Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

Those of you that have been banded ........... let us know how you are!!!!:thumbs_up::tt2::frown::tt2:

I was banded 2 days ago. I am still bloated and taking Tylenol 3's for pain occasionally. I have no idea how long to keep on the steri strips. I am hungry and am managing.

My Dr. said to leave the steri strips on for 2 weeks. Let them fall off on their own. I was banded 2 days ago, on the 5th. I'm still having some pains but have stopped taking the t3s and am taking childrens liquid Motrin for the pain. I can't sleep on T3s. What I'd like to know is if I'm getting enough Water or fluids. How much is enough?

Hello to all! new to forums! I was banded this last monday 11/3/08. I was in a lot of pain the first day but by the 3rd day I was driving. The first 3 days I was doing great. I was able to drink my Clear Liquids. Today is day 5 and I'm very active and having just minor soreness. My only problem is that I'M STARVING!!!!!. I had 80 grams of Protein, lots of Water, 2 cups of broth, 2 jellos, many popcicles. My doctor says it will be another week before I can even get full liquids. I'm trying to stick it out but now it's getting hard. My first fill is in 3 weeks!! can't wait! :eek:

I am glad to hear you all are well!! I am amazed at how gifferent the diets are. I get full liquids on day 2 after surgery. Good thing because after this week of clears I am HUNGRY! My surgery is monday the 10th.

The diets are so different. I am on clear liquids for 30 days! But I didn't have to do any pre-op stuff. After my first 30, I go for my first fill....yay!! :eek:

weight.png

I was banded Monday and am doing better but I'm still sore and still have some gas pains. I was able to sleep in my bed last night. I might take some pain meds tonight to sleep better. I started full liquids on Wed. but am still hungry. Next week I get to start pureed foods which I'm pretty excited about. I just have to work this darn gas out! I've been walking every day lots but still have the pain in my shoulder, hopefully it will go away soon.

I was banded on the morning of November 5th. I am able to take clear liquids, some Jello. I am still feeling quite bloated. Transitioning from a sitting-to-lying-down position makes my whole abdomen quite sensitive.

I only took a few morphine pills, as I don't think I really needed it. I hate to take medecine anyway.

Only tonight have I had some pain in my left shoulder. Other than this, I've had some problems taking deep breaths but in general my biggest problem has been my abdomen feeling bloated and sore.

Hello November bandsters, its me Julie, well I did it and its over thank god. I got banded Wed morning at 8:00. its funny I read all these different stories on what diets we have, I had to go on a 7 day Liquid Protein diet before and then once i got banded i didnt get anything for 24 hours, not even a sip of Water, my mouth was so dry i thought it was going to crack but the nurse gave me a stick with liquid on it to wet my mouth, man that was great, anyways the next day around 10:30 they brought me broth and Jello and pineapple juice, i drank the broth no problem and they let me come come around 12:00. I am on liquids again for 2 weeks, then soft 2 weeks then regular foods. I havent really been hungry, I know I havent been getting enough liquid so I will try harder tomorrow. I dont regret doing this I will just be glad when I am no longer sore. If anyone has any questions just ask. I will be checking upon the future bandsters.

weight.png

I am new. I was banded on Thurs. I have lots of pain when I try to sit up, but I found that laying flat on a heating pad helped with the gas pain. I to am so hungry. :eek:

Edited by forme

What are you planning on eating when you get to full liquids as compared to clear fluids?

the doctor said that I can try no added sugar applesauce, cream of wheat, tomatoe juice, v-8, and no added sugar grape juice. I asked him about cream of chicken and he said it was fine as long as I blended more to reduce the chunks. I'm actually looking foward to it becasue i'm constantly starving for more texture. :blink:

Hi all!

I was band last Monday and so far all it's good. I felt hungry for the first time last night but it was because I haven't eaten anything in 2 hours. Also my post-op diet is so different I have to be in a liquid diet for a whole month and the 2 week of pureed foods then I try to eat "normal" foods. So far I don't like the Unjury chicken Soup OMG I thought I was going to puke it all up I was only able to eat 4 oz of it but the heath wise hot chocolate is SO good and I make it with milk so it was 22 grams of Protein. Good Luck to Everyone!! WE ALL CAN DO THIS!!!!