Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Victorious Valentines - Feb. 08 - MASTER THREAD!

I've missed you guys so much. It was like a giant hole that I didn't know was there. Starting my day like this makes everything so much easier. Thank you for being there.

Now I'm off to walk the the 'Rents. You're welcome to join us wherever you are.

Tap - how are you doing today?

It is so nice to see the "you have a new reply" popping up in my inbox again. I hadn't realized how much I missed it.

Yesterday I stuck to my plan, no ice cream or chocolate, only three meals and 64 ounces of plain Water. (not counting the 32 ounces of white tea) I read somewhere that white tea is good for weight control so I am trying to drink several cups a day. It tastes better than green tea. It also helps curb the nibbles that I get when I'm bored.

I'm out for a walk again at lunch.

Yesterday I stuck to my plan, no ice cream or chocolate, only three meals and 64 ounces of plain Water. (not counting the 32 ounces of white tea) I read somewhere that white tea is good for weight control so I am trying to drink several cups a day. It tastes better than green tea. It also helps curb the nibbles that I get when I'm bored.

Wow . . . white tea? I've never heard of this before! I love learning something new. I drink green tea right now. Can you get the white tea in any grocery store, or is it a specialty thing? And congratz on sticking to plan! I did good yesterday too, jogged two miles on my treadmill (gotta work back up to 3!) and stayed on plan - I had a chocolate craving, and almost took a drink of chocolate soy milk (that we keep for my son) - then I remembered my promise here in the forum, and I put it back! Dang that was hard, but I did it. These posts do help! Big thanks to everyone! :ack2:

Hi All

Not alot happening here and especially not any exercise. I had been going to curves 3/4 times a week but the last 6 weeks I haven't been at all. This was because my band was too tight I wasn't getting enough of anything and was exhausted by 4pm. I'm alot better now although I need another tiny unfill.

I can relate to missing weeks of exercise, it's hard to get started again. I missed a lot when my IBS was acting up, I was just too exhausted. I was doing doing 5K (3.1 miles) on my treadmill, now I'm down to 2 miles. But I'm back on plan now, and back up on the treadmill and working. Whenever it decides to stop raining around here, I'm gonna get back outside on my bike. It's good to hear from you Nicole, hang in there! Perhaps once you get that tiny unfill you can start going back to Curves again - even if once or twice a week. It's good to start back slowly. :frown: Let us know how you do!

Angie - More and more running - you and Shiny sound like a pair. I just cannot for the life of me see the 'fun' in it, but hey, whatever works for you is great.

I so wish I could run like they do! I'm almost to goal, and I still can't run like that. Jog perhaps, but not run. Maybe once I hit the 100 pound weight loss mark, I'll try and get my weight a little lower. Not much though, I already feel like I'm in someone else's skin. WTG Shiny and Angie! :welldone2:

Lori - Isn't it weird how everyone's doc has different goals for them? And the combinations of height/weight and dress sizes have me bewildered beyond belief! It is not a competion for me, but I always look at the heights/weights/dress sizes that some people post and I just dont get it....how can someone (for example) be shorter than I am, weigh the same and be 4 dress sizes smaller??? ARGHHH!!!

Oy, amen to that! I get bewildered myself, so many things are different between doctors, from diets to weight loss. I completely trust my surgeon though, and I think everyone should listen to their own doctor (of course). But I do know where you're coming from! The heights/weight/dress sizes are so different. I guess it shows how individual we all really are. And just as frustrating - clothes sizes in stores! I can wear a size 10/12 from some designers, others I need a 14/16 (I HATE it when that happens). I like shopping, but even after losing so much weight, it's still frustrating, especially when I'm also "petite". Still, it is nice having so many more choices! I'm no longer limited to those plus size stores. :thumbup:

I am going on a business trip next week and am HATING the thought of it...7 days of meetings from 800 to 4, then dinners every evening. What are the chances I will get through that week without having some non-good food choices?? And stick to portion sizes??? I've gotta be extra good this week to help offset what will probably be a difficult time! And where am I going to fit some type of exercise in??

Good luck on your business trip Tap! 7 days of meetings does not sound fun. I don't know where you are staying, but if a hotel, maybe they will have a fitness center? Or even a pool - after sitting in a meeting all day, a nice swim would be refreshing and help you sleep better. Just suggestions! I do the same thing when I know I'll be faced with a difficult day or week - try to stay on plan the week before and after. Then just enjoy yourself (in moderation :clap:) the week you are away.

OK, I'm gonna die! seven laps around the track in the sun may have been too much. I think tomorrow I may do the city streets in the shade. It's harder to calculate but not so hot. It's 88 degrees here today. 2.25 miles, plus I did half a mile on the way to work and will walk back to the train station after work so total of 3.25 for the day, up for 3 yesterday. I think I'm back on track. I had half a bagel and cream cheese for breakfast(keeps me from wanting to eat anything else for the rest of the morning. I'm still really tight. For lunch it will be ham and cheese roll-ups (2 T of light cheese in a slice of low fat ham and nuke for 20 seconds. I eat about four of those for lunch to get my Protein where it needs to be and for dinner half of a chicken fajita roll-up. I am a cheap date. I can make an Applebee's meal last three meals. Eat the veggies the first day and half the roll-up the next two. Probably not the healthiest option but it tastes good. I stayed under 1200 calories according to "The Daily Plate" so hopefully I'm OK

Hope everyone is having a terrific day!

I buy white tea at the grocery store. Some of them have it and some of them don't. Revolution makes a great one with pear. Bentley's has an amazing ginger peach, STASH has a plain one and a Chai white tea that is pretty good. The flavor of white tea is much lighter than black tea and it has less cafeine so I guess that is good.

Angie - More and more running - you and Shiny sound like a pair. I just cannot for the life of me see the 'fun' in it, but hey, whatever works for you is great.

Not sure I really enjoy it DURING, but I sure feel like I accomplished something AFTER. Enough so to make it worth it. :frown:

Hey, if you are on your feet and moving forward it is running.

I've missed you guys so much. It was like a giant hole that I didn't know was there.

Well, WE knew the hole was there - we missed you! :sad: But, now that you are back, all is good! :scared2: Now if we could just entice some of the others who have wandered away - RSG; CoolCrystal; Mom of 2; etc

Yesterday I stuck to my plan, no ice cream or chocolate, only three meals and 64 ounces of plain Water.

I'm out for a walk again at lunch.

YAY!!!!:crying:

Keep it up.

I did good yesterday too, jogged two miles on my treadmill (gotta work back up to 3!) and stayed on plan - Dang that was hard, but I did it.

I can relate to missing weeks of exercise, it's hard to get started again. I was doing doing 5K (3.1 miles) on my treadmill, now I'm down to 2 miles. But I'm back on plan now, and back up on the treadmill and working. Whenever it decides to stop raining around here, I'm gonna get back outside on my bike.

I do the same thing when I know I'll be faced with a difficult day or week - try to stay on plan the week before and after. Then just enjoy yourself (in moderation :wink:) the week you are away.

And YAY to you Lori for staying on plan - eating right, and building up the exercise again. And almost to goal?!?!? WOW!!! Go Lori, Go Lori!!!!:drool::thumbup:

I am packing my workout clothes to take on the trip, and even if I have to walk around the hotel grounds 100 times at midnight I will get in some exercise 4 of the 7 days I am at the conference! I hope I can do more sensible things like use a fitness facility, but the schedule is jam-packed and time is very limited.

OK, I'm gonna die! seven laps around the track in the sun may have been too much. I think tomorrow I may do the city streets in the shade. It's 88 degrees here today. 2.25 miles, plus I did half a mile on the way to work and will walk back to the train station after work so total of 3.25 for the day, up for 3 yesterday. I think I'm back on track. I stayed under 1200 calories according to "The Daily Plate" so hopefully I'm OK

Take care in that heat....you don't want to suffer sunstroke! And yes indeed, it sounds like you really are back on the plan - exercise and eating properly!

Oh and I doubt anyone would call what I do "running". LOL

Welllll........for my money, it is running! Options for foot power are walking or running. If you aren't walking.....:wub:

OKAY - I think I'm caught up on all the posts! It's a wonderful thing to see people back here!

I was mostly good yesterday - I got in the exercise, and ate healthy.Could I have done more and eaten less? Yes. But, I am happy with what I did do, so that's ok. Today will be to see if I can do the same or better....

Well, it is time for me to get back to work.....take care everyone! We are stronger than our cravings; we can do this!!

Morning all. I'm getting ready to go walk again. The exercise part has been going really well. Still having lots of trouble with the eating part though. I seem to end up throwing up every time I eat real food. Good thing I hate throwing up or I'd worry about bulimia. Why is it that all the fattening, worthless foods go down with no problem. I gained a couple more pounds but I really think it's just Water weight for those and they should come off real quick. Next step for me is to get back to tracking my food on the Daily Plate. Think I'll try to start that this weekend or tomorrow. Baby steps are good.

I really wish we could get even more of the VVs back to posting. It's been so nice to be back here with you guys.

Morning all. I'm getting ready to go walk again. The exercise part has been going really well. Still having lots of trouble with the eating part though. I seem to end up throwing up every time I eat real food. Good thing I hate throwing up or I'd worry about bulimia. Why is it that all the fattening, worthless foods go down with no problem. I gained a couple more pounds but I really think it's just Water weight for those and they should come off real quick. Next step for me is to get back to tracking my food on the Daily Plate. Think I'll try to start that this weekend or tomorrow. Baby steps are good.

I really wish we could get even more of the VVs back to posting. It's been so nice to be back here with you guys.

Ain't it the truth, sugary treats go down with no problem but meat and veggies get stuck. Let me know when you figure that one out because that is exactly the problem I have. Even with practically no fill in my band, if I eat fast or don't chew for ever I get stuck. I don't throw up but I am in pain for several hours and if I try to drink I do throw up. I started tracking on the Daily plate again yesterday. We have to get with it girls! We've come too far to fail now.

Ain't it the truth, sugary treats go down with no problem but meat and veggies get stuck. Let me know when you figure that one out because that is exactly the problem I have. Even with practically no fill in my band, if I eat fast or don't chew for ever I get stuck. I don't throw up but I am in pain for several hours and if I try to drink I do throw up. I started tracking on the Daily plate again yesterday. We have to get with it girls! We've come too far to fail now.

Agree with the sugary treats! How do we make cake get stuck? :confused: (no I'm not eating any!)

The Daily Plate is a great site! It's much more comprehensive than FitDay. I still use FitDay, but will sometimes look foods up in The Daily Plate to get calorie counts and such. Yep, I still count calories - sometimes more loosely, but right now I really want to get the rest of the weight off, so I'm being very careful. And agree again StLouisGal - we need to keep moving! It's so nice to see all the posts here, it's lovely that we have our support group thriving still. It would be nice to see more of the VV gang too! :smile:

I buy white tea at the grocery store. Some of them have it and some of them don't. Revolution makes a great one with pear. Bentley's has an amazing ginger peach, STASH has a plain one and a Chai white tea that is pretty good. The flavor of white tea is much lighter than black tea and it has less cafeine so I guess that is good.

Thanks for this StLouisGal! :thumbup: Both the ginger peach and the Chai white tea sound VERY yummy. I'll be looking for these!

Hey, if you are on your feet and moving forward it is running.

I like this! :):biggrin::mad2:

I wish I could write more, but I'm off to get busy stuff done. Have a great day everyone, and just keep swimming!

June is NO JUNK Month! :w00t:

I did my three miles. I forgot I had a doctor appointment today at lunch and I took the train to work today. It's about a mile and a half to the office so off I went. With Curves tonight, I feel good about my exercise.

Hope you are all having a fabulous day. It's 61 degrees today so it was a much more pleasant walk than yesterday at 88 degrees. Gotta love Missouri weather.:confused:

Wow! It is a great thread. It was good to hear from all of you. Did any one every have a problem with sensitivity to the first solids of the day?? Sliming ? Nausea?

I don't have time to read the last three pages this morning, but I wanted to pop in and say hello. We got moved, finally got phone and internet and I've lost 5 pounds in the last week! I'm pretty happy.

I found a book about drinking Water. It said that we should drink 1 ounce per 2 pounds of body weight and then 1 ounce for every 2 ounces of soda, alcohol or sugary drinks that we consume. That makes my Water intake about twice what I had been doing. I think that plus the extra physical activity of moving plus sticking to my challenge plan has really made a difference. I plan on keeping it up with everything else I'm doing.

I finally got to do some specific exercise, rather than just moving related exertion. It feels great and I'm so grateful to be able to do it!

The move was so much easier this time around and I feel like I was able to be an active partner for my husband and not let time do most of the work like last time and the time before that and the time before that. . .

My weight was 187 yesterday. That is lower than I've been in at least 12 years. Some of my size 14s are getting loose. (Others are still just fine.)

So it's a good day. I'll come back and read what you all have been up to the last few days when I have a little more time.