just hope to be in a bathing suit with 37 surgeries on my belly since I was 14...I don't think a bikini at 110lbs would look sexy on me...:( I wish insurance could replace the scars with a new stomach skin....chest down 3 surgeries, 12 hip to hip the rest were laps all over my tummy ....Sorry I shouldn't complain could be worst but, can't wait for fill on the 27th....Starting to get hungry...smooches

I can't believe you only have 2 incisions, I have FIVE!!! I'm so jealous. Next summer you'll be a bikini model and I'll be all scarred up...Must go pout now....

Well I just hope to be in a bathing suit with 37 surgeries on my belly since I was 14...I don't think a bikini at 110lbs would look sexy on me...:( I wish insurance could replace the scars with a new stomach skin....chest down 3 surgeries, 12 hip to hip the rest were laps all over my tummy ....Sorry I shouldn't complain could be worst but, can't wait for fill on the 27th....Starting to get hungry...smooches

37 surgeries? ouch!@#@! How could you do another?

I had lot's of female problems growing up,...I was on lot's of med's for diabetes, choles, blood presure...I needed to take on a new healthy path so I did it....Glad I did so far...Smooches

Is anyone else getting frustrated??? I was banded on Dec10 and im down only 10lbs. I can eat everything and anything, I thought I would some sort of restriction. I dont go for my first fill til Feb12th :smile2: I started excercising this week so Im hoping that will help but Im just getting worried that this isnt going to work for me. Anyone elso feeling like this??

Is anyone else getting frustrated??? I was banded on Dec10 and im down only 10lbs. I can eat everything and anything, I thought I would some sort of restriction. I dont go for my first fill til Feb12th :smile2: I started excercising this week so Im hoping that will help but Im just getting worried that this isnt going to work for me. Anyone elso feeling like this??

Hi Kellu - when is your first fill?

Yes, I'm having trouble also. I believe we are in Bandster Hell; a period when your swelling is down and you can't get a fill yet. Just sweat it out and maintain until your first fill. That is what I'm doing. Keep your Protein up and drink lots of Water. Oh and I chew a lot of gum...lol

My doctor said not to be surprised if I gain some prior to my first fill, and he said not to worry about it. It's normal. Once we start getting our fills, that's when the weight will start to come off.

So I sing, Don't worry, be happy! (Ducking for the shoes being thrown at me!) :smile2:

It hasn't even been a month since your surgery. You are supposed to lose 1-2 pounds a week. If you have lost 10 pounds, you are ahead of schedule :thumbup: 10 pounds is a LOT. I know it doesn't seem like it when you have a lot to lose but go look at a bag of potatoes and imagine how big that would be attached to your body. 10 pounds is a great loss!

I had my surgery on Nov 31. I have started eating food and while I haven't had much of a problem keeping food down, I do feel full faster but feel like I could eat anything without a problem. Carbonation made my tummy burn. I also notice that some foods feel like glue in my mouth and don't break down (some breads). When I feel it, I just spit it out, rather than risk a PB or a STICK. I have gotten stuck twice, both were times that I probably didn't chew well and the food was either too dry or too doughy.

What I have noticed most since being banded is a freedom from my weight obsession. I don't beat myself up for being hungry anymore. And when I start to hate on myself for being fat, I remind myself that I have a lapband now and I AM losing weight and the thought disappears so I can go on with my business.

I have lost about 15 pounds to date. I am losing about 2 pounds a week. My biggest hint to all of you is to stay off the scale! It will only freak you out. I have been visiting a friend for the past couple of weeks and she had a scale. I couldn't stay away from it and I let what it said determine my entire day. It's silly. I happen to be one of those people who won't show a loss for long time and then lose several pounds at once. This is why I can't keep a scale at my house. Look and listen to your body instead. It is something we all have to learn anyway.

Is anyone else getting frustrated??? I was banded on Dec10 and im down only 10lbs. I can eat everything and anything, I thought I would some sort of restriction. I dont go for my first fill til Feb12th :thumbup: I started excercising this week so Im hoping that will help but Im just getting worried that this isnt going to work for me. Anyone elso feeling like this??

I'm not getting frustrated yet but do stay a little bit hungry at times. My banding date was Dec. 30th. I feel like I could eat almost anything - BUT DON'T

This is from the nutritionist & NOT the Dr. but he follows her hand out. Now I'm on a clear liquid & semi-liquid diet for 2 weeks. The meals should be high in Protein and low in carbs and as of today I'm down 25 pounds.:thumbup: I eat an average 850 calories and 70 gr of protein each day & drink a lot of liquid.

The next two weeks (3&4) can now be pureed high protein low carb food. The first pureed food to add should be chicken/fish, then pudding & yogurt, Then pureed vegetables and finally add back pureed carbs such as mashed peas, sweet potatoes or mashed potatoes. Only 1/2 cup at a time. I can start this on 1/13 & never thought I would be looking forward to pureed food - of any kind but I am.

The goal of the week 3&4 diet is to eat when hungry or eat to prevent hunger. If a snack is needed choose a high protein options like 3 tablespoons cottage cheese, 1 cup Liquid Protein drink, or 6 tablespoons sugar free instant pudding made with 1 scoop of protein power.

Week 5 post-op I can go to soft food ~ preferably high protein and choose a healthy choice side item like fruit or veggies.

I don't know what happens after week 5. Maybe a fill and back to pureed food - yum.....

It is not easy but we can all do it. This thing will work for all of us - don't give up. There have been to many in front of us that have succeeded and they had the same problems. We can do it.

Is anyone else getting frustrated??? I was banded on Dec10 and im down only 10lbs. I can eat everything and anything, I thought I would some sort of restriction. I dont go for my first fill til Feb12th :unsure: I started excercising this week so Im hoping that will help but Im just getting worried that this isnt going to work for me. Anyone elso feeling like this??

From your lips (Fingers) to my ears. I am very frustrated. I was banded on Dec9. Since my surgery I am down around 10 pounds. Last time I went to the Dr. I has only lost 1 pound!!:thumbup: I asked him if he was going to do a fill and he said they don't do them that fast. I have to wait 3 weeks and go to the hospital and get the fill. (They have to get approval from my insurance) I guess so they can make sure everything is where it should be and the band with more Fluid in it is doing was it is suppose to.

I just hope it gives me some restriction. Right now I can eat what ever I want and it is getting me in trouble.

Thanks for writing and please keep us informed how you are doing...you certainly helped me to know that someone out there understands what it is like. Good luck.:thumbup: