Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Hello Everyone.

Just finished putting all my Autumn decorations away. Hubby wanted to bring up the Christams decorations and I told him "No". I'll wait at least another week before I put anything up. I did make some Peanut Butter fudge and some pepperment bark today. Thursday is our family Breakfast and I thought I would make some goodies for everyone.

Judy, I mailed some money to you today for the flowers. They said it should be there in 3-5 days. Look for a big manilla envelope.

We got about an inch of snow here yesterday and today most of it is gone. Sun is shining but it is bitterly cold. Those windchills are freezing me out.

Today I never even went near a scale. I am going to try real hard to stay away from one for a little while. Now that I'm over this holiday and all the extra food is gone. I'm gonna give it a good try. I have about 5 weeks till my next appointment and I need to start now.

Morning! We've had snow all morning! But it's 40 degrees out, so no chance it'd stick.

I finished that book this weekend, the Brief & Wonderous life of Oscar Wao. Very.. interesting. Surprised it made best seller and stuff.. it was about a Fuku (curse) in the Dominican Republic that followed a family for generations, particularly their love lives and lives in general, a lot of flashing back & forth in time. I mean, it was an interesting read (that I was able to finish) but nothing that would make me insist someone else read it. In fact some of it was vulgar enough I'm not going to give it to my Granny to read--I normally give her every book I read.

I just ordered a coffee table & end table from overstock. I've been holding out for years for my parent's hand me downs, and they almost got new ones this year, then mom backed out. Tired of waiting on their hand me downs and I hate my glass tops (I hate glass tops!!). It was $600 with the specials going on, and then I get a 15% rebate for paying with paypal. Wood tops with metal scrollwork bodies.. 1 coffee table & 2 end tables.

I also got some books I ordered in today.. Snow Flower & The Secret Fan (recommended to me on Amazon based on other books I bought) it's another historical novel, new york times best seller and I believe it's about china..

Also got The Life Before Her Eyes, that movie I watched last week. Can't wait to read this book and find out more info.

Any of you watch Lost? Or Fringe? They are by the same guy JJ Abrahms, and with all the goofy stuff going on in Lost.. well I've been watching Fringe and on the last Fringe it had 'fake airplane' tickets for some of the workers of this big corporation that is doing bad things, on an OCEANIC flight, that is suppose to cover up their murders. Hmmmm. My head is going to explode if they are trying to converge Fringe & Lost.

HI HI HI

Hope everyones Turkey day went great. Man, my four day weekend flew by in a blur. I ate way way too much on Thursday. Juan's family did four fried turkeys, they were amazing. And at my house I made two turkeys in the oven. One cajun flavored and one regular. They were both amazingly good. Much better than my mom's, if I say so myself. Pat on the back for me, LOL.

We spent most of Thursday cooking and eating and then Friday morning we got up early and left for Mexico. Just got back right now. I just sat down to relax for a bit before I start unloading the car and start getting the house organized. I left it a holy mess and I hate returning to a messy house...

I'm gonna catch up on posts and see what trouble ya'll have been up too...

Wow Judy, I looked at those pics and then looked out my window at the sunshine and said a quick 'Thank you God' prayer. I would love snow every once in a while but my goodness...that is amazing!

Welcome back Haydee!

I've been busy working on our company's holiday party (which I organize)...the party is Thursday. We got a huge response in this year (yea!!) but the problem is the room isn't quite large enough (boo!!) for all the additional people. Panic time!

Question: I suppose if I can get an entire egg salad sandwich on whole wheat toast down my gullet then it's time for a fill, eh? I've been wrestling and wrestling with this delimma for months!!

Hey Violets~

We are home! Long 5 days, I've aged and gained...but it was beautiful. Thank you all for the kind words and the cards. The plant looks perfect and I promise I will put a pix up soon.

I've read the 8 pages...found the new thread...I missed you guys.

I need a huge nap...will post more later!

xoxoxo

"globule" and "gullet"... 2 words you don't see everyday!

Judy, love the pics of your winter wonderland... at first I thought you shot them in B&W, but then realized that's just how it all looks up there! Sorry about your tree... but glad to be there for the changing of the flag!

Terri: yes.

A boring day here... yes, that's what I said... boring... even snuck in about an hour's nap... shhhh, don't tell anyone!

Good evening, Violets...

PamELas back!!!!!! We've MISSED you!!!

My snowblower is back too!!! wooo hooooo. And we're under a winter storm warning until 11 tonight with 1-3 more inches of snow expected. At least I don't have to shovel anymore. whew!! It was a beautiful drive to pick up the snowblower. It looked like a painted picture with all the trees loaded and bending down with snow. My tree out front that had lights way up has lights way low now!! Same with the tree by the hot tub.

I've got dinner in the oven and just wating for the Bobster to get back from switching cars with DS Joe. I have Community Chorus rehearsal tonight. Don't think there will be many there, but it's in town and not far from me, so I'll go.

Will check in later tonight...

I made another batch of fudge and a batch of Peanut Butter fudge and some peppermint bark. Hope the family likes all of it.

Welcome back Haydee. I never leave the house unless it's clean. I hate coming home and having to work.

Judy, loved the pics. That is so sad about the tree. I guess I can't complain about my little 1/2 inch that we got, but it sure was pretty while it lasted.

Think I'll take doggie for a little walk. It's 33 degrees and the wind has died down alittle.

Have a great evening.

I usually never do either Suzie but it was a mad house last week. I was cooking and organizing on Wednesday night. Then all day Thursday I was at my mom's getting dinner together. Did I mention to ya'll that she fell off a ladder and broke her arm and twisted her knee last week? Well she did. She was organizing her closet. And so then me and my sisters took over the feast. So anyways, I was over there pretty early Thursday and we ate and socialized until around 10pm. Then my sisters and Juan's brothers all wanted to go out so we went out that night. Didn't come home till about 3am. Then the next morning we got up at 7am, packed for our trip, went and dropped off our dogs at the boarders and left for Mexico.

Terry - our holiday party is this weekend and we're rushing around too getting final touches ready. We're only expecting 80 though!

Pamela - GLAD TO HAVE YOU BACK!!

Judy - OMG the snow looks amazing. It really looks like a fairy tale. But I'm with TracyK. It's sunny and like in the 60's here right now. Wouldn't trade it for anything, LOL!

I've just finished bribing my sister to come over and help me clean up and get my house together again. I have to make her a pot of chili though... So I better get busy with that!

Terry if you can have that before 5pm (and the entire thing after 5pm), yes.. time for a fill!!

Welcome back Pam!

Our Xmas party use to be a pot luck, but this year is when we had that employee who had the filthy disgusting house and got arrested, etc., so.. due to this, we nixed pot lucks from here on out. We did some printing for this fancy place called ketchup (funny huh?) and did a trade off, they're doing a buffet style and letting us have our party there. I've never been there, but apparently it's like a gourmet diner and they serve a bunch of different flavored ketchups lol.

Dec. 15th.. busy week for me next week.. Dec. 11 find out what our baby violet is (I may have a tiny penis in me!?! Yeah do I sound 12 or what.), Dec 12 is the surprise party I'm throwing for my friend, Dec. 13th is Nutcracker (I hate this show, but a coworker is the lead dancer so we agreed to go see him). Dec. 15th is the company party.. whew.

Oh and this Saturday all my girlfriends I been catching up with are coming over.. my turn to host the girl's night out!

Welcome Home Pam. We missed you tons.

I think I need to go spend a weekend at Haydee's. Sounds like they know how to party. Sorry to hear about your Mom's little mishap. Maybe she'll learn to stay off those things now.

It's times like right now that I'm mad that I didn't let hubby put a fire in the fireplace. Just got home from walking doggie and I need to thaw out. Looks like I'll have to turn my lap blanket on and cover up.