Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Victorious Valentines - Feb. 08 - MASTER THREAD!

Shiny - you are probably in the packing mania stage...that can take a lot out of you, in addition to everything else you do in your day. Just take that time for YOURSELF...you, you, you!

OK - I've been sending/posting messages to some of the long-lost VVs - Taismommy, Ezma, Gibson, JWBild, Rhapsody....someone else want to try to email/post a few others?

Jamie/RSG - You haven't posted in a few days...not that I'm monitoring you or anything... :rolleyes2:

Edited by tapshoes

LilMiss- You do whats right for you girl. If you feel like you need a change in your life and your job is negative, then I wish you nothing but good luck in finding one that fits your sparkling personality better.

Jaime- Did you use your elliptical often when you had it? I'm trying to decide between the elliptical or joining the 24 hour fitness by my house. IT's 24 a month. I have the wii fit at home, and I like it, but sometimes I just want to watch tv and work out. When I tried to do the elliptical at the gym it KILLED me, I couldn't even do five minutes, but I know it burns a lot more calories and you get a more complete workout than with the treadmill.

Tapshoes, it sounds like your fill is doing great things for you. I've been trying to pay attention to my own full signals. I cancelled my fill because I really think I don't need one, when I don't drink while I eat, I eat very little. I just have to NOT drink while I eat. I'm doing better, not perfect, but better.

I need to get in the packing stage! I have only picked up boxes and arranged for some of our services to be changed. Today is the day to actually get started.

Good morning all!

Tap, good idea with trying to get in touch with all our MIA VV's. It will be really nice to hear how they are!

SHM, no worries - you will get to your workout when you have time. One thing I know for myself is I'm always able to pick back up where I left off. I have no doubt it will be the same for you as well.

RSG, thank you girl! I need to hear that. I just don't understand how some poeple can be so poopy to others. I try so hard to be fair, honest and kind to everyone, even when they are completely nasty to me. I'm really being tested right now, I believe. I will pass though (trying to get those mean thoughts out of my head...) :thumbup:

Other than that I'm just enjoying being me! I'm STILL avoiding those dreaded chips. Who knew I could actually do it if I really REALLY tried? LOL!!

Morning all!

Diva - glad to hear your chip boycott is working.

Shiny - did you get your exercise in yesterday?

RSG - if your fitness club has a variety of things you could alternate - elliptical one day, tm another, and so on. That way you wouldn't get bored as quickly. For me, paying the money to join the Y makes me go; equipment at home I can ignore!! RE: drinking while you eat - that one is tough for so many. I just don't set a glass at the table at dinner, and at lunch (as I eat at my desk) I remove my coffee mug and bottled Water.- it's not a perfect solution, but it helps me.

A lovely Friday morning - although t-storms are forecast for this afternoon, right now the sun is shining and nary a cloud in the sky! Ive done my morning routine (today was a 35 minute brisk walk for the aerobics), and am at work with music playing, and a hot cup of coffee in hand!

Hope everyone's day is good; any exciting weekend plans?

As the weather is supposed to be warm (for here - 60ish), and sunny I predict I will spend time outside in the garden doing some raking, and cutting and planting....whoo hoo!

Edited by tapshoes
typo's....bad Tap. More caffeine is needed.

I had a rough day yesterday. I started my period. I had really thought I was pregnant. (And yes, I want to be.) I also started packing to move out of this house that I really, really love. I just felt so drained and weak. I just didn't have it in me to go running. So I asked hubby for a hug and to come on a family walk with me. We walked about 1.5 miles or maybe a little less. It was better than nothing.

At the end of the day I realized that the way I was feeling yesterday strongly resembled how I feel when I have depression. I do not like that at all. When I started thinking it through, though, I realized it was very healthy and normal to be feeling down with all I have had going on: My husband has yet to get the transfer (after a year of thinking it would be any time now), we have to leave this home, my weight loss has slowed down considerably and I'm not even pregnant. Phew. None of these things are earth shattering or devastating, but all together it is wearing on me.

So I went to bed earlier than normal, got up earlier than normal and made sure exercise was a first priority today. I went for a walk/run that was about 4.25 miles. I ran two of those miles and briskly walked the rest. I do love walking. It is such a powerful feeling to me to pump my arms and walk.

I started getting nervous about half way through my run because I didn't have any sunscreen on and I was starting to get burned. I worried about my face because I've been using an acne cream that specifically says in can increase the risk of sunburn. But, I think I fared okay. I'm slightly pink and there's no pain yet.

I weighed myself after my workout and I'm down 3 pounds from my ticker weight. I'm not going to change it just yet, I want to make sure that's for real. But things are going the right direction.

If I continue to make choices that lead me toward being strong and on the right path toward healthier living, I will get there. It may take a while, but God-willing, I have a long and happy life ahead of me.

<<<<<hugs>>>>>

Shiny, I am sorry that you had such a combination of factors all at once. And I am especially sorry that you are not pregnant...yet.

I know that you must be hurting, and with good reason, but I also believe you will get through this. The weight will go eventually (although all of it to go overnight would be my wish if I had a magic genie!).

Good for you to take that walk yesterday, and even better to get out today for your run.

We are here for you.

RSG, I used my elliptical 5 times a week or so when I had it here. I started off really slow, about 5 minutes the first two times, then 7, then 10, slowly moving up to 30 minutes within about 10 days. When I was trying to build up my time, I did it everyday, then started skipping a day here and there.

Melissa--I'm sorry you're feeling down and that you weren't pregnant this month.

I've been having some pain in my back and hips which I think are related to the birth. I'm going to see a chiropractor soon so maybe I can get that figured out. Right now whenever I start walking or working out, it hurts right off and I have to stop.

Jaime,

I know my sister had some pelvic displacement after childbirth and chiropractic took care of it. Good luck, I hope it's successful.

I have been learning a new skill: rolled fondant cakes. Here is a couple of pictures of my first real attempt.

post-227665-13813138336178_thumb.jpg

post-227665-13813138336578_thumb.jpg

Shiny - WOW!!! They look fabulous!! I must look this decorating style up, and see how complicated it is. The end results are wonderful!!!

Hope everyone had a good weekend - I was a good bandster (mostly)....ate properly, drank lots of Water, and got some exercise (severl hours outside on Saturday digging a garden, spreading lawn seed, trimming back last years growths, etc). For fun when to a garden center and bought some plants, admired others....I cant wait until I can spend time outside everyday gardening.

So my VVs, how were your weekends?

So I have to cover for another employee here so I'm coming in late and working until 8 pm.

The good thing is I had time to work out this morning.

When I got to work I emailed the owner of the elliptical that I wanted to purchase it, but she emailed me back and said she alreaady sold it....sooo gym it is.

Now I have to decide if I want to join the gym by my house. It's pretty pricey unless you want to sign a two year contract and I'm not sure I will be here in two years so now I dont know what to do. I do NOT want to sign a contract, I just want to work out, dang it!

Morning all! A rainy Tuesday, just as glad to be at work because I wouldn't be able to play in the dirt if I were off! But the walk to work was sorta soggy - 40 brisk minutes dodging splashing cars, and earthworms slithering on the sidewalk.

RSG-Hard to know what to do; I hate the idea of contracts too, another reason why I joined the Y - a monthly fee.

Hi guys. Sorry I've been gone so long but things got really busy and I wasn't in the right state of mind to be anywhere. I have some good and bad news.

We bought the new house and got all moved in, it's wonderful and made my hubby so happy. He passed away on April 11th and I'm still having a hard time believing that he's gone. During the last couple months I've been eating soooooooo bad. I put back on 30 something pounds and quit exercising. I just didn't have the time or energy nor did I care enough to take care of myself. But I'm back now and hopefully back on track. I keep reminding myself of how proud he was of me for all my hard work and how much he wanted me to feel good. I think it will be a great motivator. That and the caribbean cruise I'm thinking of taking my son on so we can spend some time together.

Forgive me if I ask questions that have already been posted but I really don't think I have time to get caught up reading the old posts.

Hope you're all doing well and I'm back to help motivate!