Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

I was banded Nov 3rd. I feel totally normal. I do pb if I don't chew well....I can't eat as much but still eating more than I should. Not happy with myself right now but trying to learn to eat right and all of that. I just need to regroup...I get my first fill on Dec 1st.

Hello everyone I was baned on November 11 and it is going good. So far I am down 26lbs (counting the pre-op diet weight loss). I will say that it is going to be a long 4 1/2 weeks until I get a fill. I have no restriction and can eat as much as I want. I'm trying to be good but it is very hard. Does anyone else have this problem?

I was banded on Nov 4th and was eating soft food after day 7. I felt weird about it and scared but I am great, don't feel anything at all. At first I was questioning my DR. approach, but I guess he knows what he is doing.

My surgery is today at 11am. I am so excited, i could barely sleep. :)

Lesley

I was banded friday the 14th and I still have gas pains really bad and I cant burp either. The gas x strips did not work for me. I went and bought the chewable tablets today. I seem to be passing the gas better with the tablets. Maybe this will help you as well.

Thanks I will try anything! Day 3 post op and I getting better. Still have the pain in my chest and shoulders but I dealing. Taking it one day at a time.

Have a good one!

Lesley

I was banded on Tuesday, November 18th and I'm healing well. I barely used the pain meds while in the hospital and haven't filled my prescription for them since I was discharged. I think the key is knowing the difference between soreness and pain and I'm only sore.

Had a slight complications w/ my operation. I had a slight hernia that was repaired during my surgery (scary that I was walking around with one and was completely unaware of it) and my uvula was stretched and swollen from the breathing tube :drool:, so it's been making me feel like it's going to choke me when I talk or drink (yeah, loads of fun).

Other than those things, which are tolerable so far, I'm healing well for the most part. Most soreness is at the port-site (it's starting to bruise now), but I expected that from so many other comments on the site.

I'm not getting in as many grams of Protein as I should, but I just ordered some 42g Liquid Protein bullets (3oz) so that will resolve that fast, quick, and in a hurry (lol). :w00t:

Happy to be on the other end of the surgery and looking forward to what's to come in the next month and in the new year!!!! :tt1:

Nat

I was banded on the 19th. I also had a hyated hernia that they repaired during the surgery. (I didn't know I had it but realized after that was the cause of my indigestion/reflux at night). It's day 2 post-op, I'm still in alot of pain. So far I have only been able to get 1 Protein Drink in. Just not hungry. I can only get up for 5 minutes now and then but have been pushing to walk around the house if I feel up to it. I like hearing the post op stories to see I'm not alone. Thanks!

I was baned on Wednesday the 19th and am doing really well. I havnet been on any pain medication at all. I had some gas pains in my shoulder and back, but got relief from alot of walking and GASX. My doc had me NPO the first 24 hours after surgery, then Clear Liquids on day 1 after surgery and full liquids started today. I'm not experiencing any hunger yet, I'm still at the point were I am eating (drinking) because I know I need to.

I had my 2.5 week post op visit with my surgeon. I have lost 12 pounds according to my scales. I am down from a size 20 to 18 which is awesome. I am on mushies this week and next. Today I attempted to eat chicken teryiaki (rice with some slices of chcken ) which I chewed really well. It hurt a bit at first and I had to eat slow. I will take home the rest and blend it up. Is rice okay as a mushie since it is soft?

I was banded on 11/4 and have been doing extremely well. I've lost 10 lbs since then and was able to go on solid food 6 days out of surgery. Had pain first day out but only took the pain meds for two days at night so I could sleep(I'm not sure if I really needed them the 2nd night). Went back to work 3 days after surgery and have been feeling great sense. I do work out at least 4-5 times a week and was able to resume my workout within 5 days, just couldn't do a normal ab workout:scared2: Other than some soreness in the port area every once in awhile I think it's totally worth it:thumbup:

My biggest obstacle so far is waiting to long to eat and then eating things to quickly and only getting down small amounts because I didn't chew properly:eek: I was surprised my doc let me go into solids so quickly, I thought I would be on fluids for at least 2-3 weeks after reading most of the blogs.

Glad everyone is doing well so far, pretty soon you won't remember any of the pain your feeling now!

I had my 2.5 week post op visit with my surgeon. I have lost 12 pounds according to my scales. I am down from a size 20 to 18 which is awesome. I am on mushies this week and next. Today I attempted to eat chicken teryiaki (rice with some slices of chcken ) which I chewed really well. It hurt a bit at first and I had to eat slow. I will take home the rest and blend it up. Is rice okay as a mushie since it is soft?

I'm glad you're taking the rest home to blend it up. I can't believe you would try to eat chicken and rice! :drool: We were banded the same day, and I can't say I would risk eating something like that today. Rice isn't considered a mushy according to my doctor.

Hi everyone, yeah rice isn't a mushie unless it was drasticlly overcooked and almost paste:eek:. Yuck. My dr has me on mushies and I had my surgery on Tues I only ate 1/2 oz of pureed chicken and 1 oz of Protein Shake. I am having a probelm getting fluids in so I just made myself I nice cup of Hot Tea and figgured i log in. Good luck