Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Victorious Valentines - Feb. 08 - MASTER THREAD!

Morning everyone!

It just hit me - I said belated birthday to Rhap when it wasn't her birthday, and then I missed her birthday when it was - ARGHH!! So, once again, belated birthday Rhap - even though you aren't celebrating until the 30th, I'd better say it now!!

A good evening in the food department - moderate amount of foods, no Snacks, but once again, little activity. I just must make myself go to the Y and push a little more......blech!

The conference I am attending begins june 8th (travelling on the 7th)...At the beginning of May I had hoped to be down another 10 pounds by then, but instead I will concentrate on just holding the weight I am and NOT bouncing again!!! (Losing would be better, but I'm not going to obsess on it and make myself miserable).

How is everyone else doing? Diva? Angie? RSG? CK? Jamie?

Hi Fellow VV's. I'm just checking in. I've been out and about and not hanging around here much. We just got back from a mini vacation to TX. My hips are telling me that even though I am much thinner, I'm not sure I have a lot of business on the trampoline, but it sure was fun while I was playing with my neice on it. We also did Wii bowling so I am sore all over, but I did it!

My weight is unchanged but at least I am not gaining since my unfill (I only have 1cc in my band right now) I go up a few pounds, then back down a few pounds so I am holding my own, which for now is fine.

We are off on another trip (to Gatlinburg TN in a few weeks so I need to start getting ready for mountain hikes.

Not much else going on, got the garden going and have marble sized tomatos on the vine and lots of buds on the zuchinni and cucumber vines so here come the good salads.

You all take care!

Morning everyone!

It just hit me - I said belated birthday to Rhap when it wasn't her birthday, and then I missed her birthday when it was - ARGHH!! So, once again, belated birthday Rhap - even though you aren't celebrating until the 30th, I'd better say it now!!

Aww, thanks Tap! It's ok belated or not, I appreciate the thought. :w00t: You're such a sweetheart! Hugs!

Yesterday, I did great all day with staying on plan, eating the right foods and 30 minutes of jogging on the treadmill - then I trashed it completely by having a major snack attack later that evening. I really wanted something sweet! Luckily we don't keep much in the house like that, but I still found some Protein Bars and some chocolate covered pretzels. (SIGH). :thumbup: I think I need a fill - I can eat too much. The last time I saw my surgeon he didn't want to give me a fill, because I had lost 9 pounds in 6 six weeks. I hope my next appointment (in two weeks) I can get a small fill. I am struggling just to maintain right now. :lol:

StLouisGal, it sounds like you've been having some fun traveling! A mountain hike sounds wonderful. Enjoy! I also wish I could grow a garden like that - fresh veggies sound so good. We have lots of woods and trees around our house there's almost no sunlight, plus so many critters, I'd end up just feeding them, lol.

Let us know how your mountain hikes go! Have a great time :wub:

Wow' date=' CONGRATZ on this LilMiss! :thumbup: I hope you get the promotion that you desire! All my best to you! :tt2: It's great to see you here on the forum too!

Not much exciting news from me, I'm just "paying the piper" :wub: as Tap accurately put it, lol! I am staying on plan, and have managed to get my weight back to 156. Not my lowest of 155, but I'll get there. Only a few more pounds to goal, and I think they are gonna be a major pain to get rid of. Especially with so many celebrations in May & June. I'm gonna enjoy them though! Then back to plan and keep on swimming![/quote']

Thank you so much! It's hard work moving up, and extremely competitive. Gotta take what you can get...

Congrats on getting your weight back down! Now, mind telling me what your secret is? Oh yeah, that's right - exercise and eat less and healthy food. Hmmm... LOL!

Morning everyone!

A good evening in the food department - moderate amount of foods, no Snacks, but once again, little activity. I just must make myself go to the Y and push a little more......blech!

The conference I am attending begins june 8th (travelling on the 7th)...At the beginning of May I had hoped to be down another 10 pounds by then, but instead I will concentrate on just holding the weight I am and NOT bouncing again!!! (Losing would be better, but I'm not going to obsess on it and make myself miserable).

How is everyone else doing? Diva? Angie? RSG? CK? Jamie?

Happy Birthday also Rhap!

I'm so glad to hear you're doing well in the eating Dept. You're doing fine! Now, once you get your exercise on girl, you will smoke it! It's not an easy thing to get into, and very VERY easy to fall away from. Just think about how awesome you feel when you do it though. Together we can do this!

Tap, try not to focus so much on the scale, it will drive you bananas... I'm knowing you really want to see those numbers before your eyes, but you have done such an excellent job since being banded - you can only be proud of yourself. :lol:

Hi Fellow VV's. I'm just checking in. I've been out and about and not hanging around here much. We just got back from a mini vacation to TX. My hips are telling me that even though I am much thinner, I'm not sure I have a lot of business on the trampoline, but it sure was fun while I was playing with my neice on it. We also did Wii bowling so I am sore all over, but I did it!

My weight is unchanged but at least I am not gaining since my unfill (I only have 1cc in my band right now) I go up a few pounds, then back down a few pounds so I am holding my own, which for now is fine.

We are off on another trip (to Gatlinburg TN in a few weeks so I need to start getting ready for mountain hikes.

Not much else going on, got the garden going and have marble sized tomatos on the vine and lots of buds on the zuchinni and cucumber vines so here come the good salads.

You all take care!

Awesome on all the trips! Sounds like you're having a blast! Wish I were you. :w00t: Speaking of Gardens, we now have a backyard big enough for one. Ha, maybe I should tend one. The thing is... where would I get the extra time for it? Hmmm... good question.

I've actually been a good girl somewhat. Its that "time" for me and I only went up two pounds. Can't complain... except that I am so sick of going up and down. I just need to go down, down, down then a little up. It's just a natural thing for a woman to go a little up every fourth week... LOL!

I haven't even been needing to use my slim shots. I had a Protein Shake this morning and nothing else again until right now, which is a "Smart Ones" chicken and rice noodles. I know, kinda salty - but heck... one can't live on Slim Fast alone. Gets tiring, especially when you do the "shake" thing for Breakfast.< /p>

I also did my two mile walk already today! Wheeeee!! I plan to do my bike tonight and my Calisthenics. I missed the calisthenics last night because I was cleaning up the old apartment and was dead tired when I got home. I have the whole livingroom building into my HOME GYM/Books/DVD's and a Room for the cats to romp around in... It's the only room in the house with carpet. All I have in there so far is a TV/DVD player for exercise videos, and my exercise bike. I also have some hand weights ranging from 2 Lbs to 15 Lbs. I think that is quite enough for now as far as weight training goes. I plan to eventually splurge on an elliptical machine and some really great workout DVD's. Or I can set my DVD Recorder on and make my own... I think that is a good idea.

So what's everyone else into?

The garden is fun, I love fresh tomatos, they don't taste anything like the hot house variety you buy at the store. This is the first year I have tried zuchini and cucumbers but they make nice ground cover in the flower beds so I stuck them in. They are really good home grown too. We have a bunch of neighborhood cats that congregate in our yard so the bunnies and squirrels stay away and cat's don't eat tomatos so we get the best of all worlds.:thumbup:

. My hips are telling me that even though I am much thinner, I'm not sure I have a lot of business on the trampoline, but it sure was fun while I was playing with my neice on it. We also did Wii bowling so I am sore all over, but I did it!

St Louis - jumping on a trampoline, bowling and hiking - you are certainly keeping active - and doing such a variety of things. YAY you! I haven't been on a trampoline in maybe 40 years....Im not sure I'd have the stomach for it now (and of course my body parts flapping around could be both embarassing and painful)!!:smile::sad:

I still found some Protein bars and some chocolate covered pretzels. (SIGH)... I hope my next appointment (in two weeks) I can get a small fill. I am struggling just to maintain right now. :smile:

We have lots of woods and trees around our house there's almost no sunlight' date=' plus so many critters, I'd end up just feeding them, lol.

[/quote']

Rhap - I hope you can get a fill as well, but make it a small one - man oh man, I've learned the hard way the more weight you lose the less of a fill you need!

Your place sounds lovely Rhap with woods and critters - I used to have a home in the country, and when I moved 2 thousand miles, and into a city it was such an adjustment! But those critters are so cute...just plant a few extra for them!!

I'm so glad to hear you're doing well in the eating Dept. You're doing fine! Now, once you get your exercise on girl, you will smoke it! It's not an easy thing to get into, and very VERY easy to fall away from. Just think about how awesome you feel when you do it though. Together we can do this!

I am so sick of going up and down. I just need to go down, down, down then a little up. It's just a natural thing for a woman to go a little up every fourth week... LOL!

I also did my two mile walk already today! Wheeeee!! I plan to do my bike tonight and my Calisthenics. I missed the calisthenics last night because I was cleaning up the old apartment and was dead tired when I got home. I have the whole livingroom building into my HOME GYM/Books/DVD's and a Room for the cats to romp around in... It's the only room in the house with carpet.

Lil Miss - Thanks for the encouragement...I know I need to keep at the exercise, and I am still commited to 4 days a week minimum...I just can't think of it in terms of 'for the rest of my life' because that is just tooo discouraging. You though are really into the exercise...good for you.

I think we are all getting sick of playing the yo-yo weight game...up 2 down 1 up 1 down 2 .... enough already. We all want a 5 pound loss with no yoyo effect this week! (Do you suppose just demanding it will work?)

The garden is fun, I love fresh tomatos, they don't taste anything like the hot house variety you buy at the store. This is the first year I have tried zuchini and cucumbers but they make nice ground cover in the flower beds so I stuck them in. They are really good home grown too. We have a bunch of neighborhood cats that congregate in our yard so the bunnies and squirrels stay away and cat's don't eat tomatos so we get the best of all worlds.:hurray:

A fellow gardener! Even though I live in the city, I have created a few garden beds in the last 2 years. I have my herb garden (which thankfully racoons, skunks, and other assorted critters avoid); I have my rhubarb bed - I love rhubarb; this year I have created a bed for tomatoes, onions, garlic and blueberries. Obviously the blueberries are a long term investment...and I suspect the birds will be well fed, but I just love playing in the dirt! We have also planted a fruit tree each year - again that is a long term investment, but thats what gardening is...a physical manifestation of a belief in the future!

I had another successful eating day yesterday - no snacking, kept the total calories reasonable, and kept busy in the evening (if I am busy, I am not wandering through the kitchen munching).

I hope everyone is going to have a great day...and an active healthy weekend!

Gardening gets me out of the house and keeps me trying to eat healthier foods. Living in the city, we don't have a large yard but I have carved out little flower beds in various places in the yard and put my veggies among the flowers. It makes for an interesting look and gives us fresh veggies over the summer. I need to get out this weekend and tie up my tomatos. They are getting big and if I don't do it now they will take over. I plant my herbs in pots along the edge of our patio, again interspersed with flowers. I can take the pots inside for the winter and not have to start over every year.

Nothing new or different here. Weight not budging, but I think I'm shrinking, so I'm trying to not care. lol

I run 4 days a week and do strength training 2, and rest 1. I've got another 5k tomorrow morning. :)

Weight not budging, but I think I'm shrinking, so I'm trying to not care. lol

I run 4 days a week and do strength training 2, and rest 1. I've got another 5k tomorrow morning. :)

OMG Angie, another 5 K...I cannot imagine doing one...ever. Maybe if you added up the weekly walking amounts they would total 5 K - but not at one time RUNNING!!! EEKS!!

Congrats on the exercise regime, the body shrinking, and the attitude you have. YAY Angie!!!

Congrats on getting your weight back down! Now, mind telling me what your secret is? Oh yeah, that's right - exercise and eat less and healthy food. Hmmm... LOL!

Happy Birthday also Rhap!

Thanks so much LilMiss! :smile: As for a secret . . . uh, well, you have it right, lol! :wink: I think the one thing that has really helped me is working closely with a dietitian all this time, she's really helped me change my eating habits.

I haven't even been needing to use my slim shots.

Just curious . . . what do the slim shots do????

I also did my two mile walk already today! Wheeeee!! I plan to do my bike tonight and my Calisthenics. I missed the calisthenics last night because I was cleaning up the old apartment and was dead tired when I got home. I have the whole livingroom building into my HOME GYM/Books/DVD's and a Room for the cats to romp around in... It's the only room in the house with carpet. All I have in there so far is a TV/DVD player for exercise videos, and my exercise bike. I also have some hand weights ranging from 2 Lbs to 15 Lbs. I think that is quite enough for now as far as weight training goes. I plan to eventually splurge on an elliptical machine and some really great workout DVD's. Or I can set my DVD Recorder on and make my own... I think that is a good idea.

So what's everyone else into?

Wow! You've got some major exercise going! Lots of different things. I use my treadmill and now riding my bike outdoors, but I find the treadmill still gives the best workout. When I ride my bike, I usually have to do it for a long time if I even want to break a sweat. I wish I could get another piece of exercise equipment . . . but really can't afford it with today's economy. :blink:

Rhap - I hope you can get a fill as well, but make it a small one - man oh man, I've learned the hard way the more weight you lose the less of a fill you need!

Your place sounds lovely Rhap with woods and critters - I used to have a home in the country, and when I moved 2 thousand miles, and into a city it was such an adjustment! But those critters are so cute...just plant a few extra for them!!

Yes, the small fill is the way to go! I've always been real sensitive with the fills, I get heartburn and reflux if the band gets too tight. I'm hoping my surgeon will give me just a quarter of a cc . . . I'll havta wait and see what he says. I get the feeling he doesn't want me to lose much more - my body scan says my weight should be around 167. Blah. The body scan doesn't know a thing about women's sizes, LOL! :) I'm still about a size 12, I'd like to get comfortably into a size 10. I'm not too far away from it.

As for the critters being cute . . . I love animals, so I guess they are! :wink: But they are not so cute when the woodchucks dig holes, the bunnies eat my flowers (the woodchucks do too), and the skunks stink up the place. The raccoons visit at night, now they ARE cute. They sometimes poke thier noses up against our doorwall . . . and it's always sweet when you see a line of babies. We had deer in our front yard this Spring, but I haven't seen any since. The woods are shrinking, lot of new homes going up all around. It is nice with the woods and such . . . but it's SO much work, and so many leaves in the Fall. Hubby and I are getting old(er) lol :smile: I sometimes wish I had just a small yard to care for. Mow the yard, plant some flowers, pull a few weeds, and be done!

StLouisGal - planting in pots and taking them inside sounds like a good idea! I've often wanted to do container gardening. Then I could put it on our patio where the sun is (and hope the critters stay away). And I agree - working in the yard is a great way to get out of the house. I love being outside and planting. :smile:

Angie - good luck with your 5k! You are awesome girl! Keep up the good work :thumbup:

Have a great weekend all :smile: I'll be back on Monday! (((warm hugs)))

Just taking a break from packing to pop in and say hi.

I'm amazed at my stamina this time around. I haven't had to sit down once because of physical fatigue. Mental, yeah, but I'm hanging in there physically. So grateful.

My husband weighed more than me yesterday morning for weigh-in. Yay for that! First time since I met him that I've weighed less than him.

We took some progress pictures and I think my face is starting to look too thin. My neck is getting a bit too saggy. Comparing it to the last ones from January, I think I look better then. Maybe I'll post them later and you guys can give your opinion.

Catch you later.

You are all an inspiration to me!

Here are the pictures. (longer hair is January, shorter is May)

I didn't include the bottom half because it hasn't changed much. My calves need to change, but really haven't much at all.

I know the name of the first picture says it's October, but I just mistyped it. It was January.

post-227665-13813138420415_thumb.jpg

post-227665-13813138420637_thumb.jpg

Hi guys. Sorry I haven't been around much. I know I really need to post here at least daily. I need the support and I feel bad that I'm not supporting you guys too. I go from being good and losing a pound or two to being horrible and eating way too many Cookies and too much ice cream. I have been getting back to exercising regularly. I think I did some exercise at least 5 days out of the last 7. At least I can be proud of that. Mostly I'm just in a funk. It started on Mother's Day and is starting to let up though I cried a bit today.

Even as I post this I'm sitting here eating a brownie after finishing a Boston Market Pot Pie. I can't seem to get myself under control and don't know what it's going to take to do it. I know a big part of my problem started when my husband became bed bound. I lost my support system then. I could sneak out and eat bad things and he wouldn't know. Now he's gone and I know he'd be so mad at me for treating myself so badly. It was never about the weight with him. He loved me any way I was. He just wanted me to succeed in the things that were important to me and be healthy. Now I fight the "What's the point?" feelings all the time. Hard to believe I'm already on anti-depressants eh? I'm really not as down as I sound I just have moments here and there and now happens to be one of them. Tomorrow I promise I'll be perkier. And yes, I'll be back to post tomorrow. Thank you Tap for dragging me out of my self-pity. Hugs to you.

Wow! Two posts in one day for me. Hope this comes through okay - they looked so darn yummy.

4286magicallowcaloriemargarita_sml.jpgMagical Low-Calorie Margarita

PER SERVING (entire recipe): 115 calories, 0g fat, 55mg sodium, 2g carbs, 0g Fiber, <0.5g sugars, 0g Protein -- POINTS® value 2*

The original low-calorie margarita. It's our most viewed cocktail email EVER, and it's served at practically every Hungry Girl party. Classic!

Rockin' Razzy Rita

PER SERVING (entire recipe): 105 calories, 0g fat, 5mg sodium, 2g carbs, 0g fiber, 0.5g sugars, 0g protein -- POINTS® value 2*

This one's crammed with fantastic berry flavor. Yes!

4287rockinrazzyrita_sml.jpg4291fruitymargarita.jpgFruitylicious Margarita

PER SERVING (entire recipe): 105 calories, 0g fat, 15mg sodium, 3g carbs, 0g fiber, 0.5g sugars, 0g protein -- POINTS® value 2*

This is completely customizable -- make it melon-y, citrus-y, or cran-grapefruity. Just click & scroll!

Poolside Cherry Pom-arita

PER SERVING (entire recipe): 105 calories, 0g fat, 45mg sodium, 2.5g carbs, 0g fiber, 0.5g sugars, 0g protein -- POINTS® value 2*

Cherry and pomegranate flavors together with tequila in one glass?! It's TRUE!

4288poolsidecherrypomarita_sml.jpg4289tropicalmangoritaslushie_sml.jpgTropical Mango-rita Slushie

PER SERVING (entire recipe): 134 calories, 0g fat, 38mg sodium, 9g carbs, 1g fiber, 7g sugars, 0g protein -- POINTS® value 2*

Wowowow. Part smoothie, part cocktail, ALL good.

Freezy-Fresa strawberry Margarita

PER SERVING (entire recipe): 125 calories, 0g fat, 24mg sodium, 7g carbs, 1g fiber, 2g sugars, 0g protein -- POINTS® value 2*

Our latest frozen flavored cocktail... with only around a THIRD of the calories in a regular strawberry margarita!!! WOOHOO!

4290freezyfresastrawberrymargarita_sml.jpg

My time today was 32:08, which is my best so far and I'm happy with it.

But I'm sick of coming in almost last of the runners. I need to kick it up a notch. LOL