Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Hi ladies!

I am just doing minimal shopping today...like walgreens lol

Did you all hear about the man that worked @ Walmart that got killed by the stampeding customers this morning? UNREAL! We put our tree up today and we need some new decorations so we will brave target or walmart later to get some.

I have eaten too much...yes, less than I used to be able to eat but still too much. It is OK though, it's the holidays.

Have a great day everyone.

Good Evening, Violets..

Had a great day today. Ethan came at 11:30 and stayed until just a few minutes ago. We went out to eat and he behaved wonderfully, saying hi and bye to everyone in the place. Then we went to the parade and he sat in the stroller the whole time and waved and said hi to every float that went by. We came home and had Amelia's birthday cake and then sat and talked for a while before DS Josh and the family headed home. They won't get home till about 2 tomorrow morning. At least the roads are good for them.

Eating was very good for me today. I could only eat half my one egg and cheese for Breakfast. For lunch I had one piece of pumpkin pie and for dinner I had a cup of Soup and one spring roll at the chinese place. I had half of a piece of cake and 1 little scoop of ice cream and that's been it for the day. Yes, a variety of crap, but not that much of it and I'm not hungry this evening. Just really tired from all the fresh air and activity with the family. It's nice and quiet now. The Bobster and I will put the tree up tomorrow and decorate the inside of the house and then go see 4 Christmases with Kris and Nathan. I'm guessing we'll go out to eat too. My soup stock is made and is cooling now. I'll throw all the veggies in tomorrow and we'll have it for lunch and probably for the next several days.

Was anyone able to open the obit Pam sent in email???? Mine said it couldn't be opened. I was disappointed.

I'm going to go clean up toys from the living room and then put my feet up for the evening and probably fall asleep in the rocking chair. Everyone have a great evening. sleep well.

Catch you all tomorrow..

I opened it, and it had 5 people, none of which I could decide was her dad.. so I wrote back asking which one.

I was the same way on the obit. I could open it, but didn't really know if any were the right one.

It was pretty slow at work. I had 4 customers in a row, and then I left. The phone did not ring one time! I think that is some kind of record. The only shopping I did today was at Shoe Carnival, got my tennis shoes.

Well I am going to relax some and then get in bed, busy day tomorrow.

Jane

Well I got the link today, and it was not part of today's obits. So I typed in his last name, which is the same as hers, and ask for ones for the last week, and I got it no problem.

He sounded like a great guy----and it seemed he had a life well lived.

Hope our Pamela is ok, the "celebration" is tomorrow.

There was a guy in our obits in the paper today who was a year older than me, so he was 49----he died of cancer, and he was surrounded by his wife and 4 , four legged doggie children when he passed away. After mentioning the animals again, it finally mentioned about 6 kids, and their spouses, and grandkids. Then told about his life some, and the last paragraph said he was also survived by and listed no less than 11 names, children from previous marriages....it said! My Gosh, the man simply wore himself out!!!!

We had a great Thanksgiving. Was laid back, and pleasant.

Kinsey is staying with us tonight while her Daddy takes her Mama out for her birthday. She is very into Polar Express right now. Which is good because she is taking a Polar Express Train Ride a week from tomorrow. The Narrow Guage train out of Durango, makes a run called the Polar Express Ride. All the kids wear their jammies, and on the ride up train attendants in costume read them the story of the Polar Express. Then when they arrive they see Santa....he rides back I guess, and gives each child a bell and they have hot chocolate and Cookies on the way home.

It is part of the kids party that Manda's company holds for employees children since they are not made a part of the big party.

Manda was part of the planning committee for their company party. I guess they are giving away some fabulous prizes, and the big wheel who is helping with planning told them they were not eligible for the drawing for the big prizes, because it would look set up, but to thank them for their work, they all got new 32" plasma TV's! Must be nice!!!

I have ate my way through the last 2 days. OMG the amount and kinds of food I ate! I am avoiding the scale, and come Monday, the DIET is on! It has to be, no options!!! LOL

Well Kinsey thinks movies are better watched from Granny's lap.....and I have to agree!!! So off I go to finish the movie!

Everyone take care!

Kat

I am not getting email notifications again----is anyone else???

Jenn - Sorry you are having these issues :blush: I hope you can hold out 'til Tuesday! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Kat - I don't sign up for email notifications -- I just come on over to the thread a few times a day.

I didn't do much today except work on a necklace that I'm NOT crazy about!!! Grrrrrrr!!! I'm getting so mad about this jewelry making block I've got going here.

We took Hero to the bark park and got him wore out...sorta.

No shopping for me except for some beads I needed at Hobby Lobby.

Now I'm heading for bed! I can't seem to stay awake past 9:30 much anymore...and wake up at 5:00a no matter what day it is!

Up and going to get ready for work. I just have a 4 hour shift, so that's ok.

The only shopping I did yesterday was Sis and I went to Burlington Coat Factory. What a waste of time, not to mention the batrooms were horrible. yuck.

Yesterday, Sis came up and said that the furnace was not turning on. We went and checked it and the fan was coming on but the woosh from the flames was not happening. I ended up having to call the Heatind and Air Company. They showed up about 30 minutes later and the guy looked like he had just graduated from High School. Anyway he got it working and said he felt like a real heal having to charge us. It just needed a pipe cleaner to clean out the little wholes for the gas to come out and the flames to ignite. $195.00 for that. Good thing it didn't happen the day before. It probably would have been double. So the guys hould hubby how to do it the next time incase it happens again.

Everyone have a great day and try to get back on track.

Good morning everyone-

Our tree is up! DH went to Walmart for me yesterday and bought the one that they had on supersale yesterday morning :) It isn't as big around as I am used to and I am glad of that. It is a 6.5 ft prelit tree. I love it. We bought some new decorations for it and all 3 kids helped decorate. Good times :) Hope to hang lights outside today.

Back on the wagon today after a 2 day binge. Time to get sober again. I wish I had a 12 step meeting I could go to so I will just check in here often. :blush:

Hope you all have a great day! Make healthy choices!

Good Morning, Violets..

I went to bed early last night and slept for 10 hours!! Guess my body was trying to tell me something! DS and family made it home fine. They called about midnight when they were just a couple of hours from home. Today they have to be at grandson's hockey game early. I see naps in their future!!!

The Bobster is taking his shower and then will get the tree and all the decorations out.

I was able to get to the Pam's dad's obit this morning. He looks so young!! And then I realized he's only 5 years older than I am. He certainly had a good life and was beloved by many. PamELa is a very lucky lady to have had him in her life. I know when we "experience" Pam, we experience her dad too.

TracyK, I saw the article about the man trampled at Wal-Mart. What a waste!! I'm so glad I passed up that early morning shopping yesterday. I got SIL Nathan's gifts online. His pants are 36/38 and shirts are 16, 38/39. Can't find those sizes in stores!!!

I ordered some stuff for the Bobster too. All that's left to get is a gas card for my Godson and I'm done gift buying!!! woooo hooooooo!!

I sent our family pic into Walmart online for the Christmas cards and will have those next week. I'm also sending out baby shower invitations. Can you say "a loan for stamps, please"??

Time to go get some breakfast and get busy. Will check back later!! Have a great day!

I am up.....the house is semi cleaned, nothing major, but in a normal state again! I am trying to decide whether I want to Shampoo carpet today, and then decorate this week, or whether to get things up, then shampoo. Where my tree goes it will not get done really anyway, I have an antique trunk of my great grandma's there normally. Hmmmmmm

Rick is working, and says it looks like he will be late, the guys are pretty backed up. He had one come in yesterday who was not supposed to, and somehow the guy cut himself pretty badly, so he has to deal with the back lash of that today and try to see if the guys job is worth saving or not!

Might make a quick run in for some paper and labels so I can get my cards out---I am not as with it as Laura is!!! No pictures for us this year. We had plans, and I even bought shirts for all of us----but Gary has been too sick to even think about pictures!

I also do labels for my Mom and my MIL. Rick was talking to his Mom on the phone, and I told him to tell her I would get them to her this week. She told him for me not to bother, I didn't need to do her things. Rick FINALLY saw it for the martyr type comment it was! He got a bit snippy himself and told me, while she was on the phone, not to do hers he guessed she wasn't gonna send any cards. She told him oh she had to send some out or everyone would think they had died! He told her, well you know Kat has made you labels for years, they're saved on the computer, but if you want to be that way and write them with hurting hands DO IT! She backed off and said she would get with me about changes for her labels, since some she had quit hearing from. Rick being the smart a$$ he can be sometimes, said, well maybe they died!! I was in the kitchen cracking up!

So, if I go buy labels and paper, I can get all that done without Kinsey help! And she can help decorate....which will be fun too---but at least that she will enjoy, cards bore her, and last year she spilled my tea all over them!!

Maybe some wrapping.....so much to do, and so little I really want to do!!! Stocking is at least half done, more than that really.....I can finish the front but will have to wait til he is born to finish it, they are not sharing the name til then.....

Well, it is time to do SOMETHING!!! Right or wrong, I gotta get moving!!!

HO HO HO

Kat

wow, so quiet!!

I found the obit too. I guess I was just too much of a dufus the first time to do a search for his name...then Kat said she did found it that way and I was thinking DUH...it was a blonde moment for me I guess.

Our lights are up on the house :thumbup:

I haven't had lights up outside in YEARS.

Hope everyone is having fun. (((hugs)))

Yup.. very quiet in here today. Just got back from the movie. It was cute. A no brainer and that's what I was looking for this time.

We're under a winter storm watch for tomorrow afternoon through Monday afternoon. 6-10 of snow on the way and our snowblower is at the shop!! Course it's ready to be picked up, but getting there is going to be the problem.

Hopefully our neighbors can bail us out one more time if we can't get the snowblower back here.

We got the inside of the house all decorated and the Dicken's village put up. Everything looks so nice. We're headed to Walmart to get some mittens for Ethan and some stocking holders for the fireplace.

Everyone have a good evening.

PamELa.. hope you had a very uplifting celebration of life today. Hugs to you and your family.

Man, you guys are all so industrious!!! Not me!! I made a trip to Sam's ($250! ka-ching!), worked on a necklace that is taking forever to finish, went shopping for a new couch (which got vetoed) and made some gumbo. Note there is no Xmas anything in my day. Maybe we'll do some tomorrow.

Now I'm off to bed. 9:00 on a Saturday night. SAD SAD SAD. I'm so old!!!! If I could quit waking up at 5:00a on the weekends it might be a different story.

Niters. Stay warm everyone!