Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Good evening, Violets..

We're back!! Had a great time, though a little stressful. The turkey was put in at 9:30 this morning so we could eat at 2:30. Well, it wasn't done and wasn't done and wasn't done. Found out the lid on the roaster was not on tight so the temperature wasn't getting up to where it needed to be. Sooooooooooo We rigged up a "redneck" roaster with a big ol' orange strap around the roaster and lid to keep it tight and that did the trick. We ate at 4:30 and I had been grazing on chips and pickled beets, pickles and M&M's all afternoon. When I sat down with my reasonably portioned meal, I took two bites and had to go to the bathroom to pb. Tried again with the same results, so I gave up. Had a little sliver of pecan pie, minus the crust and the pecans and a tiny sliver of butterscotch pie, minus the crust. So of course not much Protein in, but lots of crap!!

I have the turkey carcass and will start cooking it tonight for Soup. Plus I cut my finger on one of Kris's sharp, SHARP knives!! Wouldn't stop bleeding and hurt like heck, but it's better now.

I had a great time with granddaughter Amelia who will be 2 in a week. She is talking up a storm and just a little sweetheart. She looks so much like me when I was a baby, it's scary!! I sure missed Ethan today, but hope he will be over tomorrow.

I'm going to go start the soup and sit and relax for awhile in front of the tv. Everyone have a great evening. Don't even think about the scales until Monday when it's a new month!!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Hope you all had wonderful days. We did...and yes, I PB'd on rice and Beans (which my Hispanic relatives have for every meal). They were so yummy and I just shouldn't have had it. After that I had dark turkey with lots of gravy, sweet potatoes, dressing, green Beans, pecan pie, chocolate cake and banana pudding....but drastically reduced portions of each! My chocolate toffee trifle MELTED en route so didn't even serve it. Bad news is that I brought it home and it tastes incredible!!! ...so now I have a trifle that serves 12 in my fridge!! :-/

I am very thankful today for each of your friendships and I love you all!!!

XOXOXO

(((Special Hugs)))) for Pamela.

Back from a long day of eating ... I am so full....... but I will admit it was nice to actually eat real food... Charles scoffed and said I only ate a normal sized portion but I am so full.......

I'm tired so I'm getting offline.....

Happy Turkey Night!

I am going to bed also, had a nice day. Ate too much, but.....

Work tomorrow and Saturday. Not real super busy tomorrow, I need to do some office stuff at work, so this will give me the time.

Have a good long weekend if you get it!!

Happy Belated Thanksgiving, Violets~~

Wow -- yesterday flew by me and I never had a chance to pop on & tell you all how thankful I am to have each of you in my life!!! I love you all!!!

BIL & family arrived @ 9am yesterday... had a huge b'fast; then started to cook dinner... I can't remember the last time I cooked a turkey, so I was a bit nervous... didn't want it to be all dry & nasty... and happily, it came out PERFECTLY... soo golden brown & juice just dripping off w/each slice... + all the regular stuff... green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, mashed taters, pumpkin bread, crescent rolls, gravy, stuffing, etc & so forth. I didn't pb on anything, but ate much less than in the old days... much, much less!

My sil was in charge of pies, which you know I LOVE my baking, so it was kind of a big deal for me to let that go, but I did... well, she bought them from some gal who makes them... and they were HORRIBLE! Seriously! How do you mess up pie? The pumpkin was tasteless & the apple was mush. Oh well, serves me right, I shouldn't be eating that crap anyway!!

So they're all still here, too!! So off to make b'fast & then figure out what we're going to do today... probably Madagascar 2 w/the kids... the cats will like that, as the 2-yo keeps chasing them around saying, "Kitty!"... my cats aren't used to that!!

Will check back later!!

Morning everyone

well, i think i figured out why i've been so bloated and chew on gas-x like it is my best friend. I had a gallbladder attack yesterday afternoon when i ate a pc of bacon. Just to let you all know - it was horrible, between the feeling like i couldn't move without throwing up and the sharp pain in my back right under my ribs - i choked down a slice of turkey and a couple bites of plain mashed potatoes.

it actually seemed to settle my stomach for about an hour and that was it. I am not sure if the feeling like i'm going to throw up or pain is worse, but i have know this was coming but have been ignoring it since June when the pain started and serious Constipation. I was about 30 seconds from going to the ER last night it was so bad..... ugh.......but would sure explain a lot

I'm at work so no dr today, but i'm going to make an appt today - thank goodness my lapband dr is a general surgeon, because i want him to take it out, but need a referral from primary with my new insurance...

going to be a long day

Michelle

that is funny about the 2yo and cats...

I took Dylan to see that movie, it was good.... I enjoyed it too - which was good since it cost a small fortune to go to the movies...lol

Good Morning Shoppers.

Not me. I chose to stay home and warm this morning. I will however be getting out here soon. Going with younger sis to go get her hubbies work check and than to Hobby Lobby. Other than that I declared yesterday that today I was "Off Duty". They are on their own.

I did ok at dinner time yesterday, it was the snacking beforehand that got a little out of control. I did go for a huge walk in the morning and ended up going again in the evening.

Jenn, becareful of that gallbladder. I've had those attacks and they do hurt alot. Take good care of yourself.

Everyone have a great day.

Good Morning, Violets..

Didn't get up till 9 this morning!! No early morning shopping for me. I did it last year and swore never again! Couldn't believe the rude people and not being able to get what was advertised. It's so much nicer staying in my jammies and reading the paper with the Bobster. Kids are coming over at 1:30 today. Ethan comes at 11:30. We'll have a birthday celebration at 4:30 at the Chinese restaurant and then go watch the parade. I have Soup steeping and the house smells wonderful. I missed that Thanksgiving smell here that we had at Kris's.

I'm going to go get ready to take my friend to her radiation treatment. Everyone have a great day!! BBL...

Judy let me know that Soup recipe, we have 3 carcasses at my moms house, going to tell her to save me one.. I wanna soup!!

I only PB'd once, pre-meal.. I snacked on a deviled egg and my brain lapsed, I took 1/3 bite of the egg and didn't chew at all.. so I immediately ran to the bathroom and spit up 1/3 of the egg lol.

But then it was like a miracle (a bad one!) I could eat everything on my plate. I ate SO much it was like I had no band. I got to the point I was so full, I was way too full and felt bad.. and then I got this severe pain in my left shoulder, which I had a few days ago at work.. must have to do with eating. So we went home early so I could lay down and baby my shoulder. Had indigestion ever since eating yesterday, burps and gas.. yuck.

One of Russ' brothers didn't make it down, but he called last night (one that bailed on us last week moving furniture) and said he was coming here at 8am to finish moving furniture. So he calls us at 8am (which wakes me up) and says he's on his way. It's 10am and he just called and said he's not coming. ARGH. I don't know what his problem is. Don't come, but don't keep making me think someone is coming, where I get up, clean up, get ready for company--then bail.

My granny made 2 turkeys, but she dropped one the other day so we only had 1.. She is the hostess with the mostess so when everyone kept asking for more turkey she acted like her dementia set in..she'd say OK! disappear and come back with.. nothing lol. She finally told me & my mom what happened. My mom did get 2 deep fried turkeys from her friend.. they are soooo good.. deep fried in peanut oil. But she only did breasts this year, and I don't eat white meat :blush:

About to go heat up some left overs, and read a book. I bought the Brief & Wonderous Life of Omar Wao months ago when I hurt my back and was bed ridden and never got around to reading it. I keep seeing reviews on it and it's been a best seller or something on Amazon.

Yeah I don't shop today, and try not to leave the house all together. Good luck to those of you who are!

Good afternoon, Violets..

I got my first Christmas card in the mail today! Thanks, Laura!!!

The Soup recipe is basic. Just put the carcass in my Nesco roaster, fill with Water and a spoonful of Better than Bouillon chicken mix and leave on 200 degrees for a day and a half. It makes a dark, rich stock. I strain out the liquid, add corn, carrots, celery, noodles, onions, the meat and wa la... turkey noodle soup.

hey can someone send me the nex updated mailing list?

I DO NOT USE my aol email at all, so if you could send to

jstroman@nycap.rr.com

that would be great

i'm trying to choke down a lean cusine lunch, very low fat, i feel like someone is jabbing my insides out but i'm so hungry - and if i go home hungry, i'll just eat whatever is in my path and that would just be bad right now

Jenn, Did you get the list? If not let me know. Kat just sent it out. How is it going with the Gallbladder? Don't let it get to out of control before you head to the ER. Take care.

Yes thank you

I did get it from Kat

I have an appt Tuesday am with my lapband dr who is also a general surgeon and hopefully he will take it out.

Pray for me gals that i don't have to go to the ER before then - besides feeling like i'm going to get sick which gets me way down (it comes in waves) i feel like i've been hit by a truck

Everything i read says go to er if have a fever so that will be my breaking point

Tracyks-

I got my flying monkey today, that was awesome (i have mail issues)

hope you are all having a great day