Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Victorious Valentines - Feb. 08 - MASTER THREAD!

Good Morning!

I'm back to trying again this week. Last week was quite disasterous. I didn't exercise as much as I should have and ate way too much sugar.

This is another week and it is going to be better. I walked to church last night (3.5 miles) It was a little hotter than I thought it was but I survived at any rate.

I picked the first Tomato off my vines yesterday. It was a little grape one so not a very big bite but it tasted sooooo good. I'm looking forward to many more this summer.

Have a great Monday!

Hi everyone - I'm back! The conference was long...some days started at 7am, and most days went until 8 or 9 pm...all with rich catered meals. (I mean really rich meals and Snacks EVERY meal...make you own sundae bars for afternoon snacks, or breakfasts of fresh homemade waffles, crepes and pancakes, etc I didn't gain any weight, but it wasn't because I was being 'good'. I started that way, but on day 3 I had a PB episode, and after that I was PB'ing after almost every meal no matter what it was. I was in a lot of discomfort for many of the days, but managed to keep fluids in, and a little food (although less with each meal - about 10 mouthfuls of any meal by Sunday morning). I arrived home last night and thought things would straighten out immediately, but so far today I haven't even managed one cup of coffee. I need to RELAX...I think that the inability to do liquids after my first PB episode resulted in me getting tense, therefore the band tensed and the tension never left. If things don't relax today, I see an unfill coming.....oddly enough though, I didn't lose weight either. According to the scales, I am exactly the same weight! Go figure! I did get in exercise for 4 days...good thing the hotel gym opened EARLY!!!

OK - now to catch up with all the news....

It seems struggling is more common than I originally thought. I just wonder why I never noticed this while I was still in the planning stages for the surgery. All I ever read was how fantastic the band is and never heard anything otherwise. .

I think we all found the positive and didn't pay attention to the cautions. But, now that we are having our struggles, we hear about them more than the positive. Even though I am struglling right now, I believe I will get through it, and will have a long term positive relationship with the band.

I think it is because I am starting to take the band for granted and slide back into my old habits. I'm trying to get back to the basics I so faithfully followed for the first few months after my banding. Measure your food, eat slowly, chew, chew, chew, etc. I went to a baby shower yesterday, saw folks I hadn't seen in a year or so and got lots of compliments so it's alll worth it.:)

Yes, back to the basics is what I will do - once I get over this tightness. I must say though, I saw people I hadn't seen in a year or 2, and I had to keep showing my badge as people didn't believe I was who I said! Lots of comments such as" Gee, you dropped a ton", and "WOW. You're a different person" and "Can I get a picture because no one back home will believe it's you). Made me feel great!!! (well, dropping the ton comment was a little insulting, but I took it in the spirit it was meant!)

I'm not hopeful to ever be fully rid of the struggles to eat well and exercise. I think it's part of the human experience. I feel like the band has helped me get to the level that most non-obese people struggle with it and not the huge insurmountable amount of struggle I had been dealing with.

One day at a time and we'll get there.

WEll said, Melissa!

I hope everyone is doing well. I've only browsed through a few of the posts, but I must say, y'all look fantastic! Sorry I've been MIA. :) Thanks to tapshoes for the prodding to return.

You're welcome...now keep posting!!! We love to hear from everyone!

I've got an annoying overuse injury to my calf (I guess strength class w 150 squats on Friday, 3 mile run Sat morning, 2 soccer games Sat afternoon and a 5 mile run on Sunday was too much for my fat self), so I'm skipping my run today.

OMG!! 150 squats? running? Soccer games?? You are amazing - maybe even wonder woman!?!?!? That's absolutely fabulous...although completely beyond my comprehension! Way to go!!!

Stopping by to say hello to everyone, I've been away from the computer for about a week

:) I'm hoping to get a Tummy Tuck, my insurance should pay for it, if my doctor says its a medical necessary (which he seemed agreeable to do). I would LOVE to have "the girls" back where they belong . I don't think my insurance is going to cover that, so I'm just gonna have to stick to good supportive bras for now.

What helps me is taking the mentality that my obesity was not "cured" by the band, it helped me lose weight, but I still am an obese person - meaning I'm going to have to watch my weight for life, just like any other disease or disorder.

Lori - no staying away without advance notice!!

Your reasoning is good - Im not cured, but just have my obesity under control. I'm with you on the PS though - I'd love it but insurance won't cover it, and I'm really a wuss about it when I look at some of thepictures immediately post-op...am I too old for it?

Okay, I slipped back for a few days and wasn't posting - sorry. Have to get back into the routine again. I have been walking very regularly and have finally started to lose weight again..

Ezma, don't beat yourself up. You are starting back on the path, and you will get there. It's a journey and you just went on a bit of a detour...but you'll get there!

hi guys ive beeen a bit busy but im back in the gym now a few days a wek and still holding steady at 130
Good Morning!

This is another week and it is going to be better. I walked to church last night (3.5 miles) It was a little hotter than I thought it was but I survived at any rate.

I picked the first Tomato off my vines yesterday. It was a little grape one so not a very big bite but it tasted sooooo good. I'm looking forward to many more this summer.

!

There's nothing like the taste of food fresh off the vine, is there? YUMMY!!

SMS - Glad to see you back posting. 130 pounds...how tall are you? Your pic makes you look really tiny in my opinion - I would have guessed a lot less than 130!

Now, I should do some work...but I'll check in later....

Hi all

Glad everyone is OK.

I'm struggling with an unfilled band and have gained a couple of pounds. IT STOPS NOW!! We have a family wedding at the weekend and I bought a summer dress size Medium and it fits well but it won't if I gain a pound.LOL

Exercise is coming back slowly as I'm gaining some energy. I went to curves twice last week and hope to increase to 5 days a week.

I'll keep you posted.

Its sunny here finally so I'm gonna enjoy the day.

OK VV's, time to check in!

CKK - Glad to hear you are getting back to the exercise. You will have to be vigilant in your eating not that you are unfilled.

How is everyone else doing? I managed to get a Protein smoothie and pudding down...but it was a long time. :sad:However, I really do think that I just need to have the time to allow my gut to relax. Today seems a little better - but I won't be pushing it, that's for sure. If however by the end of the week I am still fighting it, I will have to get an unfill - which of course is not something I budgeted for!

I spent a few hours gardening last night - DH does a lot of things but weeding is NOT one of them...last time he weeded, he 'weeded' some plants:ohmy::bored:

Hang in there Tapshoes. :thumbup: I think sometimes we get our tummies irritated by trying to force food too fast. (or I should say, that is what I do) Usually a couple of days of soft and liquids will allow it to settle down. I hope you don't have to get an unfill, but don't wait too long to at least consult your doctor. :bored:

Thanks St. Louis....it is better today - I have managed to consume a Protein smoothie and several cups of coffee so far....much better than yesterday! A few twinges, but if I consciously stop and say RELAX and close my eyes, it seems to help. Maybe it's all in my head - who knows...

How are you doing?

Ezma, Shiny, Lori, LilMiss, TSK, Angie....where are you????

I'm here sorry... been a few days. I'm so busy, and now all of a sudden I have a awful bad toothache. They made an appt for me for 8:30 AM, but they said if they get any cancels they will call me in. Oh goodness it hurts so bad...

Other than that I've been doing ok.

Thanks St. Louis....it is better today - I have managed to consume a Protein smoothie and several cups of coffee so far....much better than yesterday! A few twinges, but if I consciously stop and say RELAX and close my eyes, it seems to help. Maybe it's all in my head - who knows...

How are you doing?

Ezma, Shiny, Lori, LilMiss, TSK, Angie....where are you????

I'm still here Tap . . . Hello all VV's ! :eek:

There's been a lot of stress I'm dealing with (with a family member that I care very much about, nothing at home), so I've been busy with that, and just not much computer time. But it's good to be here and chat with everyone!

I saw my surgeon yesterday, and I had to have some Fluid taken out - not much, about a quarter of a cc. It's amazing how a small amount can make such a difference! I was having A LOT of reflux at night, it was waking me up and causing me to choke and cough. (And I wasn't eating 2-3 hours before bedtime). Other than interfering with my sleep, my doctor was worried that I might aspirate (inhale stomach contents into my lungs) . . . so he thought it best to stop the reflux, and remove the fluid. It's only been one night, but I didn't have any reflux last night, so far so good. :smile: Bad thing about all this, I don't have much restriction - I can eat way more than I should. That doesn't mean I have to of course, but it is just too easy to over eat if I know I can. My weight is good, so I'm trying to be careful, I don't want to gain any back. I see my doctor again in six weeks, he'll evaluate the situation then and he said I may have to have an Upper GI to see if there are any other problems that's causing me to reflux so much.

So for now, I'm running on will power alone. And yesterday I broke my "June is no junk month" . . . I ate some potato chips. Just one of those small single serving bags, but still, I'm sure it's more than I needed! :wink: But I put myself back on track today - it's still "June is no Junk month". I gotta keep on keepin' on! :wink:

I've been doing good with exercise, I tried jogging outside! For some reason I've been to shy to do this before - I guess I still remember those days when people made fun of the obese me (especially neighborhood kids!). For some reason, jogging outside seemed a bit harder than on my treadmill! I know I got a good workout though. On Sunday I spent 6 hours doing yardwork and planting flowers, and oy, my butt and the back of my legs are SO sore! Very painful. I may not feel my age, but my body sure has ways of reminding me! :eek:

So that's probably enough from me, lol. I'm sorry I didn't give any advance notice for being away Tap! :smile: I promise I won't do it again, lol :lol:

I'm here finally. I've been running since first thing this morning. Got thru the major hurdle - my doctor's appointment. There's nothing worse than going in when you've gained weight. They're really nice but I hate that I let myself gain this weight back. It did take off 3 pounds over the last week and have been doing really well concerning the sweets. I did get a really tiny fill and they checked the amount of saline in my band. Right now I have 8.75 in there. Also, now that I'm not working I can attend the support groups from there, first one for me is tomorrow afternoon. Yay!

Support is a real big issue for me right now. I realized today that I lost such a big part of my daily support when my husband passed away. You guys are a great place too, just have to make myself keep checking in.

I'm here sorry... been a few days. I'm so busy, and now all of a sudden I have a awful bad toothache..

OUCH!! Hope you get relief from the toothache. And remember, don't be too busy to check in with us!

There's been a lot of stress I'm dealing with (with a family member that I care very much about, nothing at home), so I've been busy with that,

I saw my surgeon yesterday, and I had to have some Fluid taken out - not much, about a quarter of a cc. It's amazing how a small amount can make such a difference! Bad thing about all this, I don't have much restriction - I can eat way more than I should. That doesn't mean I have to of course, but it is just too easy to over eat if I know I can.

So for now, I'm running on will power alone. And yesterday I broke my "June is no junk month" . . . I ate some potato chips. But I put myself back on track today - it's still "June is no Junk month". I gotta keep on keepin' on! :)

I've been doing good with exercise, I tried jogging outside! On Sunday I spent 6 hours doing yardwork and planting flowers, and oy, my butt and the back of my legs are SO sore! I may not feel my age, but my body sure has ways of reminding me! :wink2:

HI Lori - Hope the unfill works - and so does your willpower! Running outside - WOW! That's great. I know what you mean about the gardening...funny how the ground is so much further away then it used to be - a few decades ago!:wink2:

Nothing new here. Just chugging along doing my thang. LOL

Excellent! Just check in here and keep us posted.

Got thru the major hurdle - my doctor's appointment. It did take off 3 pounds over the last week and have been doing really well concerning the sweets.

Support is a real big issue for me right now. I realized today that I lost such a big part of my daily support when my husband passed away. You guys are a great place too, just have to make myself keep checking in.

You lost 3 pounds - that's fabulous! You've been through he** and back, so achieving this is a testament to your will. Keep it up, don't put too much pressure on yourself, and keep checking in with the VVs.

OK ladies - I managed Monday and Tuesday without PBing so today I will try some real food...let's hope that stays down without problem. Alas, it is time for me to get to work...although I much prefer chatting here, I get paid to work:tt2:

Yay Tap! Yay Angie!

Tap - I was worrying about you, didn't want you to end up with an unfill. So glad to hear that things are going down better.

Angie - Way to go! It's so nice to see some of us having a good time for a change. Maybe we're all getting ready to get into another good lapband phase.

Hope the rest of you are doing well too. We really can do this! Some times it seems so far away and so difficult but we just need to break it down into one day, one hour, one minute, whatever it takes to stay on track. Go VVs, go!!!!