Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

Have you tried a heating pad on that shoulder? It did wonders for me.

I am just over two weeks post-op and feeling pretty awesome. I am still losing about a pound every other day and have been on mushies since Monday. I get my first fill on Dec. 8 which will be 4 weeks post-op but have to stay on mushies for two more weeks after that (if I understood my doc correctly) at which point I will go so soft solids and get my second fill.

I seem to be losing inches like crazy and already have a huge mountain of clothes (on the floor in the corner of my bedroom) that are no longer fitting right.

One negative side effect - a number of my heavy friends are already starting to avoid me. I could understand if I was talking about it and carrying on but I make a special point to not bring it up to them. One of my friends is practically hostile when I try to say hello. I knew it may happen but did not realize it would happen so soon. Sigh.....:)

I can relate to this also (about your friends). My friends are acting kind of ,stand-offish to me and I think it's sad. I don't get it either.

I am just over two weeks post-op and feeling pretty awesome. I am still losing about a pound every other day and have been on mushies since Monday. I get my first fill on Dec. 8 which will be 4 weeks post-op but have to stay on mushies for two more weeks after that (if I understood my doc correctly) at which point I will go so soft solids and get my second fill.

I seem to be losing inches like crazy and already have a huge mountain of clothes (on the floor in the corner of my bedroom) that are no longer fitting right.

One negative side effect - a number of my heavy friends are already starting to avoid me. I could understand if I was talking about it and carrying on but I make a special point to not bring it up to them. One of my friends is practically hostile when I try to say hello. I knew it may happen but did not realize it would happen so soon. Sigh.....:)

I just started using a heating pad yesterday - it does seem to help. that's too bad about your friends - I started thinking about all of mine and realized that they are all skinny and pretty and have been very supportive of me. Even the few that need to lose some weight only need to lose maybe 20 - 30 pounds.

Hi all!

I was band last Monday and so far all it's good. I felt hungry for the first time last night but it was because I haven't eaten anything in 2 hours. Also my post-op diet is so different I have to be in a liquid diet for a whole month and the 2 week of pureed foods then I try to eat "normal" foods. So far I don't like the Unjury chicken Soup OMG I thought I was going to puke it all up I was only able to eat 4 oz of it but the heath wise hot chocolate is SO good and I make it with milk so it was 22 grams of Protein. Good Luck to Everyone!! WE ALL CAN DO THIS!!!!

I have yet to try the Unjury Soups. Thank you for the heads up though lol. Aren't they kind of pricey too?

Hello everyone I was baned on November 11 and it is going good. So far I am down 26lbs (counting the pre-op diet weight loss). I will say that it is going to be a long 4 1/2 weeks until I get a fill. I have no restriction and can eat as much as I want. I'm trying to be good but it is very hard. Does anyone else have this problem?

Hey Bobbie, I was banded on 11/11/08 too and I am down 25 pounds according to the doctor's scale. We are twins. Good job! I won't have my first fill until right before Christmas. :)

Oh, and just to share the unique joy...I am now the not-so-proud owner of an ass-hose. Holy diarrhea Batman.

I had this same issue, which I don't get. It started after I left the hospital, so two days post op and it went on and on and on. I don't get how being on a liquid diet can give you that much diarrhea, but it did for me. It was terrible. No problems now other than the gas.

hello everyone, im a uk bandster, got my band on 20th nov, so im a week post op 2 morro. congratulations everyone by the way!! wo hoo 2 us lol. anyway i was wondering, i have a 10cc band without any fill but i have a LOT of restriction, i am on liquids for 2 weeks them mushies 2 weeks, is this kind of restriction normal 4 a week out? is it just from the swelling?? when would it start to get less?? thanks 4 any replies xxx

hello everyone, im a uk bandster, got my band on 20th nov, so im a week post op 2 morro. congratulations everyone by the way!! wo hoo 2 us lol. anyway i was wondering, i have a 10cc band without any fill but i have a LOT of restriction, i am on liquids for 2 weeks them mushies 2 weeks, is this kind of restriction normal 4 a week out? is it just from the swelling?? when would it start to get less?? thanks 4 any replies xxx

It's normal to feel restriction right out of surgery, because of the swelling. My doctor prefilled my 10cc band with 3cc at the time of surgery, so I am really feeling the restrictions. Best of luck to you!!!!

Originally Posted by sistasassy viewpost.gif

One negative side effect - a number of my heavy friends are already starting to avoid me. I could understand if I was talking about it and carrying on but I make a special point to not bring it up to them. One of my friends is practically hostile when I try to say hello. I knew it may happen but did not realize it would happen so soon. Sigh.....frown.gif

I have had the same problem with my supposed best friend. (who is normal weight)The only time she even called after surgery is if I had called her. Wound up having a huge row over how uncaring she was being. She said she was sorry and I haven't heard from her since (three days) I spend an entire week at a childrens hospital with her a two weeks before surgery, called off work and everything to be there for her while her daughter had surgery. She hasn't even called to see how I'm doing. It really hurts my feelings. She has been my best friend since tenth grade. I feel like she basically doesn't give a crap. I know she is still very busy with her daughter but a phone call would not take much time. I feel like I've lost my best friend. Anyone else have similar experiences?

I love this forum. I read it all the time and I am thankful for all of the encouragement and its fun to read about everybodys expierence. I was banded on the 6th and have lost 12lbs already. I get my first fill on 12/2 and I am excited because my appetite is coming back. I started working out again today and I realize that I am way out of shape. Cant wait to start seeing my clothes get big! Good luck to all!

Maybe its time to find some new friends. Even though your surgery ended up ok there could have been problems but your friends would have never known. Go to some support meetings in your area and talk to people who are going through what you are going through. Never know you may find some new buddies!

I think even our good, thin friends may feel like the "dynamic" of your friendship will be different once you did the surgery. I am the largest of all of my friends and I know that some of them like that. Once I have chosen to change that, it changes their point of view (consiously or unconsiously). Don't worry about it, you did this for you, not her.

Good Morning! I was banded on Nov 4, so I'm 3 weeks out working on my fourth. I have yet to have my 1st post-op visit and fill with my doctor, that's scheduled for Dec 23. So I've decided to wait till that first visit to get weighed. It's been so tempting to hop on the scale and take a peek. At any rate I got up early this morning to try and piece a outfit together for dinner this evening with my family, and much to my surprise I can fit clothes I havnt worn in years! I certainly didnt expect a change to happen so quickly, I've recieved comments from friends and family about my weight loss but I just didnt see it till this morning. I'm so excited and I cant wait to really really get back to working out to see more results!! Oh and my friends and family have been super supportive. :grouphug:

Hi sistasassy

It is really too bad about your friends. I would wonder just how good of friends they are. Maybe they are a little bit jealous to see you melting away in front of them? Anyway, you are getting healthy!!! that is the most important part. Besides, you have us.

Edited by babydear

I got mine 11/24 and I'm feeling quite hungry too. Sounds like we are on the same diet. When I do eat, I can't finish the 5 oz of broth or Protein Drink before my stomach starts hurting. And, nothing sounds good. Nothing tastes the same either. The popsicles taste too sour and the Jello too sweet. I did mix the bariatric chocolate shake/pudding mix as a pudding today and got all of that down. I would love to have some eggs or oatmeal about now!