Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Victorious Valentines - Feb. 08 - MASTER THREAD!

Morning all!

Shiny - that sounds like a great challenge! How long does it last?

Ezma - glad to hear you have been getting some walking in...What's your alternative given the blister issue? Biking? or WI fit? or swimming?

I was a blob yesterday - I didn't go to the Y, or walk to or from work, nor did I play in the garden (it was raining). I was just a blob..and I must say, I LOVED it!! But today is another day, so walking to work it is - even though it is raining....;)

In my last attempt to round up some of our lost VVs, I sent emails to 15 of our 'used to be regulars but haven't seen them in ages' VVs...lets see if that works! Really I want to know how we are all doing...and wouldn't it be great to have Rhapsody, Jax, Cool Crystal, Glou etc give an update?

I hope all is well with everyone....

I'm still here, lurking from time to time. I'll admit it isn't as easy to pop in and out with a 6 page master thread to read. LOL

My weight loss has been...erm... slow and not so steady. But I'm getting there.

I just updated my blog today if you wanna read all about it:

My Lapband / Running Journey

Hi Angie - Great to see you post, and CONGRATULATIONS on making wonderland! And planning to run a 5K. ;):w00t:;)

(I popped over and read your blog...I've added it to my regular blogs to read - now if only I could get motivated to be as active as you!!)

The challenge is for 12 weeks. It's actually online and open to anyone, so if anyone else wants to do it, contact me and I'll get you the info.

Hey, Angie. Nice to see you again.

This is me about to cross the finish line at my first ever official 5k!

Woot!

img6949s.jpg

I did the Couch to 5k program, and today was my last day of it. I purposely registered to run a race the last day so that I wouldn't slack off. 1laugh.gif

I was pretty slow but hey look - people are behind me - and I ran the whole time! 1wink.gif

Then tonight at 6 I played soccer.

I think I've had enough exercise for today, eh?

I just wanted to stop by and wish all the moms here a Happy Mother's Day . . . I hope your day was special in every way!

I have missed chatting here . . . I've been through some bad health issues, but I'm trying to get back into things. Sorry I was gone for so long, just dealing with pain in my body and in my spirit. ;) I am gonna try and catch up in this very long thread . . . good to see the chatter, I'd like to join in again :unsure:

Angie, that is an awesome picture, big congratulations on your 5K!

hope everyone is still swimming ...

It's Monday morning, my VVs. A new week, a new chance to make the band work for us!

I hope everyone had a great weekend, and those who are mom's had a special day yesterday.

Angie - FANTABULOUS!!!! You ran the 5K - RAN it, WOW!!! Who cares if there was 1 or a 1000 people ahead or behind you, the point is, YOU RAN IT!!:wub::thumbup:

Rhapsody - I am SO glad to see you posting. I hope your health issues are over! We have missed your posts; don't leave us again!:crying::crying:

Shiny, Jamie, Ezma - did you get your exercise in this weekend?

I spent most of Saturday cleaning the apartment my tenant vacated - she was a good tenant but not the cleanest person...I doubt if she ever wiped off the microwave hood, or cleaned behind the stove! It took me 3 hours and 7 buckets of hot sudsy Water to clean JUST the tiny kitchenette! :thumbup::frown::thumbup:

I'm getting very frustrated with myself - I can tell that I have stabilized at a weight that I am not happy with, but I'm not really inclined to 'go the extra mile' to break it...self-sabotage is very easy to do! This week I will TRY to not snack after supper...small steps. Let's see if I can go one week without munching after supper...I will post here for accountability!

How is everyone doing?

Hello!

Sorry I have been out for awhile. I have been super extremely busy and needed to get some things taken care of. I am doing really well and *thank you* tap, you are sweet to check in on me! (((((hugs)))))

I just have limited time now, especiallys since we are moving this weekend... ugh! It's a nice house though, and maybe when I get it all pertied up I'll take a few piccies for you all. :frown:

Ezma, I am so truly sorry to hear of your loss. Just know you're in my thoughts and wish you a speedy mental recovery. It's not easy - I do know that, but you have just gone through something much worse than I ever have. Therefore, I totally understand your sliding back. No worries, just hang in there. You are doing good already, with the first step being ready to take action once again.

Shiny, best wishes on finding a house! Your cakes sound and look fabulous. Now, to get those yummy images out of my head! LOL!! Good luck on getting your own little bun in the oven... hehe ;o)

tap, sounds like you are staying strong, and thank you for keeping us up and adam! We need you - you are like the glue of us VV's. *thumbs up!*

angie, nice to see you! Keep up the great work!

RSG, miss you!!

VV's, check in!! And a Happy Mother's Day to all the Mommies out there. :-D

Ah, drat!! PS, no I still HAVE NOT EATEN ANY CHIPS!!

YAY!!

Today is day 30... :-D

Hey, Guys.

Still hanging in there. I started the challenge today. I'm thinking I haven't been getting enough Water because drinking my required Water today has me in the bathroom more than usual.

I had a rough exercise on Saturday. I went for a walk, tried going three miles and for some reason it was awful. I was very cold, didn't take a jacket because it was nice out, but the wind made it too cold. My back was hurting me like crazy and I just wanted to be home. I did it though. Didn't really have any choice since I had walked 1.5 miles away from home I had to walk the rest back. Most of my runs have been easier than that!

I think we have a place to rent. It's smaller and more run down than our current place, but it's at least something.

Sorry if my posting pictures of cake on this thread is too tempting! I think of it more from an art-form perspective, but it is truly fattening food. Here's my blog link: Cakes by Melissa

That way you can go there if you want to see them, and avoid it if you'd rather not. :thumbup:

I did make a couple of great cakes last week. I'm proud of them. I have three more to do this week.

Morning everyone!

Shiny - The cakes are beautiful...and the golfers cake may get recreated for an event I have coming up! Question: when do you add the food coloring (?) to get the different colors of fondant? Sorry the house isn't just perfect, but I'm sure you will have it ship-shape in no time!

LilMiss - Glad to see you back! Thank heavens - I was getting worried. Your no chip achievement is fabulous- YAY you!!! We'd love to see pics of your house too.

I managed night 1 without snacking....it was tough, but I did it. I guess that really is where my extra calories were sneaking in...well, that and the portion size of the snack. Maybe one pudding wasn't toooooo bad, but 4?!?? I'm compulsive. So, snacking (for a while) is now out of the question - let's see if I can match Lil Miss' record!!

Tap,

If you need an entire batch of one color, you should add it right after melting the marshmallows, then as you knead the sugar in, the whole thing will be colored. Otherwise, you add it after refrigerating it overnight. You microwave it in small intervals (10 seconds) until it's soft and then you can knead it in then.

Thanks Shiny...I really must try the fondant decoration for the next 'special' cake I do...let's see, what event is coming up?? What are the cakes you are making this week?

I am day 2 without an evening snack....yay!!! Of course, I think I try to compensate for it by eating more at dinner, but thankfully the band doesn't let me be a complete pig!

So, I've been slacking on the physical activity...I have been walking every day, but I am trying to get the apartment spiffed up for the next tenant, and there is so much to do I am spending hours at that every night. Last night I primed the bedroom; tonight I will put on the first coat of paint. The goal is to have it completed by this weekend, but I just don't know if I will make it.

Where are th other VVs and how are you all doing?