Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Victorious Valentines - Feb. 08 - MASTER THREAD!

Jaime,

I'm so happy to see you post on this thread! I'm glad things are going well after your surgery. Keep us posted on how things go at the doctor's.

Thanks, All, for your kind words. I need to go running tonight. I will hold myself accountable to y'all. :)

I had a lot of fun in New Orleans. ..I didn't diet, but I walked around five or six miles a day so I think it made up for it.

all that walking felt really good so I am setting it up in front of the TV. I figure one movie = 1.5 hrs of exercise right? .

HI RSG - It sounds like you had a great long weekend, with lots of activity - YAY! And you are right, if you are going to spend the time watching a movie, combine that with some physical activity and you are doing great! Now, if only I could use that reasoning myself - so many times I forget to drag out the knitting or cross-stitch or sewing when watching a movie....

I had my gallbladder out last week. I'm really hoping I can get back on the bandwagon now and get moving again. .

Jamie - glad to see you posting; sorry to hear about your gall bladder...and 4 lbs lost is wonderful!

Jaime,

I need to go running tonight. I will hold myself accountable to y'all. :sneaky:

So Shiny, did you go running?

I was at the Y today and although I can't say I enjoyed it, at least it is daylight when I go in now, and just seeing the sunshine does wonders for my spirits!

It's Thursday already, and more than half-way through April - where is the time going????

Jaime, I'm glad to hear that having your gallbladder removed has helped you. Gallbladders being removed is common for people who have lost a lot of weight so quickly. Take care of yourself.

This morning I had a band experience. I have always had a problem with restriction... I've just never felt it after the first month of surgery. Not really. Maybe a few days after my fills, but they never lasted.

This morning I made myself a nutri-grain waffle. I always toast them pretty hard because I like them crunchy.

Now as most of you know I have a problem with drinking while Im eating, but I have been working hard on stoping that. It's VERY against the rules and for good reasons...but I couldn't seem to stop.

I've been doing good for a few weeks, but honestly I can still eat whatever I want, but I make myself stop before I get too full.

As I was eating my waffle I got a pain in my chest like it was stuck there. It hurt pretty bad so I gave the rest to my dog and starting walking around. Then I started gagging and I ran to the bathroom. I suppose what happened is I "slimed" though I had NEVER done that before. EVER. It was disgusting. I did PB once or twice, but ew.

Anyway, turns out I do have a band in there. I thought it had melting away seven months ago.

RSG - As weird as this sounds, your experience was wonderful!! Not the pain part, but the reality of restriction and the band! :sneaky:

Yes I did run yesterday. More than normal because I wanted to watch the whole American Idol results show while at the gym. So I ran 2.5 miles and walked probably another half a mile or more. Felt great.

Yesterday I was in the kitchen trying to entertain my 2 year old as he was whining in the high chair. I started doing jumping jacks which he loved. I kept doing them and realized they were surprisingly easy. I kept going until I had done 50 of them and could have kept going for another 50 I think. Very cool NSV.

Yesterday I was in the kitchen trying to entertain my 2 year old as he was whining in the high chair. I started doing jumping jacks which he loved. I kept going until I had done 50 of them and could have kept going for another 50 I think. Very cool NSV.

You're right Shiny, a very cool NSV! (I don't think I've done a jumpting jack since high school - many decades ago!!)

Jumping jacks are fun, but I can't do 50, more like 25.

shiny, I am very impressed with your dedication.

Tapshoes- I am glad it happened too, It was just such a surprise. Why would it happen now? Weird.

I had my gallbladder out last week. I'd been having some episodes that I thought were food sticking, but now I suspect it was my gallbladder. I haven't had anything like that since. I also feel like I'm eating less and my band seems to have tightened a little. Today I weighed 4 lbs less than I did when I checked into the hospital last week, which is almost miraculous to me. I'm really hoping I can get back on the bandwagon now and get moving again. I see my surgeon on the 22nd and will decide if I need another fill then.

Jaime, it's so nice to see you!! I'm also glad to hear you are doing well from having surgery. I haven't had any problems with my gall bladder, but from what I hear it's pretty common with bandster or WLS folks. Losing weight quickly can cause some issues for us.

I hope that you will join us more, we miss you! :sneaky:

I was at the Y today and although I can't say I enjoyed it, at least it is daylight when I go in now, and just seeing the sunshine does wonders for my spirits!

It's Thursday already, and more than half-way through April - where is the time going????

I love that sunshine too! I makes me feel so good and relaxed yet upbeat at the same time. Most are commenting on my tan I'm starting to get. It's so nice to go out and walk for a few miles during lunch. I just feel amazing and so in control afterward! I love it!!

This morning I had a band experience. I have always had a problem with restriction... I've just never felt it after the first month of surgery. Not really. Maybe a few days after my fills, but they never lasted.

This morning I made myself a nutri-grain waffle. I always toast them pretty hard because I like them crunchy.

Now as most of you know I have a problem with drinking while Im eating, but I have been working hard on stoping that. It's VERY against the rules and for good reasons...but I couldn't seem to stop.

I've been doing good for a few weeks, but honestly I can still eat whatever I want, but I make myself stop before I get too full.

As I was eating my waffle I got a pain in my chest like it was stuck there. It hurt pretty bad so I gave the rest to my dog and starting walking around. Then I started gagging and I ran to the bathroom. I suppose what happened is I "slimed" though I had NEVER done that before. EVER. It was disgusting. I did PB once or twice, but ew.

Anyway, turns out I do have a band in there. I thought it had melting away seven months ago.

Well, I guess that has alot to do with you not drinking while eating. The band is restricted for you which is a good thing. I've personally never slimed either, but I think it has alot to do with the fact when I do start to feel stuck I'll sip tiny bits of pineapple juice. I've got a fear of vomiting so I do that for fear of it, and it really helps. I know that's not what you want to hear because you're trying to avoid the drinking. For me though, it's almost to the point where I can't even eat without it. No matter though, along with my slim shots a small meal, even if I'm drinking my pineapple juice will last until it's time to eat again.

Yes I did run yesterday. More than normal because I wanted to watch the whole American Idol results show while at the gym. So I ran 2.5 miles and walked probably another half a mile or more. Felt great.

Yesterday I was in the kitchen trying to entertain my 2 year old as he was whining in the high chair. I started doing jumping jacks which he loved. I kept doing them and realized they were surprisingly easy. I kept going until I had done 50 of them and could have kept going for another 50 I think. Very cool NSV.

WoOoOHoOo Shiny!! You rock on girl! You keep me motivated, thanks so much for that. You're doing such a great job. And what a great idea, doing jumping jacks and entertaining the little guy at the same time... LOL!!

Another beautiful day and another chance to make this work!

Jamie- I sure hope that having your gallbladder taken out cures what has been ailing you.

Shiny- I haven't thought of jumping jacks in years! I am going to have to give it a try. (I immediately got a mental picture of black eyes. HA! Guess my jumping jacks will involve a really tight sports bra or an ace bandage!!) LOL. Things just aren't where they used to be, ya know?

Ready- I am also glad that you had a true band experience. Sliming is the worst! I had an episode myself and I was amazed at the quantity. Where does all of that stuff come from?? I was blowing bubbles trying to get it all out. Sorry....TMI :smile2:.

LilMiss- I have read on here before that steroids mess with a lot of people's weight loss. UG! You have a great attitude. It is a journey and you will get there! We all will!!!

Tap- Good luck with finding a new tenant. Twenty months without problems is a great record. Just think: renovating an apartment= excersize! You are killing two birds with one stone...at least that is how I reason with myself when it comes to housework :sneaky:.

Good morning and Happy Thursday!

Edited by AngelaW

Morning all, and happy Friday!

Although this was a short week for me, it felt just as long as a regular one - funny how that is, right? I am looking forward to the weekend - the weather is supposed to be good (at least for here), I'm getting another fill, I'm getting my mop of hair cut, and then taking my mother out for her birthday dinner (which will be interesting as I will be on liquids :blink:).

What's everyone else up to? any weekend plans? Any VVs out there lurking who want to jump in and have a chat...Cool Crystal, Ezma, MediumMike, Gibson, Audone, etc.....

We're having lots of rain today and maybe tomorrow too. It sure beats snow!

I need to go running today. I will have to be smart about my day in order to fit it in. I didn't do it yesterday. Just didn't feel like it. Doesn't that suck? I need more motivation!

I haven't weighed myself since Tuesday. My weight going up was stressing me out and I just don't want to see it. I'll make myself do it on Tuesday, but I doubt I'll do it before then. (I'm normally a daily weigher.)

Have a great day, you guys.

We're having lots of rain today and maybe tomorrow too. It sure beats snow!

I need to go running today. I didn't do it yesterday. Just didn't feel like it. Doesn't that suck? I need more motivation!

I haven't weighed myself since Tuesday. I'll make myself do it on Tuesday, but I doubt I'll do it before then. (I'm normally a daily weigher.)

Hi Shiny - Rain beats snow ANY DAY!!! I hope you can get in your run - you are meaning running on a tm, not out in the rain, right??

Give up the daily weighing - you will drive yourself nuts!

Edited by tapshoes
weird typo - upi instead of you????

Woot! It's finally Friday!

Weighing daily is a hard habit to break. My biggest issue is throwing in the towel for the day when I make a bad food choice. Instead of accepting my little slip and making a healthier choice at the next meal, I tend to just say "to heck with it" and eat poorly the rest of the day.

Of course I always tell myself that I can start fresh tomorrow.....

I have to retrain myself to think meal by meal instead of day by day. I will never get to goal on my current way of thinking GAH!!

My biggest issue is throwing in the towel for the day when I make a bad food choice. Instead of accepting my little slip and making a healthier choice at the next meal, I tend to just say "to heck with it" and eat poorly the rest of the day.

I will never get to goal on my current way of thinking GAH!!

Well, not to encourage a bad habit, but you ARE making progress. It just might be somewhat faster if you adopted a meal by meal approach....

This is the challenge for me - I know in my head what I should/should not do, but it is making my mouth obey that's the issue!!!