Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

I still have pain in the port site occasionally is that normal?

My next one is about the ticker. I made a ticker but I don't know where i'm supposed to paste it to :)

Wow!! I can't believe it's been 1 week today. Hubby and I went to costco for a few things. It felt so good to just walk. I did feel like I had a sign on my back asking people to hit me with their shopping carts. I was at the checkout waiting to scan my bank card when a father picked up his toddler and she kicked me right in the middle of the back. That pushed me right up against the counter. I was not happy AND he didn't even turn around and say he was sorry!!!

My hunger is still minimal. I have to force myself to eat. We bought some homemade chicken noodle Soup that will go into the bullet then strained for dinner tonight.

I'm still sleeping in the recliner. It hurts to lie flat on my back. The hernia was more than I bargained for. My port site is a little sore today but nothing I can't live with.

I told everyone that today is my one week band-a-versary!!!

Here's to all of us November bandsters.....many more band-a-versaries!!!!

I was banded on the 20th. I am still taking pain meds occasionally throughout the day and the prescribed meds at night. I am getting sick of the liquid diet and I would like to try and introduce some soft food into my diet slowly. I am not sure, but I feel like I could handle it. You know, just a little cottage cheese one day and maybe some tofu the next. Still drinking my Protein Shakes. Does anyone know any way to make them different? I am just getting to the point where I am not enjoying the smell of them. I weighed myself on the 24th and I have lost 11lbs. since the beginning of this whole journey. Yay! And, I am glad to say that I am getting a lot of support from family and friends.:)

Raphaella

No help here on the Protein Shakes. Ever since surgery I can't stomach the smell of them, let alone drink them. I am trying to drink skim milk, make creamed Soups with skim milk, pudding with skim milk...all in an effort to get in the Protein.

My appetite returned today..wowie. Painful! But I am still satisfied with a small amount of food, just very aware when its time for more.

My doctor told me to try sugar free carnation instant Breakfast drinks with one cup skim milk and two and a half tablespoons of nonfat dry milk. He also suggested sugar free pudding made with the skim milk and add a half a cup of the nonfat dry milk for a Protein rich pudding

Edited by rlmeiners

try the Protein bullets. they have 42 grams of protein. i bought a few yesterday at the Vitamin Shoppe. they are thick so i added a little crushed ice & Water to thin it out....was actually pretty good. today i tried the orange will try the fruit flavor tomorrow. i know now why we were told not to purchase a large container of Protein Powder before surgery.....just the thought of that sweet smell makes me want to barf right now....sorry....if you need any info on the bullets, let me know!

Oh, and just to share the unique joy...I am now the not-so-proud owner of an ass-hose. Holy diarrhea Batman.

OMG :) I suffered from this same thing from Day 2 through Day 5 at least. It was sooo terrible. I'm so sorry you're dealing with this! I had to fly home with it! I was so gassy, and I couldn't let anything out the bottom half because I was so afraid I'd mess my britches. :wub: As it was, I ruined two pair of panties and one pair of lounge pants before I even left the hotel on Day 3, LOL.

Oh, and just to share the unique joy...I am now the not-so-proud owner of an ass-hose. Holy diarrhea Batman.

WTH is an ass-hose??? :wub: And I'm sooooo there with the protein! I've been eating lots of chicken and tuna, carnation instant Breakfast with skim milk, and I even found some oatmeal that had 8g of Protein a whack. So I'm averaging 35-40g of protein daily. All the while my huge container of Protein Shake stuff sits in the pantry. No one warned me of that!

As for pain in the port site, I'm still having some pain, too. I noticed today while working out (yes working out!:)) that it hurt when I made certain moves.

And for the ticker, I just copy and paste the code into my message each time. Is there an easier way??

Banded 11-07-08! :wub:

weight.png

WTH is an ass-hose??? :wub: And I'm sooooo there with the protein! I've been eating lots of chicken and tuna, carnation instant Breakfast with skim milk, and I even found some oatmeal that had 8g of Protein a whack. So I'm averaging 35-40g of protein daily. All the while my huge container of Protein Shake stuff sits in the pantry. No one warned me of that!

As for pain in the port site, I'm still having some pain, too. I noticed today while working out (yes working out!:)) that it hurt when I made certain moves.

And for the ticker, I just copy and paste the code into my message each time. Is there an easier way??

Banded 11-07-08! :wub:

An ass-hose is basically liquid poops to the highest degree. I'd say that my experience with it was almost uncontrollable!

Take the code for your ticker and paste it into the "Signature" spot, which is in your User Control Panel, on the left it says Edit Signature, you can paste it there and it will show up every time you post. You can find your User ControL Panel in the drop-down menu at the very bottom of the thread below the Quick Reply box.

My surgery was 11/14. I have a three week clear diet to follow. The first week was fine, I lost about 10 lbs. This is Tuesday of the second week and now I am feeling hungry more often. I have also stopped losing weight over the last three days. I am not sure why, I still only have two Protein Shakes, 2 servings of broth and then Water and Protein water all day. I don't know? The pain is finally behind me!! My left shoulder, neck and left lung are still sore, but okay. The liquid Loratab never helped so I switched to liquid adult tylenol. It helped some. The heating pad was the biggest help as was Gas X strips. I tried chewing gum but it made my stomach hurt, I guess the air. I miss my daily Sonic Diet DP with lime, but it's a small sacrifice for a healthier life. If anyone has any questions, I will try to help. It's confusing, scary and yet exciting to think about where we are headed.

I was banded a couple days ago....on the 24th. I no gas pains what so ever and am able to burp as well. He said that the emptied the gas for the most part, but there may be a little left over.

Anyway, I have a question for you guys.....has anyone had their port placed up between their breasts? OMG!!!! That is what is causing me sooooo much pain. It is right on the bone and the only one that is bruised.....any one else with the same thing.....will it get better...forget about a bra!!!!:)