Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Morning all!

Fire is going, and Kinsey and I have had Breakfast, but I just cannot get the gumption up to do anything at all. I know it is the sedative effect of the antihistimines, that I am taking for the hives....which are still popping up in wierd places, then itch and swell, and finally go away, only to appear in a dozen other areas. Right now my worst break out is under my left ear, down towards my jaw, itching like mad!

Wind is still blowing, trying to get a storm in to us, but it wimps out, we are still getting into the 60's during the day, setting all kinds of high temp records! Supposed to be 10 degrees colder tomorrow. The nights get well below freezing, so the fire is going....just a wierd winter so far! I mean I know it isn't even technically winter....but you know what I mean!!!

A couple of hours of work, and the stocking will be done as far as I can take it at this point. Not tons left to do, but delicate work. Santa's face has to be done, and it is all stitched, satin stitched cheeks, and eyes, small close work. I also have some embroider work to do to complete his belt. Then I just wait for a name, and stitch it on, and sew the back on and hang it with the rest.

Kinsey and I are going to get some more Christmas put up today. Then this afternoon we are going to bake some Cookies, to take to the neighbors next door and to send home with her, I cannot have them in the house!

Tonight I am going to have Rick move my trunk and get the tree put into the sled/stand. Then I will put the beads and garland I use on, and wait for Kinsey tomorrow to come and put on ornaments.

Which takes me to Thursday, and Rick is off for 4-5 days then, so who knows what will be going on. We are discussing a possible trip to Denver. I am against it.....I have other uses for the finances involved in doing that! We always end up spending a fortune, eating out at high dollar places etc. His sister and brother there, do NOT do fast food, and they do not do anything inexpensive!

At any rate, the rest of the outside will get done, and by weekend I will be ready!

Tonight I am going with my friend to do her tree for the Festival of the Trees. She got Boot Barn to sponsor her tree, and went with the Western Theme. Also has gift cards to Big R, Western Warehouse, and a couple of local western wear stores. So we spent part of the day tying bandana bows onto fake barbed wire for garland, it actually turned out pretty cute! All the ornaments look like metal--well some are actually metal. We have a cowboy santa for under the tree that I think Judy needs! I laready have plans to go buy a set of the cowboy snowmen ornaments!! Will try to get some pictures, and have someone help me post them! Everytime I try the size is too big. And my brain too small!

Well nothing is getting done with me sitting here on my behind!!!

Will check in on my break, because I KNOW I will be taking breaks, I am exhausted and have done nothing!

Kat

Gross Laura, I HATE being cold... I'm so glad Juan likes the same temperature as me or else I don't know what I would do! My sisters hate the heater on and they jack down the thermostat even in the winter. That's why I can't ever spend the night with them. During this time we sleep with the heater on at about 74 and in the summer the house stays at a constant 79 or 80. I don't like being cold at all ever...

we're getting ready to head out to a birthday lunch for one of my co-workers. I'm starving and she's late as always...

hi guys

Judy, chocolate is my favorite,

Haydee, I have to say yours does sound very warm too...(might have to check that out)

I have a large living room, the lenght of my house, which was seperated by a fireplace that was built out 6' into the room so it divides them, but they are all painted and furnished as if they were 1

Well, Made it back from the dr...after he pressed on my gall bladder - said it had to go, i got up, walked down the hall and puked... made it downstairs... and puked again.

Going for an ultrasound 8:30 Thurs and up to him when it is done to give me a date.... On a liquid diet until I see him, and i'm sure until surgery

hmmmmmmmmm Jello again :cursing:

Oh... Tracy

then because I have not been able to eat for a month and eat what ever will go down i should be happy that i'm only bouncing 5-7 lbs... LOL

I've been in the same place... but the pkg of gasx every other day is due to gall bladder so hopefully that bloat will go away and I can get back on track...

OMG... will he have to unfil me?

Pammy - Welcome back, sweetheart. I hope you rest well today. How's your stepmom doing?

Jenn - Sorry you have to have surgery :cursing: But I'm glad it's nothing more serious AND that you have insurance to cover it!!! I don't know if he will have to unfill you. Even if they do, it will only be for awhile!

Re: being cold.... Just wait 'til menopause, girls!! OMG!! Hot cold hot cold hot cold hot cold hot cold hot cold. It's ridiculous!!! At night I sleep with the ceiling fan on AND a smaller table top fan blowing right on me...and we keep the house at about 72 degrees! Nights are the worst. LOL! Your day will come!

Haydee - our company Christmas party on Thursday is for 200 people! Fortunately I have a generous budget so that sure makes it easy. I LOVE the band we have playing, The David Caceres Band. They play at Sullivan's and some places downtown, too..... be on the lookout for them, they are VERY good.

Laura - I had to laugh at you..."I might have a little penis inside me??" ROFL!! I can't wait for you to find out!!

WE SHOULD TAKE A POLL: WHO THINKS IT'S A BOY AND WHO THINKS IT'S A GIRL?? I think it's a boy.

I think it's a boy.

Due to my ravenous hunger, which the books say is twins or a boy.. and since it's not twins, that leaves a boy..

Hey V's~

Busy trying to catch up w/ Walden today. Step mom is completely lost and since my sister is there until tomorrow, she has no idea of how quiet it is going to be. I feel really bad for her. She is strong, but it will take some time.

I don't go back to real work until Friday (5 days bereavement) so I need to catch up on things w/ Walden (which I completely ignored..not good) and w/ my diss.

I'll pop in later.

Just wanted to say how much you all have meant to me over the last week or so. thank you for all the cards and warm wishes. Amazing really...in so many ways you are all my "closest friends"!

xooxoxoxox

I hope it is a baby Violet...but I will be happy w/ a boy. I am praying for 10 fingers, 10 toes, healthy heart!!!

Me too Pam, and although I'd love a girl simply because the nursery set I picked out is too cute (purple flowers!), I officially want a boy or girl equally now after thinking about pros & cons of their sex lol. So I am going to win either way!!

Amazes me how dumb people are on the internet, with myspace/facebook. Anyone watch the judge shows and people incriminate themselves because of it, or people getting arrested now for commiting crimes and putting the videos up on their Facebook, etc.

My sister is stupid like that, she always blogs about when she does drugs, or cuts, etc. She finally learned how to do secret blogs where you can exclude some people from seeing it (like me and my mom), but today one of her friends commented on her myspace saying she's so stupid for getting back into drugs and if she met whoever introduced her to the needle she would kick their @$$ etc. So, there's that.

I could turn this into a rant, but I won't. Just amazed at what people put online. I've seen some news articles where HR people admit they pull up myspace/facebook of applicants when deciding whether or not they want to hire.

Save meh from the drama :cursing:

Talked to mom about my sister, guess where my sister got her drugs? From Russell's youngest brother when he came down for Thanksgiving. My brother told me his bro was bragging about have X, cocaine blah blah (this is his youngest bro, who is extremely obnoxious with shock talk), but even my sister was complaining about how he was talking about having drugs in front of our family. Anyway, so it ends up he sold her morphine, in syringes. She's never done morphine. So thanks to him, she has a new drug of choice. Mom begged me not to tell Russell, because she knows Russell always complains about his brothers coming to any of our family gatherings (he says they emberass him) and we say "no,our families are one", etc.. but now.. with this, mom doesn't want Russell to feel bad, yet me or Russ are going to have to call his bro and have a talk with him. That being said, mom said "Please don't invite his family to Christmas". heh.

Not sure what to do, she really doesn't want me to tell Russell and I don't want to tell him because I know he'll feel horrible.. but if I don't tell him, I'm going to be the one who has to call his brother and tell him he has shit for brains. (Pardon me Judy & Michelle!)

Are you kidding me, Laura? Don't apologize to me for your language... IMHO it's not strong enough!!

I think you're beyond worrying about anybody's feelings... your BIL sold your sis drugs & now she's using again... you are pregnant and will be bringing a precious new life into the world... your priority is to call a spade a spade & let them know this is NOT ok and then keep them the hell away from your babe. How do you live with the drama? -- Just stop playing along!

I know you can do it, Laura... you're not wishy washy... you often sound like the ONLY one in EITHER family with a brain!! Use it, girl!!

Sorry for the rant, but it's just MHO... I have no patience or tolerance for such nonsense...

Laura-Russell needs to know. Especially since your mom said she doesn't want his family @ Christmas....won't he wonder why? He has the right to know. Just MHO...

I agree that Russell should know BUT he should in no way feel responsible!! If she had not gotten the drugs from his brother, she would have gotten them somewhere else!! Nobody held a gun to her head and part of dealing with the real world is being able to say "NO" when drugs or alcohol are offered to you!! They're everywhere!! If Russell is 'mad' at his brother, fine, he has every right to be!!...but guilty?? ......pfffffft!!

Laura - Do you ever watch "Intervention"?