Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

Yeah, that would be a weird place to put the port. You might call and ask your doc if that is really where it is. You may just be most sore in that spot? My port is down about a inch or two below my rib cage, an inch or two above my navel and about three inches to the right.

Yup.....that is really where it is. I just am about to upload the picture. He says it is the best place for them. Less chance of them flipping and when your weight goes down.....things will shift down. He also said something about it will look better there then anywhere else on the body. Don't quote me on that I was high on morphine at the time of explaination!!! I am assuming that it is sore because of the location and I have the realize band and you know how those get attached. It isn't that bad, I haven't had pain meds since the night of the surgery. But then again I haven't had a bra on since!!!!

Oh, and just to share the unique joy...I am now the not-so-proud owner of an ass-hose. Holy diarrhea Batman.

Gentlywind - re: your problem - maybe you started eating the creamed Soup too early? I was banded on the 19th and am still in the "full" liquid phase. Where I am, they consider the creamed Soups the "mushy" phase. Maybe, all the milk products are causing the problem because it's too early? Even pudding is considered the mushy phase but I still made some and have 2 spoonfuls a day because I was so hungry.

No, creamed Soups and FF pudding are on the list for liquid phase with my surgeon. But I am also definitely not lactose intolerant. Its from the anesthesia wearing off according to my doc. :) But thanks for the suggestions!

No, creamed Soups and FF pudding are on the list for liquid phase with my surgeon. But I am also definitely not lactose intolerant. Its from the anesthesia wearing off according to my doc. :wub: But thanks for the suggestions!

Hahah, yea I don't care what caused it. It's gotta be one of the most horrendous things I've ever experienced in my life. It wasn't just once or twice a day. No no, it was all day, gosh at least once an hour but probably more. It was terrible. :) I'm not glad someone else had that problem, but I'm glad I'm not alone, haha.

Well, I had plenty of warning and never soiled anything, thank goodness...you poor thing! I just had to go a lot! Thankfully it seems to be settling down today. Nothing like yesterday!

It's weird because alot of people have a problem going after the surgery. I cheated and took an Exedrin 4 days post-op just to get my system back in gear and it worked.

Now - if I could just stop the horrible shoulder gas pains after I eat - then everything would be fine. I need to return to work tomorrow so this is making me nervous.

Those of you that have been banded ........... let us know how you are!!!!:):tt2::crying::tt2:

Hi! I was banded on November 3rd,i'm still at the 10 pound weight loss mark and I hope the scale starts moving agian and soon lol.

Now - if I could just stop the horrible shoulder gas pains after I eat - then everything would be fine. I need to return to work tomorrow so this is making me nervous.

Have you tried a heating pad on that shoulder? It did wonders for me.

I am just over two weeks post-op and feeling pretty awesome. I am still losing about a pound every other day and have been on mushies since Monday. I get my first fill on Dec. 8 which will be 4 weeks post-op but have to stay on mushies for two more weeks after that (if I understood my doc correctly) at which point I will go so soft solids and get my second fill.

I seem to be losing inches like crazy and already have a huge mountain of clothes (on the floor in the corner of my bedroom) that are no longer fitting right.

One negative side effect - a number of my heavy friends are already starting to avoid me. I could understand if I was talking about it and carrying on but I make a special point to not bring it up to them. One of my friends is practically hostile when I try to say hello. I knew it may happen but did not realize it would happen so soon. Sigh.....:)

Marisol, Water does nothing for me except make me pee. I have no restriction and already scared that I am going to fail at this.

You are not alone! I was banded on Nov. 3 and I am down a total of 31lbs, with about 15 since the surgery. I can eat a lot more than I should be able to and have not lost a single pound in over a week. I am scared that I am going to fail. I can't have a fill until the end of December or beginning of January and I'm scared!

Aw, that sucks about your friends sistasassy. :) You'd think they would be there for you. I am so sorry.

I am doing okay today. I have this weird feeling like I need to burp really bad or like something is stuck in my band. But I am on fluids, so I don't know how anything could be stuck. I just wish it would go one way or the other.

Shoulder pain is not nearly as bad today.

You are not alone! I was banded on Nov. 3 and I am down a total of 31lbs, with about 15 since the surgery. I can eat a lot more than I should be able to and have not lost a single pound in over a week. I am scared that I am going to fail. I can't have a fill until the end of December or beginning of January and I'm scared!

Hi there. I can so relate to your fears. We have to keep telling ourselves that we won't fail. We just can't !! I think it's interesting your Doctor isn't doing your fill until late December/Early January. Same with mine and i'm not sure why their waiting so long.