Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Good evening, Violets..

Well, they said the storm was to start at 7.. it's now 8 and it's starting with rain. The police scanner came on and said up to 10" tonight and tomorrow morning. Ah the joys of living in Northern Michigan. We went out and got milk and Snacks for Ethan for tomorrow if he comes.

Bob will be taking my friend to her radiation treatment if the roads are really bad.

Michelle..I always knew you were a thread started.. :thumbup::tt2:

TracyK.. congrats on throwing away that cake. It's an empowering feeling, isn't it?

The Bobster and I went out for dinner so we didn't overdose on turkey noodle Soup. I order a sandwich and ate half of it. Bob ate the other half and I brought all the onion straws home to warm up tomorrow for Ethan and me.

Well, Pistons lost this afternoon, no hot tub cause of the weather, but Desperate Housewives is on and so is the fireplace. I'm a happy camper. Everyone have a good evening. sleep well!!

Here's a pic from our Thanksgiving... MIL insisted that we wear the antlers, which is why ds looks so happy, I think... + note the little ones clutching the wine bottles... lol...

post-330799-13813142081789_thumb.png

post-214707-13813137927112_thumb.jpg

Michelle, you all look so happy, that is a great picture!! That little girl with all the curls reminds me of my best friends daughter (15 years ago!). I just got another letter about the letter I am writing and the date they must be in is the 20 of December. I will hurry!!! Thanks again!!!

Got a lot done on a counted cross stitch thing I am making for my cousin. They sort of collect gnomes, and this says "To Gno-me is to Love me". I ordered it online and got some extras I have one left if anyone wants it. It is just the pattern and a heart button.

Speaking of anyone wanting something, I have got a bunch of Protein Powder, no matter what I think I am not going to use it. Any takers? If not any ideas where some new people are who would want it?

Okay off to bed, tomorrow I have got a pretty busy day off. I get my eyes examined, then go shopping with my mom.

Jane

Laura - Have you felt the baby move?? I remember when I realized that the flutter I was feeling was the baby it freaked me out!!...and I also realized that I had been feeling it for quite awhile and didn't know that's what it was! I thought it was gas bubbles!! So be on high alert for gas bubbles! :-) That's the coolest. Then a few weeks later Russell will be able to feel it move. I'll never forget how big my (ex-)DH's eyes got when he felt the baby move for the first time. What a great memory that is. I'm so excited for you!

TracyK - LOL ...when I saw the pic of that cake the first thing I thought of was, "Oh, those edges are all crooked!!" I always pick on a cake like that a fork at a time until the edges are even. Anyone else do that? That cake sounds wonderful, though! The trifle I made had layers of Ghiradelli (sp?) brownies, chocolate pudding, Ghiradelli milk chocolate chips, toffee chips and whipped cream! SINFUL, I tell ya!

Jenn- Sorry you're feeling bad again but glad to hear you're taking care by going on a liquid diet. I hate to think of you in pain :thumbup:

Denise - Sorry hon. Like Tracy said, it's in God's hands and He knows what is best. Maybe this will be another wake-up call for your daughter...? What a stressful family situation! Does she live with you?

Judy - I was thinking of you tonight while we were putting up Xmas lights and I was complaining of being cold....it was about 55 degrees and I had 2 jackets on!! LOL In my defense, the wind WAS blowing! I have a pitiful tolerance for cold weather.

I finally got finished with my necklace and earrings. That thing must have taken me at least 10 hours or more to make! But it's 3 strands of Swarovski beads all joined together like a rosary is-- very labor intensive. The colors are sable brown, topaz, gold, and with a little touch of teal. It's purdy.

Well, I'm pooped and gonna get my jammies on and read in bed for a bit. Big week ahead!!

Niters.

Morning gals

running late but we have company at work today so i know there is no way i can check in, drinking my coffee trying to wake up - i have not slept good in a week

Terry- I love your jewelery, you are so talented

Judy - i had a fire roaring Saturday night - just so relaxing

Denise - The girls are right, doesn't make it easy but there is a reason if she looses the baby. The summer before i got preg with ds, We went on vac in August, I knew i was preg ... 100% knew it but all test came out neg. I was taking diet pills, jet skiing, working out like a mad woman (i did look hot) and puking my brains out. I finally went to gyno and was told i was preg, but my levels were very low, next day started bleeding and had to have my levels checked every other day for a week. Lost the baby

Anyway, it was horrible, I was14 weeks along (i've lost a few but never that far) I was an emotional basket case... and 6 mos later, it started all over again, so i took it easy even when test was neg, i was taken out of work 3 times!

Jane- I love the bookmark- you are just amazing with your crossstitch, what details and patience

well, off to get dressed and to work... I won't be able to check in so i hope you all have a good day

Terry you are right...we all forked the cake before it went in the garbage!! LOL

Michelle-good thing I had thrown that cake away before you posted that pic...I would have been oeffnded! LOL :thumbup:

Judy-yes I felt like superwoman after I threw it away!!

Good morning violets! Cyber Monday....whatever. Just means everyone else but me can shop and get deals with no shipping fees....lol

Have a great day everyone and make healthy choices! ITS MONDAY!

(((Pamela)))

I promise it wasn't a cryptic message for you, TracyK... it just cracked me up! + I thought it was a good visual for me to remember the next time I'm faced w/cake!!

Today is "clean up from Thanksgiving weekend" day... I know, you're all envious of my exciting life!!

Make it a good one, Vi's!!

Good Morning, Violets..

Boy did we get slammed with snow last night!!! All area schools are closed today. We got about 8 inches and it's still snowing. It's heavy snow and all the tree branches are bent down. I got some pics I'll post in a little bit. Slept in till 9. Today is Bob's pension day so I got online and paid all the bills. Easy come, easy go!!! He needs to go out and shovel. At least the driveway won't be too bad before the car smooshes everything down. I'm going to go get dressed and help him.

Will check back in later. Everyone have a great day. No Ethan for me so it will be a day when I can get some things done around the house. BBL...

He needs to go out and shovel. At least the driveway won't be too bad before the car smooshes everything down. I'm going to go get dressed and help him.

Will check back in later.

NOTE TO SELF: Never complain about 55 degree weather again. :thumbup:

Woke up to snow, but only about an inch.

I did some damage already last night, which was actually Monday at cjbanks.com. Everything was 50%, and no shipping, then I found a coupon for $20 off! Wow, I got a bunch of shirts for cheap!!

I am off to do some shopping now!!

Have a good one!!

Morning girls, just a quick check in. I am off to shop, and to take Kinsey to lunch. Manda took the day off to spend with Kinsey for her actual birthday---so my Mom and I are meeting them for a 4 generation lunch! Then Mom and I are going to take advantage of not having her and do our shopping for her!

Mom has a couple things left and she is done. I have all my kids done, and Connor done, need to do Kinsey and my inlaws and I will be done. Got my Letter done for my cards last night, also typed up Moms and printed it, so she is ready to do an assembly line and send out her cards. Will deliver my MIL's labels and cards I picked up for her on my way to town today!

Last year my brother bought Rick and I this bed topper--it is like a featherbed only it is fiberfill. He bought it at Sears, and it was HUGE---big and poofy, so you can imagine to fit a King size bed, it was big. We used it last year and loved it. But it adds so much warmth we took it off for the summer. So I saw it in the shed when we brought in all the Christmas stuff, and went----OH YEAH! So we put it on last night-----so soft and snuggly, I was able to sleep in, so I was wallowing around in the bed this morning, just enjoying the dozing.....when I heard the trash truck! DAMN-we forgot to take the dumpsters to the road! So up I fly, grab clothes, and a coat, and my crocs and run them down just in time to be dumped. What a RUDE awakening, when I was cuddling in the bed just sooooo happy!!!

I am having some sort of reaction, and have hives. So I am gonna zombie out and take some Zyrtec----they come and go, and pop up in the wierdest places. My inner thigh is itching like crazy right now, and to scratch them only makes them worse, plus Lord knows what it looks like I am scratching if I do!!! Hope the Zyrtec helps quickly!

Well if I am going to be ready when my Mom gets here, I better get busy. I DID get the greenery put across the top of the entertainment center! And my normal clear rope lights changed to red ones! So decorating HAS begun........carpets still remain un shampooed! Someone needs to stand behind me with a whip!!!

HO HO HO!

Kat

Ahhhhhhhhh in from the shoveling. Got it all done. Here are some pics. It's beautiful outside, but the sad thing is I lost my beautiful flowering crab tree. We've had it for 15 years and it was really nice and tall. It is snapped off in the middle. I'm so upset!!!

Kat.. I had a bout with hives about 27 years ago. I was in the hospital from Thanksgiving to just before Christmas. I had pneumonia and hives EVERYWHERE.. and I mean everywhere, inside and out. It was horrendous. I think I mentioned here before that I was trying to have a girl and pickled myself with a vinegar douche. That thew off my immune system and started the hives. The pneumonia didn't help either. I could literally feel the hives start at one side of my lip and move all the way across. I was just a mass of hives. I don't ever want to go through that again!!!

I'm off to have some squash for lunch and then take a shower and get dressed so we can go pick up the snowblower. The snowplow is going to come by and push all the snow from the road back into our driveway and no way am I shoveling anymore!! Not only was there a good 8-10 inches of snow, but there was slush underneath. It had rained before it snowed last night. Well, at least I got some good exercise in.

Enjoy the pics.. I'll post Christmas decoration pics later today.

Slideshow of pictures, photos, and videos, from webshots