Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Victorious Valentines - Feb. 08 - MASTER THREAD!

I'm doing two graduation and one confirmation cake. None of them in fondant. :smile2:

I'm going to be so busy in the next couple of weeks with packing and moving, I don't know when I'll be able to get official exercise in.

Last night I walked/jogged/danced in place while watching American Idol. Wish I had a treadmill, but that worked. I got my heart rate up.

The challenge is going well. I'm behaving much better with the rules I'm following for it.

Hey guys, how's it going? I'm not doing great but I'm getting more motivated. I think I might be able to get back to good eating soon. Today was okay as far as food.< /p>

Haven't been doing any excercise but a lot of shopping recently. I was looking for a car so I got a lot of walking in. Really wanting to get back to my workout. I think I'm gonna hold off on the gym because my sister-in-law is going at a time that isn't really good for me. I can do as well at home for now. One day I might be ready for a gym again.

Grats on the 5k Angie. I think that's so fantastic.

Hi All!

Ezma - It is understandable that it will take a while for a 'new normal' routine to develop. The fact that you are aware of what you are doing, and planning for the future is great...small steps, Ezma, small steps!!

Shiny - Great idea to dance/jog/move while watching TV - anything to keep moving. Although packing will involve a lot of bending, lifting, carrying etc...and that counts too!

I have now gone 3 days without an after supper snack...yay me!! So why don't I feel it in my clothes??? :):wink2: Just joking - it will take more than 3 days...maybe 4????

My exercise routine has been shot to pieces this past week - still cleaning etc the apartment in prep for the new tenant, so I've missed the Y. I am walking from work, and keeeping busy, but just not getting that dedicated non-stop hard cardio and strength training. But I will get back to it...I promise!

Hi Gang!

Any updates from anyone???

I managed another night without an evening snack - YAHOO! Of course this has more to do with not eating supper until late...but still, it counts!

Yesterday I came home from work and DH and I immediately went to the apartment to wash, clean, paint etc...we were doing this AT THE SAME TIME that the tenant was moving in! What complete and total chaos!!

I hope everyone is doing well....

I saw a new low of 192 this morning! Woo hoo! I gained a couple pounds over the weekend last weekend, so when I started this challenge I was 196, so I'm down four pounds this week, but two of those were re-losing pounds I didn't have last week. Oh the craziness. :)

I've got one cake almost done and two more to do today. I'll definitely post pics, at least on my blog. The one I've done is turning out so cute. It's a character cake of a graduate. Hope you all have a great day.

Hello all :hurray:

I finally found time to read through (most) of the thread here, I'm so glad to see the chatter. I'm sorry for not keeping up sooner.

Ezma - I read your post about your husband's passing, and it made my heart ache. I'm so sorry for your lost, you have my deepest sympathies and warmest hugs. I give you much credit for continuing on here - I think I'd fall apart and probably gain everything back. Please stay with us and share how you are doing.

Shinyhappymommy - your cakes are amazing! Awesome creations! I love them. I really enjoy art like this. You are the second person now (that I know) for making exquisite cakes. My niece recently got into this, and she makes some stunning creations. My sister and I have birthdays coming up (they are a week apart) and her daughter will be making cakes for us both. I'll share some pictures! I'm going to be 45. It's honestly the first "age number" that has bothered me. It sounds so old! I just don't feel it though. :wink: Anyway, please keep sharing the pictures of your cake creations!

Tapshoes - thanks for your support, you always make me smile. :puke: I'm sorry I left, I got a bit frustrated and angry with the lap-band forums (not at this forum or anyone here), and I decided I was taking things too seriously, and should probably take a break. I got upset with a person who is a frequent poster - apparently she is the only one who can give advice, and I know nothing. Anyway - I deleted my posts in that forum, put her on ignore and gave this website a rest. I shouldn't have let my emotions get the better of me, and leave my friends here. My mistake, I am sorry. I do miss everyone here.

OK . . . I am putting that behind me, and will try and post here more. I need help to get back on track with my exercise. I have lost weight, but I don't think it's been in a healthy way. My IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) has flared up for the first time in years. It can be horrible pain, so bad that I actually become afraid to eat, for fear of an attack. I'm worried that when my bowel calms down and I get my appetite back, I'll regain weight. With only 5 pounds to reach my goal, I don't want to look back now!

OK, :smile: enough rant from me :grouphug: I'm gonna keep my head above Water and keep on swimming! Warm hugs to all.

Well, I found an old photo of me. I really wish I had been smart like so many here, who took full body pictures before their surgeries. The pictures below are only "head and shoulders", but I think they show the changes in weight loss!

The first photo is at my heaviest, 252 pounds (that's my great-nephew I'm holding, his one year birthday):

BeforePic.jpg

And this is my most recent picture, 157 pounds, taken about a few weeks ago:

Lori2.jpg

I'm think I'm gonna print out these pictures, and keep them in my purse - just to remind me to NEVER go back to where I was. oy.

I am SO thankful for the lap-band!

Edited by Lori_K
had to fix a picture

I'm sorry for not keeping up sooner.

My sister and I have birthdays coming up (they are a week apart) and her daughter will be making cakes for us both. I'll share some pictures! I'm going to be 45. It's honestly the first "age number" that has bothered me. It sounds so old!

I'm sorry I left' date=' I got a bit frustrated and angry with the lap-band forums (not at this forum or anyone here), and I decided I was taking things too seriously, and should probably take a break. I shouldn't have let my emotions get the better of me, and leave my friends here. My mistake, I am sorry. I do miss everyone here.

OK . . . I am putting that behind me, and will try and post here more. I need help to get back on track with my exercise. I have lost weight, but I don't think it's been in a healthy way. My IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) has flared up for the first time in years. It can be horrible pain, so bad that I actually become afraid to eat, for fear of an attack. I'm worried that when my bowel calms down and I get my appetite back, I'll regain weight. With only 5 pounds to reach my goal, I don't want to look back now!

I'm gonna keep my head above Water and keep on swimming! [/quote']

It is great to see you posting Rhapsody, keep posting, don't leave us again!! I feel badly that you didn't feel your contributions were appreciated..their loss, Rhap!! You always have such a calming nice spin on things, and I appreciate it!!

Age is a number! Repeat after me, age is a number!!! That's my mantra - and my age starts with a '5'.....how/when did that happen??!?! Enjoy the birthday!

5 pounds to reach goal - that is FABULOUS!! I am sorry about your IBS - take care of yourself!

Well' date=' I found an old photo of me. I really wish I had been smart like so many here, who took full body pictures before their surgeries. The pictures below are only "head and shoulders", but I think they show the changes in weight loss!

I'm think I'm gonna print out these pictures, and keep them in my purse - just to remind me to NEVER go back to where I was. oy.

I am SO thankful for the lap-band![/quote']

WOW!! You look great Rhap - you look young, healthy, happy -

and so close to goal!!! I am so proud of you....a little envious too, but mostly just so happy for you!!! :grouphug::thumbup::hurray::thumbup:

Awwww Tapshoes, you always make me smile! :wub: Thanks for all your sweet comments, I just love your upbeat spirit. Please please please don't have any envy! It's been hard work (can I get an "amen", lol) and the suppport here in this forum has helped contibute to my success. I will stay around, and hopefully give some of that support back! I so wish some of our other lap band double VV's would come back and let us know how they are doing.

Ok, I'm repeating . . . Age is a number, age is a number, age is a number! It's just not a number I like, lol :laugh:

Warm hugs and thanks again! :smile:

MOrning everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend! I got to spend some time yesterday in the garden - yahoo! I hired my nephew to help out - he is a big gentle giant, but I discovered that 'energy' is not his middle name! He needed me there every step of the way doing everything or else he would take a break, or move at a s-l-o-w pace. But with me there we made a lot of progress - in trimming trees, cutting and stacking lumber, removing sod, spreading soil, spreading grass seed, digging weeds....nothing like he imagined when I hired him to help me in the garden...I guess he thought of planting pretty flowers or something!!

I did ok foodwise...I did however have a snack last night:mad2: How sad is it i couldn't go a week without one? Oh well, try again this week....

Rhap - I too miss some of our VVs- but I have tried emailing and tried sending pm's - but to no avail. So, I can only guess/pray they are doing ok, and living a healthy happy life.

Please please please don't have any envy! It's been hard work (can I get an "amen"' date=' lol) [/quote']

You can have 2 AMENS on that one. I tell people... I've lost 58 pounds, and I've fought for every.single.one of them.

Hi, Guys.

Had a great week last week. Lost 4 pounds and then gained it all back on my "free day" on Saturday. Seriously, that sucks. I learned a lot, though. I'm going to do better this week.

I put new pictures of my cakes on my blog. They turned out cute. I am doing a wedding cake and matching sheet cake this week. Also preparing for our garage sale this Saturday and our move next Saturday! Eeek!

Edited by Shinyhappymommy
forgot my link

You can have 2 AMENS on that one. I tell people... I've lost 58 pounds, and I've fought for every.single.one of them.

And every single pound is a victory you can be proud of! :eek: It is such an uphill battle, with hunger and craving huge monsters in our way. But we have the lap-band to fight for us! Just keeping swimming! :sad:

SHM, I LOVE those cakes! That graduation cake is sooo cute, and I really love the flowers on the confirmation cake. The mix of different flowers and different colors is really beautiful. Buttercream . . . oy! My niece is making me a cake with buttercream frosting, and I sooo can't wait to chow down on it. It's my birthday, and I'll eat cake if I want too, lol! And I'm gonna be feeling what you probably are right now, good weight loss then regain. Ouch! I'm so sorry. But, we can't be perfect with this weight loss 100% of the time, gotta have those fun days, I know I'd go crazy if I didn't! I hope you enjoyed your free day :mad: Sounds like you have a lot of busy time ahead of you, another cake, garage sale, plus you're moving! Best of luck with all of that, and be sure to get pictures of the wedding cake. Did you take a class to learn how to do cake decorating? I think my niece did. I'd so love to be able to do something like that. At least learn how to make flowers, they are my favorite.