Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Victorious Valentines - Feb. 08 - MASTER THREAD!

Congrats on your engagement! A size 2? Wow, I can't even imagine. I'll be surprised if I'm ever below a size 10. That's wonderful success you've had.

I tell people... I've lost 58 pounds, and I've fought for every.single.one of them.

Yes indeed - and those pesky pounds fight back!!!

I put new pictures of my cakes on my blog. They turned out cute. I am doing a wedding cake and matching sheet cake this week. Also preparing for our garage sale this Saturday and our move next Saturday! Eeek!

Shiny - You are a very talented cake decorator, and obviously great at multi-tasking!! You have a very busy week coming up!

My niece is making me a cake with buttercream frosting' date=' and I sooo can't wait to chow down on it. It's my birthday, and I'll eat cake if I want too, lol! [/quote']

Happy Birthday (belated) Rhap!!!! I hope you enjoyed every mouthful of the cake!! And we are not striving for perfection - we are striving to be normal - weights and attitude to food.< /p>

Hi everyone Drive by post I'm doing great recently got engaged I'm down to a size 2 and holding steady at 130..

WOW!!! You sure pack a punch in your brief messages SMS! Great to see you give an update; congrats on the engagement; and size 2 - I can't even imagine it! Congratulations!!!!

I'll be surprised if I'm ever below a size 10.

Ditto!!!

Morning everyone! Hope all are doing well....so much for my no snacking at night...I blew it again last night! If at first you don't succeed, should you quit????:purplebananna::blink::Banane01: Just joking. I will try again today.

As of today, I am recommitting to my band. I am so tired of watching the scale creep upward. I have to do this. I refuse to gain back the weight I've lost. I've been hoping to lose 10 lbs by the time I see my surgeon again, but that's 2 weeks from tomorrow so I'm not sure if I can manage that now. I'll take anything at this point though. I'm going to start tracking my calories again, drinking all my Water and exercising. Wish me luck!

Happy Birthday (belated) Rhap!!!! I hope you enjoyed every mouthful of the cake!! And we are not striving for perfection - we are striving to be normal - weights and attitude to food.< /p>

WOW!!! You sure pack a punch in your brief messages SMS! Great to see you give an update; congrats on the engagement; and size 2 - I can't even imagine it! Congratulations!!!!

Morning everyone! Hope all are doing well....so much for my no snacking at night...I blew it again last night! If at first you don't succeed, should you quit????:blush::blink::frown: Just joking. I will try again today.

Thanks for the birthday wishes Tap! But they're not belated, my birthday is May 22nd, but I'm not celebrating it until May 30th - my sister's birthday is a week after mine, so we Celebrate together. I'll see the birthday cakes on May 30th (my niece is making her mom one too of course!) and I'll post some pictures :lol: So I gotta stick to the diet thing, 'cus I know I'll probably gain a pound or two. Those kinda sweets always get me! :huh2:

I agree, smsmithart really did pack a punch of info in one swift message! Congratz on your engagement, the size 2, and all the weight you lost! Yeah I will never see a size 2 either, lol. I'd be happy with a size 10 (I'm a size 12 right now). I think if I got rid of the SKIN on my stomach I would probably be a smaller size. I feel like I'm wearing someone's skin besides mine! :smile2:

Aww, no quitting Tap! lol :redface: Just keep swimming! I know you can do it! :wub: Actually, I save some of my calories for eating a snack at night - yes I still track calories on Fitday (a bit more loosely now), it's just become a daily routine for me. Hang in there Tap! :crying:

As of today, I am recommitting to my band. I am so tired of watching the scale creep upward. I have to do this. I refuse to gain back the weight I've lost. I've been hoping to lose 10 lbs by the time I see my surgeon again, but that's 2 weeks from tomorrow so I'm not sure if I can manage that now. I'll take anything at this point though. I'm going to start tracking my calories again, drinking all my Water and exercising. Wish me luck!

I wish you the VERY best of luck Jaime! Applause to you for not giving up, and recommitting. :redface: You can do it!

As of today, I am recommitting to my band. I am so tired of watching the scale creep upward. Wish me luck!

Good luck Jamie! The VVs are behind you - actually, more like arm-in-arm with you as there seem to be a number of us struggling...such as myself!

Thanks for the birthday wishes Tap! But they're not belated' date=' my birthday is May 22nd, but I'm not celebrating it until May 30th -

I think if I got rid of the SKIN on my stomach I would probably be a smaller size. I feel like I'm wearing someone's skin besides mine! :unsure:

[/quote']

Well then, happy birthday in advance!!! I too think I could be a smaller size, and more importantly, more content if I got rid of the extra skin on my gut, and hoisted 'the girls' to somewhere north of the equator! I am even starting to have dreams about plastic surgery - no kidding. Real, asleep at night, dreams about it. BUT, it is so expensive:crying:, and really, at my age, is it even worthwhile? Will I get $10K (or more) pleasure out of it???

LOL size 2 wow. Yeah. Maybe if I had a terminal illness. lol

:laugh::):lol:

Morning all...it's 545 am, and I should be at the Y by now; gotta get moving. Catch you all later.........

Hello, All.

I should be sorting and pricing items for the garage sale, but here I am on the computer. I'm getting off, soon. :cursing:

I have been doing well. My weight is up and down so much I think I'm going to go back to weighing once a week for a while.

I went running today. It's been a while since I did that. I went two miles and it felt great. (Hard, but great.)

I've got a wedding cake and sheet cake to finish up today and then I'll be done with cakes until at least after we move.

Hubby had a job interview yesterday (over the phone) and so we're waiting to hear if a long-distance move might be in the near future.

Happy Birthday in a couple of days, Rhapsody.

Jaime, good luck with your restart. Lil Miss is a great example of restarting as many times as you need to in order to get going again.

Tap, how was the Y?

ACKKKK!!! Last night I came home from work with the intentions of going outside and working in the garden, but the roofers were here - finally! There were shingle bits, grit, and wrapping plastic etc raining down, so I was better off inside EXCEPT for the noise, and banging, and the raid I then made on the kitchen :mad2::tt2::smile::blink: I ate and ate and ate, PB'd ( a RARE event for me), and then ate some more.....what is wrong with me???? My estimates: 2000 calories between 4pm and bedtime. Lunacy. insanity. stupidity...you name it. Why do I do these things?

Oh well, that was yesterday. Today I will stick with liquids, try to do a little more physical activity, and move on.....grumble grumble grumble.

Awwwww, ((((Warm Hugs)))) Tap! Maybe you just needed a night with a break from the routine. If it helps any, you were not alone! I did a bit of insane eating last night - I ate FRIED chicken (honestly- first fried food I can remember in FOREVER), plus cole slaw, then later in the evening pigged out on tortilla chips (and I really don't care much for them, I hate salty stuff, I crave sweets), plus a glass of chocolate (soy) milk. OUCH! :eek:What the heck was wrong with me???? Maybe whatever possessed you got to me too, lol! :thumbup: Then I got on the scale this morning, I'm back up two pounds. (HEAVY sigh). Back to the plan, I've been doing good today (so far). :smile2:

At least you'll have a nice new roof Tap! :laugh:

Thanks Rhap, I appreciate your thoughts! Yes, last night was somewhat better - not great, but better! At least the calorie count was a LOT less than the night before!

The weekend is forecast to be nice and sunny, so I am hoping I will spend my time outside playing in the dirt, rather than inside eating, nibbling, eating, and pigging out!!!

I hope everyone is doing well - enjoy this long holiday weekend everyone!!

Tap-

That's rough. It never feels good after so much indulgence. It's a huge reality check, isn't it? You are so determined, I know you'll bounce back fully. I know you already are.

I had a not so great moment yesterday. I ate dinner and then tried to eat my dessert (cantaloupe with slow churned, sugar free butter pecan ice cream). I was too full from dinner, but under a time constraint for my challenge, so I tried to get a couple of bites down. Stupid, stupid, stupid! I got stuck and was terribly uncomfortable. I had to spit in a cup for more than a half an hour. It just wasn't resolving at all, so I went in the bathroom and for the first time in my whole life I made myself throw up. Well, made myself pb, anyway. I realize the possible danger of that move, but I needed (and got) relief right away.

Other than that, my second week of the challenge has gone well. I didn't have any pig out days. My weight isn't moving as much as I'd like. But you know, as long as I know I'm making good choices, it doesn't bother me as much if my weight isn't moving. Because I know it's not because of what I am or am not doing. I know it's just what my body needs to do right now. Not that I'm not anxious to keep losing, but I have to realize that plateaus happen and will stop happening again at some point.

I am finished with cakes for now. The latest set for the wedding are on my blog.

Our garage sale is tomorrow. We have the garage mostly set up. The task now is to keep finding more things to purge and sell and fill it up as much as we can. The ad said that items remaining after 11:00 a.m. will be free. I figure if I've already decided to get rid of it, why bring it back into my home if there is someone who can use it? Or even someone who wants to sell it on ebay! :thumbup:

Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful day and that you're able to make choices that help you feel victorious when it's all over. :lol:

Hi Shiny - I know the relief that comes with PBing...hard on your system, but sometimes it has to be done!

Re: garage sale - great idea to give everything remaining away; I'm sure some people will hold off on doing anything until the end hoping to get stuff for free, but the real keeners will be there early. I haven't been to a garage sale in a long time....I used to frequent them, but haven't in years.

Have a successful sale, and keep up the challenge!!

I had a not so great moment yesterday. I ate dinner and then tried to eat my dessert (cantaloupe with slow churned, sugar free butter pecan ice cream).

Ooooo . . . that sounds so tasty! I love cantaloupe, and butter pecan ice cream is a favorite too. Sorry you got stuck on it though. I've been there when I've made myself throw-up, I just can't bear the pain of being stuck anymore. And I hate the slime part. It really does feel like barfing up a small jellyfish. :thumbup:

Melissa, the wedding cakes are beautiful! I love the flowers of course :lol: Best of luck to you with your garage sale.

Happy Memorial Day to all, have a safe weekend!

Morning everyone! HOpe you are all planning for a fun, safe holiday weekend!! I'm heading out into the garden shortly - lots to do!!

I had another moderately good day yesterday - not great, but not horrific either. Time to get outside and burn some calories to compensate...but I don't think BBQ is on my menu today. I'll try to take it easy in the food department - DH is working evenings so it'll be just me to feed. This should make it easier, right????

Play safe, drive sober everyone!