Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Victorious Valentines - Feb. 08 - MASTER THREAD!

(((((((((HUGS))))))))

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, Ezma. I know your husband had been very ill; I am sure the last few months have been very stressful. Any weight gain is understandable and no one is going to comment negatively about it.

The VVs are here to help, motivate, support each other. One day, one meal, one walk at a time. Keep checking in with us and we will all help each other.

I missed your inspiring posts. I am glad you are back with us.

Take care, my friend.

Oh, Ezma. I'm crying for you. I'm so sorry for your pain. I'm glad you're back here for some support. I love these ladies and am glad for this board.

Good morning all. I did well yesterday despite myself. I didn't exercise and I ate some sweets but not as many as I was eating. I ended up with a 2 pound loss. I haven't exercised yet today but I did manage to resist stopping for my favorite Cookies on the way home this morning. Baby steps, baby steps.

I'm hoping to get some exercise in later today but I do know I'll get some because I have a lot of shopping to do this morning.

How are you guys doing? I missed you so much. I missed being healthy a lot too. Very possble I will be joining a gym today. I found out my sister-in-law is going to my old gym so we talked about going together. Yay, support!

Yes, baby steps!

I have had two days of good exercise. I ran yesterday and walked today. My eating has been pretty good, but not perfect. It's been a very long time since I was anywhere near perfect on my eating.

I've realized that I am probably acting like I'm in maintenance as far as eating and exercise goes, rather than still pushing forward to lose. Not sure what to do with that realization just yet, but it's good to have realized it.

We're awaiting some severe weather this afternoon. I love the excitement and thrill of the thunder and hail, but hope there isn't any crop or property damage.

I'm bummed. The rental house we're supposed to be moving into has sold. So we are again without somewhere to live in a month. :thumbup: Off to look at homes with for sale signs.

I don't envy you there. Looking for a house is fun for a little while, then you just wish it were all done. I'll be wishing you a quick search.

I've been doing okay. My eating is better but still far from good. I did lose another pound so it's heading in the right direction. Still haven't started exercising but I'm really looking forward to it. I think I'm getting my car today so that should free up more time to get my exercise routine started.

How are you guys doing?

Oh Ezma, I am so sorry to hear about your husband. (((((hugs))))) for you. I completely understand about just not caring about eating well. I'm there too and trying really hard to stop my bad habits and start caring again.

I had my fill on Monday and I am relearning what it is like to have restriction. It has been a long time since I had any. I find myself eating too fast or too much and having pain. Trying to figure that out and stop doing it. No weight loss this week, but at least I didn't gain more. :-

Baby steps, baby steps.

I missed being healthy a lot too. Very possble I will be joining a gym today. I found out my sister-in-law is going to my old gym so we talked about going together. Yay, support!

Ezma - support is really important to me - hence this board. Have you decided to join the gym with your SIL? With the nice weather s-l-o-w-l-y arriving here, it is more difficult to go to the gym - I would much rather play outside in the dirt. But that isn't a total workout with sustained cardio....but it is a LOT more fun!!

I have had two days of good exercise. I ran yesterday and walked today. My eating has been pretty good, but not perfect.

I've realized that I am probably acting like I'm in maintenance as far as eating and exercise goes, rather than still pushing forward to lose. Not sure what to do with that realization just yet, but it's good to have realized it.

Shiny - That's it!! That's what I'm doing - and it took reading it in your post to realize it. I am acting as if I am in maintenance....even though I still have poundage to lose...thanks for the revelation! Now, what can I do about this?

I'm bummed. The rental house we're supposed to be moving into has sold. So we are again without somewhere to live in a month.

:unsure: Sorry Shiny...hope you find someplace.

My eating is better but still far from good. I did lose another pound so it's heading in the right direction. Still haven't started exercising but I'm really looking forward to it.

YAY, Ezma - a pound lost is fabulous...baby steps. I need a scale loss I think, to motivate or inspire me. I'm hovering at the one weight, and as Shiny posted, I think I am in maintenance-mode - and WAY too soon for that!!

I'm there too and trying really hard to stop my bad habits and start caring again.

I had my fill on Monday and I am relearning what it is like to have restriction. No weight loss this week, but at least I didn't gain more. :-

Jamie - glad to see you posting. Restriction is a great thing - once we learn to live with it! But that learning curve is steep and painful!

OK VVs, it's Monday; it is a new week. I did some outside work on the weekend but not as much as I wanted!!! Cardio today was a brisk 35 min walk - speeds between 3.8 - 4.2 mph.

Roll call!

Ezma, how are you doing? Did you decide to join the gym?

RSG - how about you? What did you decide about the gym?

Shiny - Did you get in exercise the last few days? How is house hunting going?

Jaime - How are you doing? Getting back into the 'groove'?

LilMiss - where are you? How are you doing?

Where are: Wantiitbad; BlessedTwice; Cool Crystal; and many others? Come on VVs - let's rally the troops! someone else send a few smoke signals; Stop lurking and post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm here. Not doing a whole lot to report on. Not a lot of exercise the last few days. I'm in the middle of making two pretty big cakes for Friday. I'm having fun with it. No house news yet.

I was out of town for work Mon-Wed this week. I had my first PB experience while I was at Breakfast with my boss and another manager yesterday. We decided to try the hotel breakfast since it was free and they didn't have anything I could eat. I decided to try a piece of Peanut Butter toast and then I found their boiled eggs. I ate a bite of the toast and decided it wouldn't go down well then started on the eggs. I felt the stuck feeling, then started sliming. I was ok at first then I coughed and almost threw up on the table. Ugh, that wasn't fun at all. Then I did it again today at lunch. I barely ate anything either time. I have to eat very very slowly and no more bread (which hadn't been a problem until now). Hopefully I can really jumpstart my weight loss like this, but if it continues like this, I might consider a slight unfill. I think right now, it is more about relearning the band rules and eating small amounts.

Thank heavens Shiny and Jaime, that you posted - I was really beginning to feel I am the last VV!!! I was supposed to go to a conference, but it got cancelled at the last moment - Im not sorry about that! I'm such a homebody, and just love to spend time in my garden - I hate missing gardening days! I have been spending about 2 hours a night in the garden - removing sod, turning soil, lugging pails of compost, wheeling rocks etc....hard physical labor. I don't know what the calorie burn is, but I know that those months of weight training are paying off!!!

Jaime - It almost sounds like you are too tight - I hope you are taking it easy today; do fluids to ensure that you relax your stomach.

Shiny - What kind of cakes are you making? Going to do the fondant decorating? Take pics, please, because I am sure they are photo-worthy!!

I will do another roll call:

RSG

Glou

Wantit

Cool Crystal

LilMiss

Ezma

Momoftwo

and other long lost VVs...............hello?????????

Well, I'm back. Sorry, things got busy for a few days. At least I managed to get done about half of the paperwork. I know I need to keep focused on this site and the daily plate to chart my food. I lost 3 pounds while I was posting here and keeping track of my meals and gained it all back when I stopped. So I'm back and hopefully I can stay motivated and committed.

I've been doing better with the exercise. I've been walking with my parents the last couple of days. Gonna have to find something else for the next few days though since I have major blisters on my heels from new tennis shoes. I haven't joined the gym yet but it's still on the burner, probably next week.

How are you guys doing?

I'm very excited because next Monday begins a challenge I have joined with a group of ladies from my church. There's even a cash prize for the top 3 scorers. Here it is:

Daily Habits

Each item is worth 1 point, with a possible 10 points per day

1. 7 hours of sleep

2. 48 oz. Water

3. 45 minutes of exercise (not necessarily consecutive)

4. 2 servings of veggies, 2 servings of fruit

5. No soda, beer, wine, unhealthy Snacks, or bad fast food [anything FRIED]

6. No sweets [Desserts, pastries and sugary Snacks & cereals] * sugar-free alternatives are ok

7. No eating after dinner/8pm

8. 15 minutes of scripture reading (or other spiritual text if you don't do scripture)

9. One journal entry (any length)

10. Express sincere appreciation or praise to your spouse (if single, to another person)

I like that it's not even focused on poundage lost, just on developing healthy habits. These are all things I think are worthy of forming into habits, so I'm wholeheartedly going for it.

I'm going to go running today. Soon in fact. So I need to get my butt off the computer! :thumbsup: Have a great day.