Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Victorious Valentines - Feb. 08 - MASTER THREAD!

Happy Weekend! I'm taking today off from the heavy exercising. I took my girlfriends granddaughter for a ride on the MetroLink this morning and we walked around a little bit but it is hard to get much exercise with a 3 year old alongside. She had a blast. All she has wanted to do all week is ride the ChooChoo train so I took her today.

I may try to talk my husband into a walk up to the park this evening. It's hot here today.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.:blushing:

HI VVs

Well I'm just back from Tj from my Drs visit and yet again I've had to have a complete unfill. My pouch is a little stretched on one side so liquids for a week or so untill it goes down. Hopefully I won't gain any weight this time.

I also saw a Plastic surgeon while I was down there and I will need a body lift, fat put back in the bum and implants to fill out the girls again. So I am starting to save from today.

We had snow here today and my plants don't look too healthy. Hopefully I can rescue them.

HAve a great day.

Nicole

Ooh, Tap, good luck with family visiting. Are you on good terms with the ex? I'm guessing you must be since she is staying with you guys.

My kids are soft. I need to help them get more fit.

We also went to the pool for a couple hours yesterday afternoon. It felt really nice to not be humiliated by being so exposed in my swimsuit. . I am completely devoted to my husband, but it's nice to get some outside feedback, even if it's unintentional feedback, you know?

Yes, the DH and his ex have a positive relationship - they divorced many many years ago (the daughters were under 10), and even after the divorce they shared a duplex so that the girls had both parents all the time. They are both a testament to their commitment to the children FIRST. Although we aren't 'friends' we are friendly, and we do visit each other when our travels or some family event puts us in the other's city.

As for your children - get them in the active healthy lifestyle now...they'll thank you later!

And as for external positive reinforcement - absolutely! IT is nice, and does wonders for one's self-esteem!

I may try to talk my husband into a walk up to the park this evening. It's hot here today.

I hope you got your walk in; I hope you can get one in today before it gets too warm - don't want sunstroke!!

HI VVs

Well I'm just back from Tj from my Drs visit and yet again I've had to have a complete unfill.

I also saw a Plastic surgeon while I was down there and I will need a body lift, fat put back in the bum and implants to fill out the girls again. So I am starting to save from today.

We had snow here today and my plants don't look too healthy..

Nicole

Nicole: sorry to hear about your unfill...and a complete one? I've had to have minor ones, but never a complete one - keep strong - pump the fluidds and keep up the exercise.

I too have been thinking of PS, and even investigating Tj, but having seen the pics, I keep thinking I wouldn't want to be that far from the doc in the event of swelling, complications etc. Then again, I'm a wuss!!!

As for the snow, you can keep it! I've had enough this year!!!

OKAY ladies, this is my last post before heading to my conference - one week before I return, so keep up the exercise, be positive, don't give in to your cravings and repeat after me: We can do this; we are stronger than our cravings!

I hope a few other posters return to the forum - come on, Wantitbad, Taismommy, RSG, Peek, Mom to 2....where are you?!?!?

Helloooo!!

Well now, it seems struggling is more common than I originally thought. I just wonder why I never noticed this while I was still in the planning stages for the surgery. All I ever read was how fantastic the band is and never heard anything otherwise. However, I never went in search of either. I know there is a forum here for complications and otherwise.

All I knew is I wanted it and it was going to save me from being obese. Wow! I had another thing coming. Come to find out, I still have to eat right, and exercise... hmmm... Well, knowing that - then that is what I'll do. I do love the fact I get full much faster than pre-band. Though sometimes feeling full equals sliming and much pain. I know I might be more tight than is really ideal, but frankly I am scared to death of getting any taken out. I'm afraid I'll blow up big time!

I've already gained back about 30 pounds... enough is enough. I am re-challenging myself for this month. No sense in saying... oh I'll start next week or whatever. I'm just going to start now. So far so good. :thumbup:

Great on you for getting your kiddies involved in recreation SHM! It will grow on them and they will learn the importance of taking good care of their bodies young.

Welcome Back Crystal! I'm saddened to hear of your news, just know we are all here for you when you're ready - which it seems is now.

tap, have a great and safe trip!

The struggles we are having must be fairly common to bansters who have are a year plus out of surgery. I think it is because I am starting to take the band for granted and slide back into my old habits. I'm trying to get back to the basics I so faithfully followed for the first few months after my banding. Measure your food, eat slowly, chew, chew, chew, etc. Today is going well although I didn't get a chance to walk at lunch, and I popped a few gumdrops in on the way back from errands at lunch:blushing:, but I'm still trying. Unfortunately knowing that it is normal, doesn't make it any easier. :)

I went to a baby shower yesterday, saw folks I hadn't seen in a year or so and got lots of compliments so it's alll worth it.:thumbup:

Happy Monday!

I'm not hopeful to ever be fully rid of the struggles to eat well and exercise. I think it's part of the human experience. I feel like the band has helped me get to the level that most non-obese people struggle with it and not the huge insurmountable amount of struggle I had been dealing with.

One day at a time and we'll get there.

Hello, Victorious Valentines!!! LTNS!

I hope everyone is doing well. I've only browsed through a few of the posts, but I must say, y'all look fantastic! Sorry I've been MIA. :ihih: Thanks to tapshoes for the prodding to return.

I've got an annoying overuse injury to my calf (I guess strength class w 150 squats on Friday, 3 mile run Sat morning, 2 soccer games Sat afternoon and a 5 mile run on Sunday was too much for my fat self), so I'm skipping my run today.

First time I've done that since starting. :rolleyes:

Hopefully 4 days off is enough, because that's all it's getting. LOL

Hi there. When did u feel the restriction? I go for my first fill June 17th. I want to feel full. I want to have to eat less. When did it happen for u??????? Congrats on your weight loss and all ur hard work.

EileenMary

EileenMary,

Your restriction will come bit by bit with your fills. Unfortunately I won't tell you that you'll get well restricted with your first fill, because many don't. I would get some restriction with each fill and then it would taper off. Eventually you get enough restriction that will stay for a good while.

I just thought I'd post a picture of my family that we took yesterday. Enjoy!

post-227665-13813138479415_thumb.jpg

Stopping by to say hello to everyone, I've been away from the computer for about a week (I didn't go anywhere, just very very busy). I hope everyone is having a great weekend! :smile:

HI VVs

We had snow here today and my plants don't look too healthy. Hopefully I can rescue them.

HAve a great day.

Nicole

Wow Nicole, that's a lot of plastic surgery! I'm jealous, lol I'd love to have all that. :tongue: I'm hoping to get a Tummy Tuck, my insurance should pay for it, if my doctor says its a medical necessary (which he seemed agreeable to do). My bum doesn't need anything, lol :tongue_smilie: but I would LOVE to have "the girls" back where they belong and with implants. I went from a size D to a size B (B as in Barely there, lol) . . . and they are just too far south. I don't think my insurance is going to cover that, so I'm just gonna have to stick to good supportive bras for now. And I feel bad for you for having snow! :frown: I've been complaining here in Michigan, because it's been so rainy and cold. I want Summer!

The struggles we are having must be fairly common to bansters who have are a year plus out of surgery. I think it is because I am starting to take the band for granted and slide back into my old habits.

I agree with this, I have caught myself sliding back, but stopped it and continued to move forward. What helps me is taking the mentality that my obesity was not "cured" by the band, it helped me lose weight, but I still am an obese person - meaning I'm going to have to watch my weight for life, just like any other disease or disorder. The lap-band is my second life partner, after my hubby of course. :)

I went to a baby shower yesterday, saw folks I hadn't seen in a year or so and got lots of compliments so it's alll worth it.:)

Isn't that a wonderful feeling! Congrats StLouisGal! :smile:

Hi there. When did u feel the restriction? I go for my first fill June 17th. I want to feel full. I want to have to eat less. When did it happen for u??????? Congrats on your weight loss and all ur hard work.

EileenMary

Hi EileenMary,

Everyone is very different, the number of fills that works for one person isn't going to work for another. Some may get restriction with one or two fills (not common) and others it will take several. I've been one of those bandsters where my band has been difficult - it took many fills. But I also chose to go very slowly, and my surgeon has worked closely with me on this. And like SHM says, you could get to good restriction, but then it will taper off, as you lose weight. You lose weight around your stomach too! :wink2: So try hard and hang in there, this is a gradual and ongoing process, but so VERY worth it! The best of luck to you ! :smile: Please stop by anytime, and let us know how you are doing.

I just thought I'd post a picture of my family that we took yesterday. Enjoy!

Melissa, what a gorgeous family and a beautiful picture! I loved it, it really made me smile. :smile2: Thanks for sharing! You all look so happy!:smile:

Okay, I slipped back for a few days and wasn't posting - sorry. Have to get back into the routine again. I have been walking very regularly and have finally started to lose weight again. It's only 3 pounds down and I've gained almost 50 back. Trying really hard not to hate myself for that. Trying to be gentle with me. I have done much better over the last 3 days now and I think I've gotten rid of most of the major sugar cravings. That in itself should help immensely. Dreading Tuesday morning though. I have a doctor's appointment. I'm sure he'll be disappointed though nice when he finds out my husband passed away. Just hate going in there when I've gained weight. Gotta face it though. No fill for me because I'm still having a hard time eating real food without having to throw up.

Hope you all had a good weekend. Will post again in the AM so I can prompt myself to workout. Enjoy.

Morning all. Hope you guys have more energy than I do this morning. Gonna try to workout since I'm not walking with the parents this morning. Gonna try a Protein Shake and see if that gives me any energy. Did you all have a good weekend?