Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

My friend tried oatmeal after 1 week and said it was a big mistake. I am still on liquids. I sip my chicken broth slowly and this is helping my growling stomach. I have not tried crystal light yet. I to am so afraid to try anything new. I do not want to throw up.

Well I just finished my cheddar grits! I made them with 3/4 cup of Water (package called for 1/2 cup) and I let them cool about 15mins. It took me about 15mins to finish them I think. I feel full, but I'm not feeling sick or nauseous at all. They were sooooo good too! It's been too long since I had something of substance, haha.

That really sounds good. It is comforting that you were able to eat and not get nauseous. Yea!!! I had my surgery on the 6th and I will be on Clear Liquids until tues. I will be happy to have some texture to. Are you still feeling ok.

That really sounds good. It is comforting that you were able to eat and not get nauseous. Yea!!! I had my surgery on the 6th and I will be on clear liquids until tues. I will be happy to have some texture to. Are you still feeling ok.

Yup, still feeling fabulous! Though a bit stuffed, haha. My stomach is making all sorts of noises, but that's just because it's been so long since I've had anything of substance so my stomach is sort of freaking out over it, but no pain whatsoever. I'm so pleased I got over my fear and ate the grits, they were some kinda yummy! :rolleyes2:

Good I really am glad. I just keep thinking how different we will all look in a month. It will so be worth it.

Hi everyone!!

Im a newly banded, I was banded Tuesday. Today Im feeling great, minimal pain I havnt had any pain meds since Wed night. Ive progressed to the full liquid diet and Im doing pretty good with that and next week I move on to the purreed diet. I am certainly not looking forward to that :-( I hate blenderized foods, any suggestions ?

I was banded on Nov. 3 and things have gone fairly well The pain went away by Thursday, but those blasted gas pains hung around until today - so far so good. The worst pain is in my left shoulder.

I haven't been hungry except for yesterday. I didn't get enough Protein and was very tired and listless the whole day. This thread is so helpful because I see that other people have been hungry too. Since I thought long and hard about this and my insurance company had me in a 6 month program, I was so excited. Still am. The hungry feeling worried me a little because there is no way I am screwing this up after waiting so long.

Not hungry today and have lost 10 lbs so that is great motivation to keep on going and not think about another week on liquids.

You Notorious Novembers rock!

Hello all I was band Nov-6 Thursday and Just got out yesterday Saturday 11-8 because of some complications :-( they had to take all the liquid from my band because I had some swelling of the stomach and nothing was going down. I am a lot better now I am at home farting up a storm and dealing with the pain. Dr. Obryan will filled my band again on my 1st visit 11-12. I am on clear liquids until tomorrow then hard liquids for 2 weeeks. I have lost 13 lb already even with the pain I can say I have no regreats.

I have had really bad pains in the left shoulder as well. I read a few posts on here from people with the same problem. Mine hit when I was out today and I had to be rushed home to take some pain meds. Other than the shoulder I feel pretty good. Go back to the doc on Monday and have 3 more weeks of clear liquids!!! ACK!!!

I am so glad this thread was started. I have surgery tomorrow. I was about to start a thread for any last words of wisdom, but this covered it. Hope to be back online Tuesday. Unfortunately lovely Tricare is making me spend the night in the hospital.

Good luck mljways!

Hi all, I was banded on 11/3 so about one week. I am for the most part feeling good. I started feeling hungry today. Everything looks and smells so good. But I have not messed up and have convinced myself that I will stick to all the docs orders.

I am on liquids for 2 weeks so tomorrow will be the start of week 2. Then 2 weeks of mushies so excited about that by the way. Then slowly start introducing regular foods back in. After being on the liquid diet 2 weeks before surgery I am sooooo ready for anything else.

Hope everyone is doing well.....

Yup, still feeling fabulous! Though a bit stuffed, haha. My stomach is making all sorts of noises, but that's just because it's been so long since I've had anything of substance so my stomach is sort of freaking out over it, but no pain whatsoever. I'm so pleased I got over my fear and ate the grits, they were some kinda yummy! :rolleyes2:

Jnegrl, I'm on liquids too, but have been fixing egg drop Soup for myself. it gives me a bit of substance, without too much fear of over doing.

Jnegrl, I'm on liquids too, but have been fixing egg drop Soup for myself. it gives me a bit of substance, without too much fear of over doing.

What a great idea! I'm going to call the doctor tomorrow and make sure it's OK. Sounds delicious! :rolleyes2:

I had a carnation instant Breakfast and a pudding tonight for the first time. i could barely make it to the bathroom in time. Now I'm scared to have another tomorrow as I goback to work. Is anyone else reacting to dairy? What else are you eating for full fluids?

I was just banded on the 6th. OMG I am sooooo hungry I dont know what to do. I am on liquids for 2 weeks then pureed foods for 2 weeks then I get to eat solid food. I am struggling with this liquid thing. People who think this is the easy way out have another think coming. Good luck to everyone adjusting to the new lifestyle we have decided to get.