Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

Are you down from from 305 to 277 since your surgery Nov 4th?? I also had my surgery Nov 4th in Mexico. Since that date I am down 9.5lbs. You would make me feel as if I am not doing something right if you have lost that much weight in a little over a week. I wonder if we met????

I was banded Nov 4th and have lost 9.5lbs since then (How much has everyone else lost since there surgery). I would like to know how I am doing. I am still a little sore, but have never taken the pain meds. The thing that actually hurts the worst is my back. I think because of the hospital bed and everything and I already have a bad back. :thumbup:I am able to have liquids and mushy in about a week, Yeah. I have made some really good Soups and I eat the runny part and the family eats the chunky, it has worked out great.

Congratulations!!!:) I was banded Nov 3 and I lost 9.2lbs!!!:frown: YAY US!!!!!:thumbup:

I'm still sore and bacause I'm back at work is so uncomtable to sit for a long time and I havne't been able to work 8 hours.

Keep up the good work and Good Luck!!!

I was banded Nov 4th and have lost 9.5lbs since then (How much has everyone else lost since there surgery). I would like to know how I am doing. I am still a little sore, but have never taken the pain meds. The thing that actually hurts the worst is my back. I think because of the hospital bed and everything and I already have a bad back. :thumbup:I am able to have liquids and mushy in about a week, Yeah. I have made some really good Soups and I eat the runny part and the family eats the chunky, it has worked out great.

I was banded Nov 5th and have lost 8.8lbs. I am on full liquids for one more week, and then I'm on mushies for a week before progressing to solids. :)

Hi everyone,

I was banded on November 7th. I had some serious nauseous immediately post-op in the recovery room, but once that was under control, my hospital stay was uneventful. I stayed the night and was home the next day by 1pm. I did not have the severe gas pains that others have had, guess I was lucky! I took gas-x twice for minor twinges I was afraid would get bad, but it never happened. I have only taken a few doses of my pain medication and a couple of the nausea medication too. I've never been one to get nauseous, but found that the first few days at home I woke up extremely nauseous. I also had severe diarrhea, and it didn't stop for a couple of days, even with imodium.

I was on Clear Liquids for four days, and am now on full liquids. I will be able to progress to soft things like scrambled eggs about a week post-op. I feel fortunate that my diet progresses so rapidly. I really haven't had a lot of the hunger that others have had. I made sure I had crock pot meals for my family so I wouldn't have to mess with making dinner for everyone, I could just toss the raw stuff in and 8 hours later, they had dinner and I wasn't tortured.

My first follow up appointment will be at the 2 week mark and I'll meet with the dietician and the surgeon. I expect to get my first fill at my week 4 appointment. It's great to hear everyone's experiences. :)

I am one week post op this morning. I am no longer starved as I was the first few days. I still have some back/shoulder pain which I take tylenol for. I am suposed to be on full liquids for one more week. Is frozen yogurt ok ie. tcby? i also blended up some dinner in the blender to mush consistency to try it out. Is this too soon?

Hi J. Joseph,

I was banded on 11/3 and have lost 11 lbs. I understand what you are saying because I feel the same way. I have been on the liquid diet since being banded. Yesterday proved to be a challenge when I forgot my carefully-packed lunch for work.

We had a 2 day offsite meeting Tuesday and Wednesday. I took my lunch and drinks (all liquid) on Tuesday and sailed through the day. Yesterday was different because I was suddenly without my "safe" lunch and to rely on catered food for the meeting. I ended up eating turkey and cheese, potato chips, a smoothie and a bowl of Cereal. I had no trouble getting it down and no trouble after meals. However, I came home, feeling at loose ends, and ate 4 oz. of mac and cheese. It was a belly bomb and I felt miserable all evening. Slept well and feel back on track today.

All of this is a long way of saying that I ate so easily yesterday that I wondered if the band was helping at all. It must be because the mac and cheese really put me over the edge. I see my doctor next week and plan to ask about this. Keep in touch and let me know how you are progressing.

my preop week I weighed 296. On surgery day I weighed 294 and my one week post op I weighed 272. My doctor said that it was alot and after talking for a while, I miss understood my post op instructions. I thought that the doctor said walk 5-6 times a day starting on surgery day for at least 20 MINUTES. He meant 20 STEPS!! oopps:rolleyes2:

I think nearly everyone in this thread has posted about intense hunger, as early as Day 2 after surgery.

I think it's important to share my story. I'm Day 7 and I am still NOT hungry. I might get a small tinge of hunger here or there, but it passes, which tells me it's not really hunger, just head hunger because I'm bored and would normally eat when I'm bored.

I don't want everyone coming here and seeing that so many people are starving so soon after surgery and getting scared, because that isn't always the case. While I'm definitely in the minority as far as hunger goes, my situation does happen. So there are chances that you'll go up to a week or two without really feeling hunger. Of course, I'm not feeling hungry because I'm still swollen inside. I can't take all that much thick liquids (like creamy soups) before I get ridiculously full, but I drink crystal light throughout the day with no problem.

Anyways, I just wanted everyone out there to know - not everyone is starving two days after surgery. :blink:

I am 2 days out also, and not hungry at all. Matter of fact I have such a full feeling I'm having a hard time putting liquids in my mouth. I did drink 50 ounces of Water throughout the day today. I don't want to get dehydrated. I don't like feeling this full. :thumbdown:

Hello fellow bandsters and soon to be bandsters. I was banded October 16th and everything you all are going through is normal. I am eating now and I still feel a bit hungry after 4 0z but I do not want to overeat and have it come back up so I just get busy and do other things. Make sure you follow what your Dr. says to do though because you want this to be successful and not have any complications!! I hope all of you are as happy with the band as I am. I would not have lost the weight I have without my little band buddy around my stomach and my husband and I are communicating better now I have more confidence and it has only been 4 weeks imagine in a year how we will all feel!!

I was banded on November 11. My pain level has been pretty tolerable. I am not taking any pain meds now at all.

I am on full liquids (anything that will go through a straw - sans the straw). The first two days were very easy to drink just about anything. I have felt quite a bit of restriction today and have to burp with just about every sip of anything, no matter how small the sip.

My back pain is completely gone. I had a tiny bit of shoulder pain this morning but none since. I believe this is due to the large amount of walking I did on the day of my surgery. I walked every time I had a chance for about 10 minutes.

Anyway, I am on liquids for two weeks, then to mushies for the next four weeks. At that point, I get my first fill and can then begin to start on soft foods and progress to solids.

Thanks gypsy girl. Upon reading some other posts I am very leary about mixing in mushy or soft foods. For example, I have been eating chicken Soup from a can. The noodles were so soft... I thought these can't hurt and tried a few just to see what would happen. It seemed as it didn't cause any harm. I didn't try too much though, just a couple. I tried a few very well chewed small bits of clam from some clam chowder I had. I did this during stage II full liquid diet, which my doctor said allowed creamed Soups (strained).

I hope this didn't do damage. It doesn't feel like it. Anyone have any ideas?

By the way. My weights were:

October 1: 344 lb

November 3: 329 lb (surgery date)

November 13: 319 lb

Total weight loss: 25 lbs in 6 weeks.

I was banded yesterday, Nov 13. The doc found a hiatal hernia and repaired that too.

I'm doing pretty well. The gas pain in my shoulder hurts more that my abdomin. It hurts to breath deeply probably because of the hernia repair.

I had to spend the night in the hospital. The respitory tech came every 2 hours to have me take a few deep breaths and they checked my blood pressure often, so I didn't get much sleep.

Then in the morning I couldn't drink anything because I had to wait until the surgeon got there to do an upper GI.

I got to see my band on the x-ray. That was cool.

Doc wants to see me on Monday as a precaution. I live 4 hours away so that means not going home. He says I have weak abdominal walls. When he saw how bummed I was about staying in town the extra days he even offered to see me after he got out of church on Sunday. He is such a wonderful man.

I couldn't take away his family time, so I called work and told them I'm not coming in monday. :Dancing_sorry:

I am on Clear Liquids for a week then thick for a week and I get to have mashed potatoes on Thanksgiving. I cant wait.

All in all the pain isn't that bad and I'm just drinking and eating a bit of sf Jello.

Good luck to everone about to be banded,

Karen

Hi everyone this is my first post ever, I was banded on the 14th in Hartford CT by DR. Papasavas. Everything went great and im home sitting here typing with gas bubbles rumbling.

To all my Gassy friends: Next trip to the store or send a relative Milicon Drops I have heard are the best they are used for infants with bad gas and have helped create mircles with my two children. A friend of mine had lapbad a few months agao and she tried everything and was in pain and I grabbed these drops for her and she was passing it in no time. Being that it's liquid it's fast acting!!:thumbup: