Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

I was banded 13 November. All went well, really onto the babyfood puree stuff and make up four meals at a time. Make tem as tasty as possible and you will feel satisfied. I have staples in my wounds and have them out next tuesday. Pain was horrendous the first two days but feel better all the time. I Don't get hungry,but must make varied meals as easily bored!

I was banded on Nov. 13th--one week anniversary tommorrow! I still can't believe I did it, but I am so glad I made the choice to take control of my health. I have been blessed not to have any real problems. I was sore for the first few days, but nothing unbearable. Also, I really did not have much of an appetite for the first five days, and am honestly having to make myself take in at least two Protein Drinks per day. I am almost moving into the mushies stage, so I am researching tasty, filling options now.

I am struggling to make myself take in all of the Water (64 oz. per day). I think this is because of the uncomfortable gas pains I got when I swallowed the first couple of days. That subsided quickly, but it made me a little leary of drinking.

I love reading posts to this website and have found it a wonderful resource. Keep on sharing as we continue our lap band journey! I will too!:)

Hey ya'll I am on mushies. WOO HOO!!! I went to the Doctor yesterday for my 2 week post op and he said I can move to mushies. So I came home and had some mashed potatoes and may I just add they were the best mashed potatoes ever.

I have lost a total of 37 lbs and 13 of that is since surgery. I am excited and hope everyone is doing great.

To all those who are still on liquids and having a hard time remember this too shall pass. It is hard but it will come to an end be strong and know it will all be worth it in the end. Hugs to you all.

I had my surgery yesterday 11/18 and I'm doing pretty well. The gas pain and the incision pain is not so bad. The hardest part for me is trying to get up out of bed, that's when I feel a pulling sensation around the port.

Still on clear liquids...which is tough, but I'm way too scared of throwing up to cheat even one little bit.

So far so good! Best wishes to you all!

BMI 40

Highest 252

Surgery 244

Jacksonville, FL

Self-pay

Dr. Baptista

Congrats on your surgery. Dr. Cywes did the surgery for me, and I am not having any problems either. I was banded on Nov. 13th.

I really did not have an appetite until Monday, the 17th. Really had to make myself do the Protein drinks.

I am excited and can't wait to do my one week follow-up tomorrow.

Continued best wishes!

This is my first post, however, I have been reading all the info since I decided to have the lapband surgery. I had my surgery November 13th and am feeling absolutely wonderful. I go see my doctor for post op follow up tomorrow and have never actually EVER been excited about going to the doctor as I am tomorrow. The surgery was so much easier than I thought it would be...in regards to pain, etc. I was asleep off and on the first day (no bad pain) once I got home. My doctor does the procedure as outpatient so was home by 1pm the same day. Overall started feeling like myself by Saturday and have been on the go ever since. I have not returned to work as I am taking all the time that is due to me (I am never sick so I have plenty of sick leave). I will return to work on Friday for a half day and then a few days next week before we out off for Thanksgiving. I made sure I had the most time off work possible....LOL.

I decided myself to stop eating bread beginning September 1st and I believe it was the best idea for me. It made the 30grams max of carbs daily for two weeks before surgery a breeze. I had to do the liquid diet 2 days prior (the thought of that I was thinking was going to kill me but it was much easier than thought). I made sure apologized to EVERYONE in the office in advance if I were to snap or be ugly to them while on the liquid phase. After surgery (4 days) it was Clear Liquids only..that wasn't bad either. I still have not been hungry but I did get to go to foods on Monday. A one egg omelett with 2% cheese slice, diced mushrooms, and a little turkey dices make for a wonderful breakfast. I have had a little Soup and it all seems to do okay. I have this fear of things getting stuck. And I don't know when I am full yet so I just eat a small portion as I am too scared to gain any of the weight back. I worked to hard to get off what I did on my own to gain it right back as usual.

I want to thank everyone for sharing all their stories and even their problems with lapband and they help someone like me who continuously researches this stuff. Knowing I am not the only one with the severly excrutiating pain in my shoulder is good to know. I did find that heat helps it...I tend to have it twice a day (AM when getting up and late in the afternoon).

Haven't seen anyone from Southeast Alabama area on here yet...so if you are from around SE Alabama let me know.

I had my surgery yesterday 11/18 and I'm doing pretty well. The gas pain and the incision pain is not so bad. The hardest part for me is trying to get up out of bed, that's when I feel a pulling sensation around the port.

Still on clear liquids...which is tough, but I'm way too scared of throwing up to cheat even one little bit.

So far so good! Best wishes to you all!

BMI 40

Highest 252

Surgery 244

Jacksonville, FL

Self-pay

Dr. Baptista

Dr. Baptista did my surgery on 11/14. I'm with you on the cheating, too afraid of stretching or messing up my band to go off of the postop rules. But I am absolutely starving! I can have soft foods on Sat and can't wait.

Sam

I must say I think I'm doing pretty fantastic. I go for my follow-up visit tomorrow and I am really excited. I should be getting my staples out FINALLY! I will also be seeing the nutritionist so hopefully I will be given more choices of food to eat other than Soups, Jello and pudding.

I have virtually no pain at all right now. I am looking forward to going back to work next Monday. I miss my 20 6 year olds and can't wait to see all my friends back at work.

My husband has been absolutely amazing and tremendously supportive. I am very thankful to have someone who loves me as much as he does and is so willing to take care of me day in and day out.

I am thinking about all of you Notorious Novembers and will keep checking in on you to see how you are doing! :thumbup:

Hi everyone. I was banded on November 6 and everything went off without a hitch. I went home that night, took the weekend to recuperate, and was back at work on Monday. I haven't had any gas or any real pain or nausea or vomiting, although I have been a little constipated. However, I don't feel any real restriction when I eat or drink. Is that normal? I ate a whole can of fat free refried Beans last night, which I know can't be good, but I was hungry and it didn't hurt so I kept going (which of course I regretted after). I'm eating all pureed and mushy food right now after 10 days of liquids and thin Soups. I lost 12 pounds via my preop diet and I've lost only 2 pounds since then. Is this normal? Is it possible I've stretched the pouch by accident? Or do I just need to wait until my first band fill to really get what this whole experience will be like? My starting weight was 212, I'm at 198 now, and I'd like to be 135. I'm a female, 38 years old, 5'6. Just curious if anyone has an opinion about why I'm feeling so little restriction? I'm feeling like I'm going to have to really 'diet' still to get where I want to go and feel a little disappointed so far.

I have been told by many people that you may not have actually been filled at all so there wouldn't be much restriction after the initial swelling goes down. I have also been reassured by many that the first 6 weeks after surgery are for healing not so much for losing. Just make sure you are eating small amounts since that's what you will have to do once you do get restriction from a fill. Hope that helps. Good luck!

I was banded on 11/12. It has been up and down for me. The day after surgery I felt great, cleaned half the house and never napped, stayed on pain meds every 4 hours. The next day was miserable, the pain meds made me so sick to my stomach, everything I put in my mouth (protein shakes, Jello, pudding, milk, water) tasted rancid! I was nauseous all day long. All of that slowly got better over the weekend. I am feeling much better but even though I am walking and doing what I was told I am still having the shoulder pain especially when I belch, caugh, sneeze, yawn or do anything that I have to take deep breath. I hope that will go away soon.

I am getting very sick of sleeping on my back since I usually sleep on my side and even my stomach. I go tomorrow for my post op and to get the staples out! I can't wait for that!!! I think getting those out will improve my discomfort tremendously. And my sleeping arrangements.

Today was my frist day of pureed foods which was a great relief. I feel like I was able to eat WAY more than I should have been. But I did find out when I over did it....I have pain in my back and kidney area twice now...That one bite too many will do it. So I will be watching that much closer in the future. Haven't felt like anything has got stuck or ready to come back up as of yet, very thankful for that.

Overall I haven't had a bad experience and the recovery has been easier than I thought in many ways. I was hungry by the second day which was a little discouraging and the pain in my shoulder, I think those are my biggest complains. And tonight the staples are finally just getting ichy, like the incisions are healing and I want to rip them out! But tomrrow at noon I will let my doctor do that!

Thank you all for sharing and I look forward to hearing more from everyone!:thumbup:

hi :eek: I was banded 10th November. All went smoothly, no dramas. The shoulder pain was pretty full on though! Whats with that lol Still a little sore, but went back to work this monday. Getting very tired though from the lach of real food I think. Only a few more days of liquids then on to mush! YAY!!!

Glad to hear everyone doing well. It really is amazing the difference in diets from the Doctors!:thumbup:

Some of you started pureed foods pretty quickly. I am two weeks post op and have started puree yesterday. I had 5 days clear fluids and then one week full fluids. Now I am on puree for 2 weeks then solids. I have lost 11 pounds so far. i did not do a pre-op. I see my dr on friday which is good.

hey all, i got banded on Nov. 5th. saw my pcp on the 12th, and she dropped my Water pill!!!!! 4 more scripts to go! and i cant wear alot of my bigger jeans. saw the band doc on 17th, but i dont no what i did tuesday my side is fricken killing me like i fell hard on it.i dont see any bruising or anything i think i will call the office tomorrow and ask the nurse what she thinks unless any of u have heard of this and i am just being paranoid.

Went for post op appt with Dr. Robbins today. Had my surgery last Thursday....doc said everything looked good I was doing great. I have now lost a total of 42 pounds that includes pre op diets, etc., although my ins did not require me to do the six month diet. So from August 13 to November 20 I am now 42 pounds liighter.....ahhhhhhh! I was just too excited I could hardly sit on the table. My husband and I had a bet he thought about 10 pounds I said 8....what was so funny is that he was jumping around and was more excited than me at first....LOL He is so very supportive and helps keep me motivated. He has tried and tried to get me to go to the gym with him for years now. He works out, eats right, and lift weights because he doesn't want to have the same health problems as his parents...but I just made a PROMISE to him that when I hit 250 I WILL GO TO THE GYM WITH HIM (to me all I ever see go in and out of there are women that are there to meet men).....I will go back and get a fill and see the doc on Dec 10th...I asked about how bad the first fill was he said he will numb me up real good. THANK GOD! Just wanted to share. THANKS

:eek::crying::unsure::thumbup::cursing:

Hello everyone. I was banded on 11/11/08 and I feel great now. I am on a liquids and have a follow up appointment next week with doctor to go to the next stage.:cursing: