Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

I do, I watched it all the time... it's really sad, because it's real. The follow up episodes, they never stay clean!!

I know my sister is just as at fault, believe me I already know she's an idiot, but the audacity his brother has to come bring drugs and offered it to both siblings (my brother likely bought some too, he's a big druggie, but I figure what really happened is my bro ended up selling him stuff) in any event.. His family doesn't come for xmas anyway, we go there.. it's just to hear my mom SAY don't invite them, just puts a crutch there in my mind because I know my mom is resentful right now. And not at his parents of course, but his stupid ass brothers.

(Had to come back, Russ walked in my office)

Was talking to my friend, who has a brother in jail most of his life for drugs so she can relate, we were talking about what idiots they all are.. so glad I have someone to vent to about this, I just get so mad.

His brother was very obnoxious that day in other regards, I hate that he talked about drugs in front of my mom, it's a huge sore spot and completely inappropriate. But he brought a 12 pack of beers that morning when they got there at 10am and he drank several, then asked to bring it to the dinner. I said no, we don't drink alcohol (we never have, there's 2 alcoholics in our family and they know we don't drink at family gatherings, my granny is very anti-drinking).. then we get there, and we are getting drinks for everyone, my mom asked him what he wanted, he said "Any alcohol?" after I had the talk with him about no alcohol, she said No and he said "If there's no alcohol,then I don't want anything."

This is why Russell feels bad, he feels his brothers are a reflection on him. I've always said, my bro & sis are NOT a reflection of me. You can't choose your family, and no one in my fam thinks less of Russell because his brothers are stupid. I'm afraid if I tell him, he'll end up apologizing to my mom, which will set my mom off on me for telling him.

Edited by FairyFacade

At this point Laura, whether your Mom likes it or not Russell needs to know. If your Mom didn't want him to know, she should not have told you either. You are a couple, and are facing a long life ahead of you dealing with siblings on both sides doing drugs. The where and who sold to who and all is disappointing I am sure, but like you said, there is a good chance your brother sold to him too---so if his parents knew, they might not want to associate with your family either!!!

I would call my Mom and tell her, I had been thinking and worrying over it, and I wanted her to be aware I was going to tell my husband, because he is just that----my husband.....my mate......my partner, in good and bad. Then I would do just that.

And just for the record I agree with Michelle----you have important reasons for steering clear of all of them! It might be that is the basis in the next year of your not going to the in laws house or even your parents, if the siblings are going to be there, and be using.

Soon, your child will have you wanting to spend holidays in your own home, and you will be the one to decide who gets invited etc. That will eliminate anyone else deciding who gets invited or not!! It is just a few years away!!!

Ok just to be different....I am saying this little one is a GIRL!!!

All the decorations are up......except the tree! Will get it half way up tonight and then let Kinsey finish it tomorrow. Took much longer to decorate than usual, with a little girl examining each and every one of my multitude of snowmen!!! But she had fun. We got Cookies mixed and about 4 dozen baked, then her Mama showed up, so I put the dough in the fridge, and we will finish tomorrow.

I bought a box of egg beaters to use, so there would not be an issue of her eating cookie dough---and she knows me so well, we put the plastic lid on the bowl to put it in the fridge and she tells me "don't eat it all tonight Granny, ok?" LOL so much for those dinner plans!

Well I am going to get a couple of things done----slow but sure.....

Kat

Laura-how funny was it that the annoying guy on survivor tried to use that fake immunity necklace?! I LMAO!

hope you all have a good night

Well I have been in a funk for a while. Nothing to speak of, but just down. Eating sucks!!

I hope this finds everyone else doing well, and I am so glad to see Pamela back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya'll are right.

And yes, when Randy used the fake immunity idol I died laughing. Serves him right, he was a jerk.

Good evening, Violets..

Have not been able to get on the site for most of the day. I don't know what the problem was, but I rebooted again and again and it didn't help. I finally rebooted the cable box and Lynxsys and I guess that did the trick. There were certain sites I could not get on and Lapbandtalk was one of them. I hate sending out the email asking if you all can access the site and find out it's just me.. arghhhhhhhhhhhh

My day is done.. hospital shift, bell choir, New Day Singers. Tomorrow is busy again plus I'll have Ethan.

Everyone have a good night. sleep well..

Home from putting up the 2nd tree of the day. Man there are some awesome trees at the festival. Ours is lighthearted, but turned out cute, got decent reviews from the other decorators, and we were given some great ideas. Was a nice group of people around us, very friendly. It is not a competition between each tree really, although everyone there I am sure wanted to have the best, and make the paper etc!! There was a childrens violin group practicing for their recital during the festival. They hit a few squeakers, but mostly it was WOW!!!

And some of them were little!

Jane, sorry you are in a funk....I really do relate. These hives have me in one. I keep trying to think of something I can do to get rid of them, and don't know what--but I HATE them so bad! My cleavage is a mass of red welts right now.....

Tomorrow I am ready for Kinsey to decorate the tree with ornaments, and then we will finish the Cookies. I also have laundry to do....of course!!!

Manda come in today, and gave me a card---a credit card looking kind of card. It is the BP version of the Stars Cards Rick gets at work. They are a bonus thing. Ours we pay taxes on.....but they give them out for going above and beyond in your job. Rick and the other supervisors give them out -- and occasionally HIS boss gives him one too!

Well Manda got this one for staying extra time doing the party prep. She give it to me saying if not for me, she couldn't have stayed. She wants me to go buy myself something.....BUT (isn't there always a but!!!) I have to check with her before I buy anything, because she has already done my Christmas she said!!! LOL I just am having a hard time thinking of buying myself something. I have too many other people this time of year to buy for....plus it is more fun to buy for others.

She is trying to convince me to use it to buy myself a new outfit for the company party. Ours is not until mid January, because the company cannot have a CHRISTMAS party, it has to be a winter party. Being a world wide company---there are those who do not Celebrate Christmas....so of course the majority have to cater to them!

My thought is to use it and go have our family pics taken elsewhere since Gary is not really feeling up to doing it yet.

Any other good ideas???

Well I think I will see about getting started on my cards....at least get them organized.

House feels very festive with the tree lit up. Now I have to wrap some gifts!

See y'all in the morning!

Nighty night

Kat

Hey Vi's~

It is almost 10 pm and we just got home from a dentist appointment an hour away, dinner, and retail therapy! We went to costco and bought our little fake prelit tree (really cute) and some other stuff. Then we went more shopping and 3 pair of shoes, and 3 bras and some other stuff! We had such a nice afternoon/evening/night...first time in a long time! We are all done (well just have one more for step mom) w/ xmas shopping. I still need to get my Violet gift, but I'll do that this weekend when I get down town. Anywho...that is my story!

Laura~ Sorry about the fam drama. Addiction is tough for every family. Honestly, your sister needs will only get better when she is ready. Special prayers for your family (and Russ's too)

Kat~Sorry about the hives. I suffered for years w/ chronic hives...bad ones too. My face, eyes, throat, even my V-JJ would swell. My back and torso had huge hot welts all over it. For temp relief, I would put raw aloe on. Also, cutting out dairy (milk and cheese) will help. Last resort, Prednisone will cure you quick!

Jane~ Find a little piece of happiness and ride that wave. You really have so much to enjoy in life...remember that! xoxoox

Everyone else...have a great night and morning! Love ya!

Morning everyone

Pam nice to have you back ((hugs))

i'm so bloated from all the cup of Soup, gong to run to the store at work and get som Jello

I don't know what i can do as far as liquids, he didn't say Clear Liquids so what can i do that is low sodium?

Jane - i'm so sorry you are in a funk.... you know i've been in one for months, so i can relate 100% ((((hugs))))) you can always call me if you want to chat

I hope everyone has a good day, i have to get dressed and head to work

Morning Girls,

They are calling for snow later today so I'm glad I work this morning. I can get back home before it starts. I don't think it will be much.

Jenn, Does 7up help you at all? Becareful you don't over do it and end up in the ER.

Everyone have a great day.

I can't drink any soda

I just can t wait to feel better, it is getting worse, the neasua anyway - pain is steady but not horrible

Sure does explain a lot

i'm doing straight sodium free broth and Jello today, if i can even choke that down,

Good morning violets~

I wish I could reach out and give you all great big hugs! (((jane))) (((pamela))) (((kat))) (((jenn))) and for anyone else....here ya go :smile2:

I hope you all have a fantastic day! Good news about the holidas/weight is that I was only back up to 207.5 and considering the CRAP I ate??? that is totally awesome! I prayed before stepping on the scales, really.

Hey, where is TracyinKS?