Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Victorious Valentines - Feb. 08 - MASTER THREAD!

Okay so we have been having a hard time and the thought has crossed many minds wondering if we are a dying breed. I say no way! I need you all, and I need to keep chatting away if I'm going to get anywhere near that finish line.

In one of the threads here it was suggested by another that we just create one master thread where we can communicate. Make it easier to stay in touch, and is something many of the other monthly groups do to stay in touch.

I know for me that is really important, and something we have never done before.

Please don't leave guys... check in! It doesn't even always have to be about losing weight or whatever. Just tell us all what's going on, whatever it is.

:)

I think the random musings thread was meant to be the master thread, but you've got a really good title going here. :thumbup: I guess we'll just see where people end up posting. Key here is that you guys post! Hello out there?

Ah I didn't know that... I was just going off what other montly bandsters do.

BT, you're half-way there!

You know there is always something I have to remember (one of many), that the average time it takes for a bandster to reach goal if they do is 3 years.

That's plenty of time. I think slower is better. It gives your brain time to adjust to your body.

I'm here too! Just lurking around as usual. I love the idea of a master thread. I find it easier to chime in than to try and start a conversation.

Today was a little rough. I ate everything that wasn't nailed down. Small quantities, but it seems like I ate all day.

Tomorrow's another day....

I'm here too! Just lurking around as usual. I love the idea of a master thread. I find it easier to chime in than to try and start a conversation.

Today was a little rough. I ate everything that wasn't nailed down. Small quantities, but it seems like I ate all day.

Tomorrow's another day....

want, just forget about yesterday. Something I say to myself is, I can't change the past - I can only change my future.

I have days like that too. I'm trying to eliminate them as much as possible. It's not easy! That's what we are all here for though. Support, in good times and bad times.

At least the band helps keep the volume down! :smile:

A big AMEN to that! I have no doubt that I would be well over 300 lbs. by now if not for the band.

Gonna dust myself off and keep on keeping on!

I've no particular loyalty to the 'Random musings' thread, so perhaps a moderator could 'smush' the postings into this one, or just kill the other one....as long as we keep posting!

So, I hope everyone had a great weekend, and for those who enjoyed too many sweets, it's over now; it was an appropriate seasonal indulgence, and everyone has those. Now, back to our new normal eating. I have a fill scheduled for this Saturday, and I'm hoping that will help with the seemingly endless apetite I have now. I have a conference in 6 weeks and I want to be as good as I can be until then; there will be people I haven't seen in 2 years there, and I am hoping for some jaw-dropping (how vain of me is that?).

The weather wasn't as great as I had hoped for the weekend, so I didn't get to play outside in the dirt, but I did get some house chores done (drapes aired etc), and watched a lot of movies, and relaxed. I did not do one spec of exercise....oh well, back to the usual routine of the Y today.

If we 'see' any of our fellow VV's in other threads, encourage them to post here occasionally...and if you have been lurking, come on and post! I'm anxious to know how Gibson, Cool Crystal, Medium Mike, Ezma, Mom to 2 boys, and many others are doing....

RSG how was your weekend away?

Shiny - sorry to read that your husband didn't get the job he was hoping for; onto the next one! Hope you find a good house to move into!

Blessed Twice - how are you doing?

Wantitband - great attitude

LilMiss - keep on keeping on...I am sorry to hear of your struggles, but you have been a good reality check for many with your postings. This IS hard, it ISN'T magic, there WILL be challenges....and you have the attitude and 'stick-to-it-iveness' to succeed.

I've no particular loyalty to the 'Random musings' thread, so perhaps a moderator could 'smush' the postings into this one, or just kill the other one....as long as we keep posting!

:) Great! I'm glad! I think if people see the "victorious valentines" it might gather some attention to other vv's. I do miss so many of them!

So, I hope everyone had a great weekend, and for those who enjoyed too many sweets, it's over now; it was an appropriate seasonal indulgence, and everyone has those. Now, back to our new normal eating. I have a fill scheduled for this Saturday, and I'm hoping that will help with the seemingly endless apetite I have now. I have a conference in 6 weeks and I want to be as good as I can be until then; there will be people I haven't seen in 2 years there, and I am hoping for some jaw-dropping (how vain of me is that?).

Thing is I did not indulge one bit. Sux to be me, but as it is my weight is dropping finally a little bit. I'm sure it's because I stopped taking that Symbicort. Darn steroids, they affect me wrong.

Best wishes with the fill - and I'm sure you WILL get those WOWS... I still get them even though I've gained then stopped losing. It's really bizarre. I know my fat is shifting. I've never had a shape that I have right now and I've been thin before.

The weather wasn't as great as I had hoped for the weekend, so I didn't get to play outside in the dirt, but I did get some house chores done (drapes aired etc), and watched a lot of movies, and relaxed. I did not do one spec of exercise....oh well, back to the usual routine of the Y today.

Thats right girl! Get your exercise on! I have been doing good too, and I always feel so much better when I do.

If we 'see' any of our fellow VV's in other threads, encourage them to post here occasionally...and if you have been lurking, come on and post! I'm anxious to know how Gibson, Cool Crystal, Medium Mike, Ezma, Mom to 2 boys, and many others are doing....

I'll definitely give em the heads up, we need them back over here! They are out having fun I'm sure. I need to get out more...

LilMiss - keep on keeping on...I am sorry to hear of your struggles, but you have been a good reality check for many with your postings. This IS hard, it ISN'T magic, there WILL be challenges....and you have the attitude and 'stick-to-it-iveness' to succeed.

Thanks tap, I'm really working hard on it. Still not perfect, but I've been more motivated and better than I have been in a long time. I surely do and I will stick it and I WILL succeed!

I'm feeling blah tonight as I need to drag myself to bed. I didn't exercise today and I ate way too much crap over the weekend, bleeding into the week. I made some amazing sugar Cookies and they are still in the kitchen, driving me crazy! Maybe I'll send them to work with hubby.

I'm feeling tired from this battle with cravings and food choices. I am not feeling strong right now and it's just been hard lately.

On a happy note, we found a nice rental to move in to. It's the same situation as this house, it will be on the market, subject to being shown and sold. We will have the freedom to move when we need to because hubby is certainly going to get that transfer at some point. Anyone? It's got to happen eventually. Ugh.

Anyway, I should probably post when I'm in a better mood and not so tired, but hopefully you guys love me anyway. :wub:

'Night.

my weight is dropping finally a little bit. I'm sure it's because I stopped taking that Symbicort. Darn steroids, they affect me wrong.

Just don't jeopordize your breathing as you get off steroids.

Best wishes with the fill - and I'm sure you WILL get those WOWS... I know my fat is shifting. I've never had a shape that I have right now and I've been thin before.

I still have fat to lose, and in the mirror I look EXACTLY the same...

Get your exercise on! I have been doing good too, and I always feel so much better when I do.

WEll, with me, I've been exercising faithfully for a year, and I still don't like it, I don't feel better when I do, I just know I have to do it. Particularly as my eating is not always the best.

Still not perfect, but I've been more motivated and better than I have been in a long time. I surely do and I will stick it and I WILL succeed!

You WILL succeed, LilMiss...you will!

I'm feeling tired from this battle with cravings and food choices. I am not feeling strong right now and it's just been hard lately.

On a happy note, we found a nice rental to move in to. It's the same situation as this house, it will be on the market, subject to being shown and sold. We will have the freedom to move when we need to because hubby is certainly going to get that transfer at some point. Anyone? It's got to happen eventually. Ugh.

Anyway, I should probably post when I'm in a better mood and not so tired, but hopefully you guys love me anyway. :wub:

'Night.

Shiny: First things first - YES we love you!

Re: the cravings, I know exactly what you mean!

I'm glad you found a nice rental, and YES, your hubby will get that transfer.

I had a bad night - between a Migraine, DH being called in to do a night shift AFTER a full day shift, and the notice from the tenants downstairs (AKA the mortgage assistant:rolleyes2:) that they are moving out, I spent the night tossing and turning, not sleeping! Now of course I'm exhausted, and still battling the remnants of the migraine...ugh!

Once the tenants move out, I will do a few things to the apartment (it desperately needs a new bedroom floor), and then hunt for a suitable tenant - always a challenge! It takes us a while to find someone we trust enough - and reference checking takes up soooo much time! But I had great tenants since we bought the house - 20 trouble-free months.

I'm feeling blah tonight as I need to drag myself to bed. I didn't exercise today and I ate way too much crap over the weekend, bleeding into the week. I made some amazing sugar Cookies and they are still in the kitchen, driving me crazy! Maybe I'll send them to work with hubby.

Anyway, I should probably post when I'm in a better mood and not so tired, but hopefully you guys love me anyway. :thumbup:

'Night.

Shiny you should always post, ESPECIALLY in times like this - not in spite of. This is a support website, and we are here to support you!

Times are going to be tough for us, and we aren't always going to be perfect bandsters. That's life, and I'm definitely a testament to that. No doubt! One thing I know though, is I'm getting through it, but I'd never have been able to climb out of this hole I'm in without all of you. You gals have been so helpful, even if maybe you don't think you have! I am very grateful to have you gals there to cheer me on, and to remind me to be successful you have to work on it!

My only advice is, yes, get rid of those cookies! LOL, someone brought in a pan full of brownies today at work... grrr... I could just knock em out with that pan!

Great deal on the house, I hope you will love it!

You WILL succeed, LilMiss...you will!

Thank you so much tap!! I so appreciate your kind words. I will succeed and do you know why? Because I'm working at it, that's why! I could just give up and say, whatever.. but I won't do that. I have a goal in mind and even if it takes me 5 years... I'm going to get it done!

As far as the symbicort goes, I don't know what else to say besides that I will take it as needed. I know how it feels when my asthma is flaring up and the first sign I will take it as prescribed until the symptoms go away. For now, I'm okay. I have to balance it out. If I were to take it everyday I'd blow up like a house. No matter how diligent I'm being with my healthy lifestyle.

:)

I had a lot of fun in New Orleans. I saw a long lost friend I haven't seen in years working at the Cafe Du Mondo.

I didn't diet, but I walked around five or six miles a day so I think it made up for it.

I still gained a pound, but I drug my gazelle out of the closet, all that walking felt really good so I am setting it up in front of the TV. I figure one movie = 1.5 hrs of exercise right? Thats good for me.

Oh and hello, my lovely lady VVs.

I had my gallbladder out last week. I'd been having some episodes that I thought were food sticking, but now I suspect it was my gallbladder. I haven't had anything like that since. I also feel like I'm eating less and my band seems to have tightened a little. Today I weighed 4 lbs less than I did when I checked into the hospital last week, which is almost miraculous to me. I'm really hoping I can get back on the bandwagon now and get moving again. I see my surgeon on the 22nd and will decide if I need another fill then.