Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

Hi all

My surgery was on Nov 6th and i'm doing ok today. After coming home from the hospital i was having terrible pains in my left shoulder and neck. i was feeling very nauseas and really didn't feel like eating. Yesterday, i spent the day out doing errands etc. and am feeling better. For awhile there, i was getting weepy and regretting that i had the surgery! I'm feeling better about it now, and reading what other people say helps a lot. I know that mostly everything will pass after time. :(

A lot of what you are saying is how I was feeling. I found out that the pain the shoulder and neck was the gas working its way up my body. I have had the regretful days as well. However, I know that this is exactly what I needed to change my life and no matter how frustrated I get I just have to remind myself of that. I went Christmas shopping today and did pretty well. I am looking forward to the next food phase.:tongue:

Hey guys!

Justed wanted to let everyone know that I was banded on Friday. My experience at the OCC in Mexico was Wonderful. I am at home and doing pretty good. The only issue that I am having is the gas pains.they hurt and gas x is not helping. I am going back to work tomorrow, I hope that goes ok, kinda hard to sit straight up still, port pain is getting better. Good luck to everyone!

Hey guys!

Justed wanted to let everyone know that I was banded on Friday. My experience at the OCC in Mexico was Wonderful. I am at home and doing pretty good. The only issue that I am having is the gas pains.they hurt and gas x is not helping. I am going back to work tomorrow, I hope that goes ok, kinda hard to sit straight up still, port pain is getting better. Good luck to everyone!

Yay, congrats! I'm so glad your experience in MX was good. Keep us posted! :rolleyes2:

Hello fellow Novembers! I had my surgery on Monday the 17th and according to my surgeon it went off "textbook perfect." Hooray! I impressed the nurses and other patients/family members with how quickly I was able to start walking and how much I did it, but my only thought was to walk as much as possible to help decrease the gas pains! =) Walking really does help me with that.

I stayed overnight and was released around 1:00 yesterday. It would have been a little sooner but I took a shower in my room and it didn't have a bench and apparently I overdid it because at the end I got very nauseous. Husband helped me to my chair and we called for some anti-nausea meds which they gave me quickly. By that time I had most of the nausea under control but I was glad to have the meds for the ride home, just in case!

I had husband fill my prescription for Stadol yesterday, but so far I haven't had to touch it. Regular old liquid Tylenol seems to be doing the trick quite well. The main problem I have besides the gas pains is coughing--which hurts like heck. I've been trying to cough as "softly" as possible and so far it's helping a little bit.

Hope that everyone else has a safe and healthy surgery!

It's so nice to see people reporting in well after surgery! Hooray for our new life! :tongue2:

PS - Kaitiana, you've got to tell me when your book comes out. Is it fiction? What genre? I'd love to read it! :rolleyes2:

Was banded on the 10th. Went back to work on the 13th and am doing really well. Granted I am sick and tired of creamy Soups but oh well....doctor's orders. I am super excited...I have lost 21 pounds total. Only 4 of those were lost the week before surgery. Good Luck to everyone!

PS..My ticker is not correct but I am at work and can't update at this point.

The main problem I have besides the gas pains is coughing--which hurts like heck. I've been trying to cough as "softly" as possible and so far it's helping a little bit.!

Kasey, try keeping a pillow next to you, and when you have to cough, place the pillow on your tummy, apply a little pressure or bend forward, and then cough. It should help you get a fuller cough without so much pain. Just a little trick I learned when I had my hysterectomy years ago. Hope it helps, cause you need to keep those lungs clear. :rolleyes2:

Sam

Hey everyone!

I was banded yesterday on Nov, 18th. Everything went well. I am doing good. Dealing with lots of gas pain too! Just walking and trying to help it get out!!! Can't seem to burp for anything! Hopefully my GasX strips starts to help with the pain and bloating. The heating pad does work on my chest and shoulders for the pain, otherwise I am doing pretty good!

Thanks to you all! Good to all!

Hi all,

I had my surgery on the morning of Nov. 12th and it went really well. My Dr. gave me a prescription for a scopolamine patch that I put on the night before, so no queasiness in recovery. I was up and walking that afternoon, and I was thrilled when they told me I could have cream of wheat with splenda and milk on it. What a treat. I am feeling great and had very little pain. I am taking Tylenol, but I would be taking that anyway for arthritis pain.

After the anathesia wore off, I had some back pain, but the nurses said it might be from the table in the surgery. Evidently they inflated something under my back to arch my stomach up to make it easier to operate.

I was on Optfast for two weeks pre-op and am on it again for two weeks post-op. Then one week of pureed meals, one week of very soft foods and then for the next month or two semi-soft foods.

I am very happy that I decided to go with the band versus RNY, and I'm looking forward to more info from this web site.

Lesley

I was banded friday the 14th and I still have gas pains really bad and I cant burp either. The gas x strips did not work for me. I went and bought the chewable tablets today. I seem to be passing the gas better with the tablets. Maybe this will help you as well.

I was banded on Monday, November 10th. Was on liquids and yogurt, clear Soup two weeks before and Clear Liquids, clear soup and protien drinks since the day after surgery.

The shakes are ok, but I liked them better when I could blend them with ice. I have had popsicles, but am afraid to drink cold Water, how long before you can drink cold stuff? I see the dietician on Wednesday the day before Thanksgiving, I will be on soft food for Thanksgiving!!!

Hi everyone. I was banded on November 6 and everything went off without a hitch. I went home that night, took the weekend to recuperate, and was back at work on Monday. I haven't had any gas or any real pain or nausea or vomiting, although I have been a little constipated. However, I don't feel any real restriction when I eat or drink. Is that normal? I ate a whole can of fat free refried Beans last night, which I know can't be good, but I was hungry and it didn't hurt so I kept going (which of course I regretted after). I'm eating all pureed and mushy food right now after 10 days of liquids and thin Soups. I lost 12 pounds via my preop diet and I've lost only 2 pounds since then. Is this normal? Is it possible I've stretched the pouch by accident? Or do I just need to wait until my first band fill to really get what this whole experience will be like? My starting weight was 212, I'm at 198 now, and I'd like to be 135. I'm a female, 38 years old, 5'6. Just curious if anyone has an opinion about why I'm feeling so little restriction? I'm feeling like I'm going to have to really 'diet' still to get where I want to go and feel a little disappointed so far.