Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Good Morning, Violets..

Well, it's snowing again!! We're supposed to get 2-4 more inches today. I'm really feeling the muscles from the shoveling I did on Monday. Guess it was good exercise!

TracyinKS.. where are you??????? Everything ok there??? We might have to send out the flying monkeys to bring you back!!

I'm waiting for Ethan to arrive so I can drive his dad to work. I sure wish they could get their van fixed so I got my car back, but at least I don't have to have it to drive to work every day. I can't tell you how great it is to be retired and not have to worry about that stuff anymore.

PamELa.. it's so good to have you back posting. You know how much we love you and missed you.

TracyK.. just read your message while typing mine. I haven't weighed yet. We have a doctor appointment on the 15th so I'm going to wait until just before then to weigh. I figure I have almost 2 weeks to get a few pounds off. I don't seem motivated to exercise lately except for my hot tub exercises. I got the zumba tapes, but have not even looked at them yet. Just too much going on this month. At least that's my excuse this month!!

Gotta get my hair curled before Joe and Ethan arrive. Everyone have a great day!!

Good Morn, Vi's~~

Am going to start Xmas shopping today... Target & Kohl's are on the list... am trying to use only cash, so need to do this in fits & spurts when I get a check, which come in fits & spurts (that's the worst thing about freelancing, the irregular pay)... I may place some online orders as well, so they have time to get here (altho it's really not the holiday season if I'm not waiting for something to arrive at the last minute -- it adds that extra special panic-y feeling to the festivities, lol!)

Between that and an orthodontist appointment for ds & dd's last evening "Annie" rehearsal, + some PTA duties, will keep me out of trouble today.

Make it a great one!

Judy!! Al Roker said it was snowing in "Alpena, Michigan" this morning & showed it on the map and I said out loud: "Hi Judy!" Didja hear me?

No work so far for Joe today so no Ethan either. :smile2: I haven't had him all week! Off to clean off the car and head to my flute rehearsal.... bbl

sorry I've been mia.........

I jacked my back up and have been going to the chiro every morning........ my work biotch pulled a doozey and I walked into a battlefield yesterday.... I am so so so sick of it and her. Long story....... I'm busy busy busy this week.

I did not go get my fill today..... to much else going on.

185 today

thanks for the well wishes. I actually got on the scale and lost two pounds? I honestly don't know how that happened!!! Weird!!!

Hope your back gets better Tracy!!

have 6 minutes to get dressed, makeup on, and out the door to work!!! If it didn't take so long for me to do I would put one of the eek smiley faces, alright 5 minutes now, bye!!!!!!!

WAY TO GO JANE!! Two pounds is awesome!!

I have just committed to going to Juan's cousin's wedding on Dec 27th. I have the perfect dress for it but I need to lose like 5 lbs so it's not so snug. I AM OFF SWEETS until Christmas. There, I said it. I haven't seen his extended family since I was 300 lbs so I want to really WOW them.

Laura - so sorry that you're having to go through the drama. I agree with all the ladies here and think that you should talk to Russell. I feel that once you marry then your partner becomes first before all others.

Kat - have you started baking for Christmas already?? What are all the Cookies for?? I LOVE baking cookies. They make the house smell so yummy.

Woohoo Jane!

Good luck with no sweets Haydee, I'm sure you know but if you cut out all sugars, it will make it easier to stop eating sweets (after a few days of course), you'll stop craving it.

I think I mentioned the coffee table & end tables I bought yesterday? Maybe not.. I bought them from Overstock, I've been waiting for my mom's hand me downs and I give up waiting, I hate my glass tops (hate hate hate). So I found some on Overstock that I liked, and though I have been screwed by buying furniture online in the past (not from Overstock though, we've bought a bed & our current living room table set there with no complaints--except that I hate glass top). A lot of reviews and everyone says it looks great, it's heavy & sturdy, the only problem is the shelves don't have pre-drilled holes but everyone says it's no big deal to drill your own and we have a drill so.. I got em.

MLB10751186.jpg

I'm so giddy, I've been wanting new tables for 4 years now. They come Monday! Going to sell my old glass tops on Craigslist.

Anyone know why my house would be so dang dusty? We thought it was from smoking, and we change filters regularly.. but when we stopped smoking I cleaned our vents and changed the filter, and we still have a ridiculous amount of dust *and I dust once a week!* I can't figure out why we have such bad dust.. could 2 cats create so much? We're not in a desert, which was always dusty from the sand when we lived in NM..

Our company's White Tiger Paws, first shipment came in and someone opened a box.. Om nom nom nom. I ate one and was able to stop at just one, because it was 10am and something so sweet.. didn't need 2! White chocolate turtles... and they are hand-made and very generous with the caramel. I helped design our custom box this year, turned out very very cute. Metallic silver-blue background with pale blue snowflakes on top of that and then a white tiger with a santa hat standing next to our logo.

LOVE the tables, Laura!! I know how excited you must be!! Good for you!

The only thing I can think of with the dust .... are they kicking up a lot of dust in your area? Has the weather been particularly dry or dusty? Maybe your windows should be re-caulked? Hmmm. My house get dusty fast, too. Maybe it just needs a good spring cleaning....tops of entertainment units and cabinets, under beds, baseboards, picture frames and lampshades, CURTAINS AND CARPETS....?

Hey Violets~

Thanks for the flying monkey shout out on Facebook Tracyk...I am just slow getting over here!

Since I don't go back to work until Friday, we slept in today until 6:45 and then went to the gym for a longer work out. Felt good...and really what I needed! Then we came home, played w/ Klaus, cleaned his poo up, took showers, then...I could get to the puter and have coffee! Whew!

We are going to the movies today to see Austrailia! Gonna sink in and get a gross amount of popcorn and ESCAPE! Then need to do some shopping (groceries and misc crapola). This afternoon is diss and she has her softball practice. She has a tough game this weekend. The team is called HARD LIQUIORS and they are this tough lesbian softball team. Last game, they had just finished playing before Sus's team and sat there and boo'd Sus's team. There is some serious BAD BLOOD...and these women are freakin scarey! I met these great gals at the first game (we've all gone out a few times now) and we love the drama (of course, we are sitting on the sidelines laughing where it is safe). Anywhoo..I'll keep you posted on the game.

Cleaning does not sound fun! I am still procrastinating over shampooing my carpets!!!

Love the tables Laura. We bought ours several years ago....I like them ok, I think I am just ready for a change....but my finances say they are fine! LOL

Hives continue....and I seriously do not want to go the steroid route. Last time I reacted to the prednisone--in 3 days time it took my vision from 20/20 to 20/300!!! By the morning of the second day I realized I couldn't read license plate, by that night---everything was a mass blur. I could not read billboards, faces were simply skin tone blobs---no features! I was in a panic--rushed to the ER, and the Dr. looked it up, and while it is an extremely rare reaction to corticosteroids, I was not the first, nor only one for it to affect that way. I discontinued them immediately and within 36 hours, my vision was completely normal again. That was over 12 years ago--my vision is not as good without any drugs now as it was then, so I'd go completely blind!

Whether that or the itching misery would be worse, I don't know. They are seeming to get worse with pressure. Anywhere I have clothing pressing, or if I wear shoes....that is where they pop....and if I scratch myself, up it pops. That is supposed to tell me something, I just don't remember what it means!

Haydee, I am making Cookies to take to the neighbors. So I guess it is holiday baking. Partly because Kinsey loves doing it so much---it makes it fun!

I am going to start roasting peanuts tonight. They are for Rick to hand out at work. If I start them tonight, we can both work on them over the next several days while he is off. I found some really cute bags, with a zip top, and above the zipper top is a little handle. So we can fill them, and be done.

Well my girl finally woke up! She stayed awake for an hour and a half when she got here, and then crashed in my bed. So now that she is up we will get started on the tree. So will catch you girls later!!

Kat

Laura - those are soooo cute! I've been looking and looking for a coffee table and a side table for my living room. I'm waiting for them to come up on craigslist. That's how I've furnished most of my current house. I'm gonna be patient and keep waiting.

Hey, how do you embed your pictures in your message? I always have to attach mine and I don't like that.... I want it to be in the body of the message.

Oh and my house stays dusty too. I dust once a week. Is that too few in between dustings? I remember when I was younger at my mom's house we would dust once a week and it was fine. Now I dust and just a few days later I see dust on my mantle, dust on my TV credenza... Yuck. I hate that...

...I'm sure you know but if you cut out all sugars, it will make it easier to stop eating sweets (after a few days of course), you'll stop craving it...

actually i didn't know that? I've cut out sweets before but usually only last a few days. I hope that it works for me. I am a major sugar addict. MAJOR...

Good afternoon, Violets..

It's been snowing all day. Just what we need. But at least the big globs of snow on the tree branches have been falling off. My Christmas lights are now almost back to where they should be.

No Ethan today so I've been putzing around the house. Got my ironing done..(remind me never to buy shirts on sale for the Bobster unless I first read whether they are 100% cotton or not!!).

Choir is in a little bit and then dinner out with my friend Kathy and her DH. I'm anxious to see how her fill is that she got on Monday. She braved the bad storm to drive 4 hours there and 4 hours back. Now that's dedication!!!

Remember when I said I wasn't going to shovel anymore?? Well, when the Bobster left to go Christmas shopping for me (not like I'd stop him from doing that!!!), I decided I'd snowblow the driveway. Well, the stuff is so wet, it kept getting clogged up and then finally ran out of gas. I'd have to let the garage dog out, open the garage and get the gas and I wasn't about to do that so I ended up shoveling most of the driveway again. I keep telling myself it's good exercise!

Laura, the tables are beautiful!!! And I too want to know how to embed the pics instead of attaching them.

PamELa.. that movie got great reviews. Let me know what you think.

Jane.. CONGRATS on dropping the 2# !!! Sure wish I could!!

Kat.. I feel your pain with the hives.. been there, done that. Hope you get some relief soon!!

I got all the invitations done for Kris's baby shower. Got all 75 in the mail today. I made the invitations and the labels so that was a cost saver. The shower is in January and we're going to have Soups and salads and a cupcake tree. I won the cupcake tree on ebay and it should be here this week.

Well, off to choir and the rest of my evening. Catch you all later tonight!!